collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bomb Squad II  (Read 6060 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Bomb Squad II
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2015, 07:00:05 PM »
The one player I would keep out of all them, above.

Joe Bennett, cuz he will come good imo.

Ducks behind trench.

He's the worst left back we have, and given the competition, that's quite some claim to fame.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2015, 07:19:17 PM »
Have we still got Tonev?

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2015, 07:33:37 PM »
Have we still got Tonev?
Yes, he's probably entrenched in All Bar One Glasgow as we speak.

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2015, 07:38:31 PM »
Joe Bennett
Is that the guy who pretty much marked Edwin hazard out the game v chelski cpl seasons ago

Offline supertom

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2015, 08:26:57 PM »
Have we still got Tonev?
Surely we'd have grounds to cancel his contract. Not least because he lied to us in claiming to be a footballer.

Offline Kevin_Brum12

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2015, 08:27:27 PM »
Joe Bennett
Is that the guy who pretty much marked Edwin hazard out the game v chelski cpl seasons ago

The Seagull fans thought he'd done a decent job according to the comments here....http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/12980797.display/

The problem is we need to rebuild the entire defence.  Bennett could be a Premiership defender, if he had players of high quality around him.  With the exception of Clark, what defence do we have?  We leak goals like a burst water main.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2015, 08:28:14 PM »
Keep Delph, Grealish, Benteke and Clark. Fuck the rest off.

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2015, 08:33:46 PM »
Keep Delph, Grealish, Benteke and Clark. Fuck the rest off.
Baker ? Gardner ?

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2015, 08:35:22 PM »
Baker is too injury prone and Gardner, well who knows? another who hasn't kicked on for one reason or another. Maybe one to keep.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2015, 09:32:36 PM »
The rebuilding job will take longer than 1 transfer window, so we may have to be patient and live with some of the ones we want shot of being in the squad for a while yet.

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2015, 09:40:52 PM »
We will need one of those new Airbus double decker jobbies to airfreight all of our deadwood out of BHX . Let's hope the weight doesn't hamper take off

Online tomd2103

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2015, 10:12:47 PM »
Joe Bennett

The Seagull fans thought he'd done a decent job according to the comments here....http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/12980797.display/

The problem is we need to rebuild the entire defence.  Bennett could be a Premiership defender, if he had players of high quality around him.  With the exception of Clark, what defence do we have?  We leak goals like a burst water main.

Decent job at the lower end of the Championship is hardly a ringing endorsement is it?  Pretty much every time he played for us, the opposition targeted him and hot some joy, even Bradford.  Giving the likes of Bennett, Baker and Lowton a chance is exactly why we are where we have been for the last four years.  I remember similar comments about the likes of Bannan and Lichaj, and look where they are now - can hardly get a regular game in the Championship.  We need better.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2015, 10:28:19 PM »
I really don't think Joe Bennett is a good enough one v one defender at this level, he was a player just given a chance far too early at premier league level, he'd have been better playing another 100 games for Boro at that level as his first season he just looked so short of basic defensive understanding it was laughable.

Who knows what will happen at the left back coconut shy this summer. I'd keep Cissokho and ditch Richardson but Sherwood will do the opposite I'd imagine.

Offline john2710

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2015, 10:29:11 PM »
The one player I would keep out of all them, above.

Joe Bennett, cuz he will come good imo.

Ducks behind trench.

He's the worst left back we have, and given the competition, that's quite some claim to fame.

I seem to remember people saying something similar about Delph. I'm not saying Bennett will turn into an international but I think there is something there to work with.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2015, 10:32:13 PM »
I really don't think Joe Bennett is a good enough one v one defender at this level, he was a player just given a chance far too early at premier league level, he'd have been better playing another 100 games for Boro at that level as his first season he just looked so short of basic defensive understanding it was laughable.

Who knows what will happen at the left back coconut shy this summer. I'd keep Cissokho and ditch Richardson but Sherwood will do the opposite I'd imagine.

I think Richardson will stay as he can cover a couple of positions.  I'm sure he will have a look at Kinsella in pre season, but we still need a starting left back, 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal