collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: If anyone knows a Villa fan who lost an iPhone near Wembley...  (Read 2773 times)

Offline Holte L2

Re: If anyone knows a Villa fan who lost an iPhone near Wembley...
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 08:45:18 PM »
What happens if you hold down the home button for a few seconds? Depending on the owners phone settings could trigger Siri.
In that case prompted by beep, say "call Dad". The phone could start calling that person right away.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2015, 09:27:24 PM »
I lost my wallet at the semi final and the finder contacted the Villa who passed his details on to.me and i was reunited with it within a few days so maybe it's worth contacting them?

Offline Olof's Beard

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2015, 10:58:06 PM »
The person clearly cut off the phone, I reckon some time in the early afternoon.  I thought it was just out of signal but I went a good five miles and no joy.  A bit odd considering the person must have know I had it, they did not call in the hour or so I had both the phone charged and with signal at my mate's around midday and it seems it was cut off straight afterwards.

Someone did suggest the Voice Recognition, I didn't know it had that.  That would have been great to know yesterday (never had an iPhone and never taken much interest in them).  I tried it earlier but it said I needed to be connected to the internet to use SIRI.  I reckon the owner had already cancelled it all by then.

I will try O2 and the club tomorrow and beyond that I can't do much else.  Thanks for all the suggestions.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2015, 11:13:56 PM »
I can just imagine Olof's Beard desperately searching for the Gibbons are superior to Owls button to press on the iPhone and being a bit confused by it all.....;)

Sorry.

Offline Olof's Beard

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2015, 11:34:33 PM »
I can just imagine Olof's Beard desperately searching for the Gibbons are superior to Owls button to press on the iPhone and being a bit confused by it all.....;)

Sorry.

I am still looking for CTRL, ALT, DEL!

I actually recently got my most up to date phone yet - a Samsung S3 no less.  I believe that Samsung is one of the biggest names on the market and the S3 is one of their most 'hot of the shelves' models.  It really does have it all, you have your texts, your phone calls, your Whatsapps, your W-I-F-I, your calculator.

I am a modern man.

But you can't even get the back off these iPhones to have a look at the battery.  What the heck is that about?

Offline KRS

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2015, 01:10:43 AM »
Sounds like you've inherited an iPhone...reset to factory settings, ensure all data is wiped and sell it (or keep for your own use).

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2015, 10:30:38 AM »
They may have "find my iPhone" switched on, in which case they might turn up at some point.

Offline Olof's Beard

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2015, 10:37:50 AM »
Yep somebody mentioned I might get a knock on the door, but apparently it is more likely to be the Police which would definitely please my Dad!

I have spoken to 02, the club and Wembley Stadium and none of them could help.  The latter have details so if the person contacts Wembley then they have my details to contact me.  02 need you to pass a security check and quote the number before they do anything, they said it was unusual anyone bothered to call but to hand it to the Police (but I know once it is with the Police it will never find its way to the owner).  The club said to contact Wembley.

For all I am a currently jobless following 8 months of pretty expensive backpacking, I am not going to be looking to sell or use the phone because its not mine so if people can listen/look out elsewhere that would be great, the phone will just be sat here in the mean time.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal