collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: If anyone knows a Villa fan who lost an iPhone near Wembley...  (Read 2772 times)

Offline Olof's Beard

I found an iPhone on the floor nearly Wembley and would like to get it back to its rightful owner.  It's a female's phone with a bright green casing and 3d floral design.  I managed to speak to the owner's Dad as he called but it was too loud to hear him properly.  The phone ran out of battery after but before it did, I could see previews messages of commiserations so I know it's a Villa fan's phone.  It had a code so I couldn't get in to see the messages.

Long shot but if anyone hears of anyone who has lost one, let me know.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 03:57:01 PM by Olof's Beard »

Offline hipkiss92

Re: If anyone knows a Villa fan who lost an iPhone nearly Wembley...
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 11:02:24 AM »
Any idea what the number is? I had someone come up to me outside the arch saying he'd lost his phone and could I phone it. Obviously doesn't help relocate it as I don't have a way of getting touch, but could be the same one.

Offline Olof's Beard

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 11:08:21 AM »
No idea, it is password protected so I can only take calls.  Definitely a female's phone though, spoke to 'Dad' and he said it was his daughter's but it was really difficult to have a conversation.

I have a mate with a charger so will get it charged up and see if it rings.  If not I will drop it down to the local Police Station.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 02:50:47 PM »
No idea, it is password protected so I can only take calls.  Definitely a female's phone though, spoke to 'Dad' and he said it was his daughter's but it was really difficult to have a conversation.

I have a mate with a charger so will get it charged up and see if it rings.  If not I will drop it down to the local Police Station.

Could you put the sim in your phone?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 02:56:57 PM »
He'd still need the password to get in, wouldn't he?

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 03:22:23 PM »
There's a bloke posting on the villa selling page about losing a phone.  Let me have a look.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 03:25:17 PM »
Don't think it's the same one as this guy is on about a bear Grylles case!

Offline Olof's Beard

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 03:56:50 PM »
Ha, this is definitely not a Bear Gryls case.  It's fairly girly.

I tried the sim in my phone but no joy.  I have managed to get a mate to charge it up but it is on O2 and we barely get any signal here (Kingsbury) so it's not much use having it sat here.  I am sure the person may well cancel the phone if they haven't already, which is a shame.  Considering ringing O2 and giving them the serial number thingy off the back of the simcard maybe, see if they can contact the owner and tell her I am looking to return it.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
Re: If anyone knows a Villa fan who lost an iPhone near Wembley...
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 04:47:07 PM »
Ha, this is definitely not a Bear Gryls case.  It's fairly girly.

I tried the sim in my phone but no joy.  I have managed to get a mate to charge it up but it is on O2 and we barely get any signal here (Kingsbury) so it's not much use having it sat here.  I am sure the person may well cancel the phone if they haven't already, which is a shame.  Considering ringing O2 and giving them the serial number thingy off the back of the simcard maybe, see if they can contact the owner and tell her I am looking to return it.

If you spoke to dad you'd think there'd be more calls to the device; If O2 can't help, Apple might, either should be able to email her you'd think.
If not it's lost property so as you suggest probably best to hand it in to the police pretty quickly once you've exhausted those couple of phone calls?

Offline Olof's Beard

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 04:54:35 PM »
I have a mate who is a Police Officer and he reckons O2 will tell me to take it to the Police.  It will put in Property Found and never seen again, particularly as it would be 'any old' Police Station.

But I will try them

I reckon she probably has tried to call it but there is just no 02 signal here.  The Dad just wasn't getting my message at all yesterday, it was so loud I don't think he could tell it wasn't his daughter for a while.  Not sure what that says about my voice but I have been practising my manly grunting all day just in case.  I was trying to tell him to get a pen as I had found the phone and would give him my number but he said he didn't have one.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 05:00:22 PM »
Why don't you just take it eith you to work or wherever you go next where there is likely to be a better signal?

Offline purpletrousers

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015, 05:07:50 PM »
Olof I pm'd you, I'm chatting online with Apple now, can you reply?

Offline KRS

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2015, 05:14:11 PM »
Your best bet is charging the phone and hopefully the owner or a friend of the owner will call the number. If there are no calls or if the SIM has been blocked then theres not much you can do other than accept that you've inherited an iPhone, wipe it down, and keep it...or stick in on eBay. At the end of the day, this is what phone insurance is for, so if you've tried you best then don't feel bad about it.

Offline purpletrousers

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2015, 05:56:32 PM »
Forget Apple. They say it violates privacy to contact someone to tell them someone found their device! They do point out the owner (presuming they know this) can register it lost which will show contact details on the phone in 'lost mode'. I've escalated a complaint about how they won't help...
So O2, or police.

Offline Olof's Beard

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2015, 06:07:03 PM »
Why don't you just take it eith you to work or wherever you go next where there is likely to be a better signal?

I work from home.  Well actually, I don't really live in the country and leave again on Friday, currently staying with my Dad.  I am going to take it out with me later and try voice activation thingy.  I am not the best with phones in truth, but I have friends who are much better and have been making suggestions.  I suspect the owner may have had it cut off now because they couldn't get hold of me all day.  I had signal for about half an hour I reckon.  The problem is I don't have use of a car here and it's a Sunday so it's not been great.  I needed the signal as she would have been mad not to try and ring it earlier.

Off out soon and will take it with me and see what I can do.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal