collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Positives from the Cup Final  (Read 18073 times)

Online CT Villan

Re: Positives from the Cup Final
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 06:05:47 PM »
This is the biggest positive I saw...

“Some of the boys have already been told they won’t be here next year or they can find other clubs,”

edit. Another positive just came to me...we avoid the Europa League too - we're not ready yet and the distraction could see our league form suffer.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 06:14:55 PM by CT Villan »

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2015, 06:09:45 PM »
Can't really glean too many positives from the final, but the two rounds before the final were probably two of my favourite games in recent times.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2015, 06:14:45 PM »
Can't really glean too many positives from the final, but the two rounds before the final were probably two of my favourite games in recent times.

I didn't manage to get a ticket yesterday, and was gutted - until I actually saw the match.

For the semi final, a friend of mine managed to work a few incredibly tenuous links and managed to get us seats in Club Wembley Gold - free of charge.

I have to say, I loathe the concept of Club Wembley, but having experienced it, I can see why they allocate so many seats to it, and why so many people are happy to pay for the tickets.

I've been following us for almost 40 years and obviously have had the full rollercoaster of massive highs and incredible lows, and I know it was only a semi final, but that was a fucking brilliant match, in what was without a doubt the best seat I've ever occupied in a football match.

As I said, I was gutted at not getting one yesterday, as I couldn't find 500 quid for a ticket through an agency, but at the same time, my desire to do so was almost certainly limited by the fact that I'd had such an ace time at the semi.

I honestly struggle to remember the last time I felt so exhilarated and fucking happy as I did when I came out of that match. It was brilliant.

Offline Le Lapin

• GM : 14.10.2022
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2015, 06:16:23 PM »
Randy witnessed first hand that you need to spend to keep up with the big clubs. That must have been humiliating to see the gulf in class between our players and theirs was as wide as the Grand Canyon.

Offline frank black

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2015, 06:19:12 PM »
Time heals.

Offline ez

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2015, 06:20:52 PM »
I can free up a few hours from my hard drive by deleting all that stuff from yesterday.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2015, 06:22:22 PM »
Randy witnessed first hand that you need to spend to keep up with the big clubs. That must have been humiliating to see the gulf in class between our players and theirs was as wide as the Grand Canyon.

I think Randy will have blanked it out: from the shots shown on TV, I think all he'll be taking away with him is a few Royal anecdotes to share with his New York social scene. 

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2015, 06:23:58 PM »
We won't have the burden of being called 'Aston Villa the FA Cup holders' when it comes to the 3rd round draw, phew dodged a bullet there.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2015, 06:24:09 PM »
Positive is we got there and a lot of people had a lot of fun getting to this point and the day itself. That far be it from once every 15 years win or lose we should be doing everything to repeat the experience of a cup final.

Aside from that the final signalled the end of Season 5 in a row of mainly horrible football.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2015, 06:28:12 PM »
We haven't got to find the money to go back there and play Chelsea in August.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2015, 06:29:35 PM »
Aside from that the final signalled the end of Season 5 in a row of mainly horrible football.

I've been thinking about that a bit recently. Is it four seasons of horrible guff or five?

At the time, the Houllier season was pretty horrible, but it was a lot better for a bit at the end, and we actually finished ninth.

I genuinely can't make my mind up what I think of that season. At the time, it seemed horrible. I remember that home match against Sunderland as a particularly horrid experience.

yet at the same time, we broke our transfer record, and ended in a position we'd collectively give our right arms for these days.

I think what it comes down to is "you think this is bad now, but you'll really understand 'bad' in a few years time".

Offline danno

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2015, 06:30:48 PM »
1) It's over.

2) The nose next door moved a few months ago.

3) I was right by the pathetic fighting, and wasn't caught up in it.

4) The children sat in front of me who were scared witless by said fighting came to no harm.

5) The idiot behind me offering people out for sitting down was finally ejected in the second half.

6) My journey home was straightforward and the takeaway was still open when I got back to town
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 06:33:34 PM by danno »

Offline ez

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2015, 06:32:43 PM »
We didn't have a victory parade in this morning's rain.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal