collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Club Gestures  (Read 13958 times)

Offline kippaxvilla2

Club Gestures
« on: May 31, 2015, 01:38:06 PM »
As we recover from the carnage on the pitch yesterday I just wanted to congratulate the club on yet another demonstration of their class.  The scarves and flags were again another example of the right way we do things in so many ways off the pitch.....

Now if we could just have some cash for players please......

Offline Rudy65

Re: Club Gestures
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 01:41:39 PM »
As we recover from the carnage on the pitch yesterday I just wanted to congratulate the club on yet another demonstration of their class.  The scarves and flags were again another example of the right way we do things in so many ways off the pitch.....

Poor consolation, but I agree

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 01:46:37 PM »
the Claret scarves were to dark, more burgundyish   

;D

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 01:50:42 PM »
Pity about the wankers who felt the need to pinch scarves and flags from other seats.

Online AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 01:51:15 PM »
Yeah, the scarf thing didn't work.From my vantage point next to the press box I could only see blue scarves when held up.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 02:20:53 PM »
I want a written apology signed by them all.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 02:22:31 PM »

I want the head of Tom Fox. On a plate. A gold plate.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 02:26:07 PM »

I want the head of Tom Fox. On a plate. A gold plate.

At the moment I just want the entire squad, the entire management, Villa Park, Bodymoor Heath, the team bus, the programme sellers and everything else connected with the club to sod off forever. No doubt I'll renew this week.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 02:26:18 PM »
Pity about the wankers who felt the need to pinch scarves and flags from other seats.

A great gesture by the club, but if you really stop and think about it, putting something of value like a scarf on seats is asking for them to be swiped. Far better to use something of no value, like a piece of coloured card, if you want an effective display. The semi-final worked perfectly and looked fantastic, the final was the complete antithesis of that in almost every respect.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 02:28:33 PM »
Thought the scarf thing still looked impressive. The fans certainly player their part yesterday and the club did played theirs with the flags and scarves. Everything was going great right up till kick off.

Online walsall villain

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 02:37:42 PM »
Thought the scarf thing still looked impressive. The fans certainly player their part yesterday and the club did played theirs with the flags and scarves. Everything was going great right up till kick off.
That's losing at Wembley for you, felt the same every time we lose, all going splendidly well until..........

Offline MalcolmP

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015, 02:49:13 PM »

Was it not an FA thing? - Arsenal appeared to have scarves and flags too

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2015, 02:51:09 PM »

No the clubs paid for them

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2015, 02:53:48 PM »
Yeah, the scarf thing didn't work.From my vantage point next to the press box I could only see blue scarves when held up.
Difficult to see from my position in block 139 but I got the impression that a lot of our fans didn't know whether to hold the scarves up or wave the flags...only about half a dozen around me held up scarves - the rest were waving flags, so the block of colour that worked so well in the semi - and seemed to work for the Arse end - was lost.

As were our players later on!

Club gesture?
When the players return from their summer break don't let half of the fu*kers back in!

Offline Holte132

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2015, 02:56:41 PM »

No the clubs paid for them

The Arsenal flags were the same design as ours, so maybe the clubs had to pay for them but it was an FA initiative.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal