collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Enough is enough!  (Read 5093 times)

Offline warleyboy

Re: Enough is enough!
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2015, 10:31:19 PM »
The majority of posts on this thread are positive, despite the Thread title and are not the often usual despondent  pessimistic posts that to be honest were more often than not deserved.

TS has hopefully raised the optimism of fans that next season Villa will be on the up.

I hope that there is now truly a light at the end of a long dark tunnel.

Nope the thread title is anything but negative. Looking for a positive plan to get us out of the mire and becoming competitive. Whilst things have been good under Tim it feels a bit like the second half of Lambert's first season. At the time we all felt we had turned the corner but it was a false dawn. So we need a proper plan now to not repeat another season amongst the down and out!

I think that's a little unfair olaftab, TS has worked wonders with what Lambert could obviously not do.
We have played some great attacking and exciting football, crowd increases, great interviews, tekkers back on fire etc
He has put some pride back into our club, and hopefully a fa cup to follow.
I for one cannot wait to see what he can do with his pre season and new buys.
The futures bright the futures villa....

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2015, 07:10:32 AM »
Right 5 seasons of struggling to avoid relegation We the fans have had enough. Mr Fox, Mr Sherwood we need a plan to end this nightmare.

No more bargain basement signings. If we continue to spend around £9m per season we'll continue to struggle at the wrong end. I honestly think this is the end of our struggles though.
Onwards and upwards and all that.

I Agree we should spend more money. But surely our form under sherwood gives lie to the view that with our outlay we can only struggle. See also Stoke, Swansea, palace.

If we start next season with the current squad plus a left back I'd be delighted. Though would be great to add more

If we lose benteke we need to reinvest the whole lot wisely and ambitiously

Offline postal

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2015, 08:33:24 AM »
I Agree we should spend more money. But surely our form under sherwood gives lie to the view that with our outlay we can only struggle. See also Stoke, Swansea, palace.

If we start next season with the current squad plus a left back I'd be delighted. Though would be great to add more

If we lose benteke we need to reinvest the whole lot wisely and ambitiously

If we lose benteke (and if we do, pls to a non-Premiership) the tactics of the team may have to change.

A left back and centre defender is a must anyway

Also when (if) we win our 1st 4 games, dont get carried away  ;)

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2015, 09:23:52 AM »
The ownership issue needs to be sorted out ASAP.  If we're being sold get it sorted. If not then announce that we're not and then we can cut our cloth accordingly.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2015, 08:18:24 PM »
I am grateful that Fox made the change and Sherwood won 5 games to keep us up however he still lost 7 which means he will need lot of help and backing to move us upwards. Finishing 17th is just not good enough.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2015, 08:24:28 PM »
The minimum income next season is £100m. The books are balanced. Assuming we don't sell Benteke I'd like to see a transfer budget of circa £25m .

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2015, 09:30:41 PM »
I am grateful that Fox made the change and Sherwood won 5 games to keep us up however he still lost 7 which means he will need lot of help and backing to move us upwards. Finishing 17th is just not good enough.

I dread to think how many games we would have won if Lambert had still been in charge. Yes the performance today was not good enough, just like last week, but lets see how Sherwood does in the transfer market. I am hopeful of better days

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2015, 02:01:53 PM »
Last 3 games lost and 11 conceded is very worrying.
I fear the Benteke transfer saga being stretched out over entire summer and new owners/not new owners situation is  seriously going to hamper our ability to sort out the squad and not repeat another season of fighting relegation.

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2015, 02:12:59 PM »
Well I'm guessing no takeover is imminent . Something would of been announced today .

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2015, 02:16:13 PM »
Well I'm guessing no takeover is imminent . Something would of been announced today .

Of you been expecting an announcement?

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2015, 02:17:41 PM »

Of you been expecting an announcement?
Just on the logic if anyone was sniffing about and had made an acceptable offer on the basis we stayed up. I'd say that would of been announced today after the season end.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2015, 02:17:58 PM »

No they have to get out the horse shit from the players about 'how they all will do better' next time/season first.

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2015, 02:18:25 PM »
Sherwood's comments about certain players not having a winning attitude should've been followed first this this morning with a press release listing all of the players who have been released.

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2015, 02:25:14 PM »
Sherwood's comments about certain players not having a winning attitude should've been followed first this this morning with a press release listing all of the players who have been released.
Only those out of contract can be released. So the likes of CNZ and Weimann are safe .

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal