collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Club Gestures  (Read 13971 times)

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
Re: Club Gestures
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2015, 03:58:09 PM »
As said on another thread, there were a trio of apparent Arsenal fans in my block. But even accepting the point - why were Arsenal fans in Villa seats? - the intimidation and violent threats offered to them was absolutely sickening. There was a spare seat next to me, and bearing in mind my other half was sat elsewhere, I could have told her to come to me in the second half. The fact of the matter is I didn't want her anywhere near those c***s masquerading as Villa fans. I repeat, c***s.

And as for scarves, the moment we made it into the ground and we saw some teenage chancer hanging around with two blue scarves around his neck, I took our tickets and rescued ours before the match started.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2015, 04:03:27 PM »
I've sat in the 'home' end at games and wouldn't dream of wearing colours or celebrating a goal (chance would be a fine thing), I can only assume people who do it only have experience of the sanitised SKY version of football. Having said that, any moron attempting to assault somebody really shouldn't be there either.

It is sickening that 'football family' tickets could in effect go to anybody making a mockery of the segregation of fans.

Online Exeter 77

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2015, 04:07:02 PM »
The was an Arsenal fan who (over)celebrated the first goal fairly near to us and the stewards seemed unwilling to do very much about it until the situation had escalated.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2015, 04:11:23 PM »
I have no sympathy for Arsenal fans who celebrated in the Villa section.
They new the risks when they chose to break the terms and conditions of the Ticket, if you cant do that then stay bloody quiet.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2015, 04:19:14 PM »
As said on another thread, there were a trio of apparent Arsenal fans in my block. But even accepting the point - why were Arsenal fans in Villa seats? - the intimidation and violent threats offered to them was absolutely sickening. There was a spare seat next to me, and bearing in mind my other half was sat elsewhere, I could have told her to come to me in the second half. The fact of the matter is I didn't want her anywhere near those c***s masquerading as Villa fans. I repeat, c***s.

And as for scarves, the moment we made it into the ground and we saw some teenage chancer hanging around with two blue scarves around his neck, I took our tickets and rescued ours before the match started.
I was in 528 and there were three arses nearby who all jumped up to celebrate the first goal. A scuffle ensued and they disappeared at half-time.
I was surprised that they had the brass neck to wear colours.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 04:21:54 PM by Mister E »

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2015, 04:19:26 PM »
My lad was in the lower section towards the half way line opposite the tunnel
And he says it got nasty with some Arsenal fans getting thumped for celebrating the first goal

And I can tell you for a fact that the ticket came from my local football club, who are entitled to two tickets from the FA,  Aston Villa supporters only is not printed on the ticket

However it does say in small print a at the bottom, just Aston Villa

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2015, 05:16:06 PM »
A big thank you to the gentleman who sat across the aisle from me on Coach 29. As well as being great company on the journey there and back he promised to let Freddy have his scarf as we missed out being in Block 530. He was true to his word.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2015, 05:17:31 PM »
Off the field what our club does is second to none. Let's hope they start doing something about the shambles that has been on it for the past five years. The appointment of Tim Sherwood is hopefully a step in the right direction. Fingers crossed for next season.

Online Julian Broddle

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2015, 05:27:59 PM »
I had tickets for the Arsenal end but found an Arsenal fan who had Villa section tickets to swap with. The fella I swapped tickets with works as an officer for the Essex FA and said there were several hundred Villa section tickets given to the Essex FA and vice-versa. If the FA are stupid enough to allocate tickets that way, there's no wonder trouble can start.

We were in 528 and there were loads of Arsenal fans around us, a few daft ones celebrated when the first went in and were attacked from all sides, despite there being kids younger than 10 in and around them. Thankfully other Villa fans stepped-in to hold back the a**holes, but then the fighting was amongst the Villa fans. The stewarding was quite frankly, shocking.

We were drinking in the Kilburn area from 11.30, had a great time pre-match but in all my years watching Villa, I still don't understand the fans that get so pissed before the match that all they want to do is cause aggro during the game. In the upper tier, the were three young 'crackerjacks' who refused to sit down and just wanted to fight with anyone who told them to do so.

Despite the performance and result, the idiocy of a few certainly didn't spoil the enjoyment of a good day. It does, however, give me second thoughts as to whether I get a season ticket for the wife and 2 girls (aged six and eight) with so many f**kwits about. We gave up our season tickets when the first was born, and thought next year would be a good time to return. Bright future?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 05:29:58 PM by Julian Broddle »

Offline greenwichvilla

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2015, 05:36:21 PM »
I had tickets for the Arsenal end but found an Arsenal fan who had Villa section tickets to swap with. The fella I swapped tickets with works as an officer for the Essex FA and said there were several hundred Villa section tickets given to the Essex FA and vice-versa. If the FA are stupid enough to allocate tickets that way, there's no wonder trouble can start.

We were in 528 and there were loads of Arsenal fans around us, a few daft ones celebrated when the first went in and were attacked from all sides, despite there being kids younger than 10 in and around them. Thankfully other Villa fans stepped-in to hold back the a**holes, but then the fighting was amongst the Villa fans. The stewarding was quite frankly, shocking.

We were drinking in the Kilburn area from 11.30, had a great time pre-match but in all my years watching Villa, I still don't understand the fans that get so pissed before the match that all they want to do is cause aggro during the game. In the upper tier, the were three young 'crackerjacks' who refused to sit down and just wanted to fight with anyone who told them to do so.

Despite the performance and result, the idiocy of a few certainly didn't spoil the enjoyment of a good day. It does, however, give me second thoughts as to whether I get a season ticket for the wife and 2 girls (aged six and eight) with so many f**kwits about. We gave up our season tickets when the first was born, and thought next year would be a good time to return. Bright future?

Fucking hell.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2015, 05:37:41 PM »
I have been giving the club the "V"s and the "wankers" gestures from my armchair for the past 24 hours.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2015, 10:52:04 AM »
The was an Arsenal fan who (over)celebrated the first goal fairly near to us and the stewards seemed unwilling to do very much about it until the situation had escalated.

Block 529? He got launched down the steps at one point if it was that bloke.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2015, 10:57:45 AM »
Sounds a bit grim.

Won't go into the rights and wrongs of sitting in the wrong seats, that's been done to death, but - speaking as one who couldn't get a ticket, especially - it is really annoying that we have a situation where Arsenal fans get tickets in villa seats via local football associations (and vice versa).

Another example of the hollowness of the term "football family" to go with events in Zurich.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2015, 11:11:44 AM »
I had no trouble, but having been to a couple of games against arse over the decades, I know what complete morons they are, to many times ive seen at Villa Park arse fans wanting to get into the Holte with their colours on, some of these are blokes with women and/or kids if any ones cuynts its the arse fans, perspective would you go to an away match stand in the Stretford end, the kop, don't be daft unless you want to invite trouble, that's exactly what these arse wankas did, so for those saying ooh moronic Villa fans , get real. its up to the stewards to sort and if your stupid enough to stand where there are lots of opposition fans and think its acceptable, you know FA about the football fan.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2015, 11:32:01 AM »
As witnessed when Millwall kicked off, the stewarding at Wembley is lenient to the point of negligence .Drinking to excess and standing throughout is a problem everywhere I feel, but opposition fans in our end is asking for trouble.Time for the FA and Wembley to sort this.Won't hold my breath.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal