collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: VILLA ch ch ch  (Read 3140 times)

Offline castlefields_villan

VILLA ch ch ch
« on: May 31, 2015, 12:26:01 AM »
Anybody else my age (nearly 58) who was at Highbury, Rotterdam and everything and everywhere who just wants us to be a decent premier league team and WIN THE FA CUP

Offline tricky dicky

Re: VILLA ch ch ch
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 01:14:05 AM »
ME

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 07:18:15 AM »
I'd be amazed if there isn't anyone on here who just wants that.

Offline SX150

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 11:23:22 AM »
Yeah me 54 this year. Great memories, Sunderland home 1975 promotion, Highbury 81, Rotterdam 82. Barcelona home 83 etc. Need the F.A. Cup in my lifetime.

Offline mjlions

• GM : 02.07.2024
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 01:02:23 PM »
Yeah me 54 this year. Great memories, Sunderland home 1975 promotion, Highbury 81, Rotterdam 82. Barcelona home 83 etc. Need the F.A. Cup in my lifetime.

This although I fear yesterday was the chance. The gap between the Top 4 and the rest is just getting too large.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 01:10:36 PM »
I honestly can't ever see it happening. I feel like a tit for believing it was about to happen.

Offline Confusious says

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 01:23:17 PM »
Yes to all those momentus games although Highbury was a defeat
But Middlesborough did us proud that day, we all long for a return
To Glory and a sustained period of success, so have faith at least
It is better at the moment than 3rd division was, although we had
Some fun and wins

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 01:24:10 PM »
Deep down I knew Arsenal would win and voted them in the pre match poll. We  had our blinder against Liverpool and I I never felt we could replicate it we were also in good form going into that game
The 6-1 knocked the stuffing out of them and if I'm honest my belief went then. They had there wobble against Reading and were fortunate to beat them I think that have them the wake up call they needed unfortunately

Offline SX150

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 01:29:54 PM »
Deep down I knew Arsenal would win and voted them in the pre match poll. We  had our blinder against Liverpool and I I never felt we could replicate it we were also in good form going into that game
The 6-1 knocked the stuffing out of them and if I'm honest my belief went then. They had there wobble against Reading and were fortunate to beat them I think that have them the wake up call they needed unfortunately
Probably bang on there.

Offline SX150

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 01:33:22 PM »

This although I fear yesterday was the chance. The gap between the Top 4 and the rest is just getting too large.
And 15 years between Chelsea 2000 & Arsenal 2015 tells me I am rapidly running out of time. Above all I do need the F.A. Cup.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 04:30:15 PM »
I'm of similar vintage.
Yesterday before the game, I actually thought we would win .... Mug!

We need Fox and Sherwood to make some big decisions over the summer about new players and squad development. Sherwood also needs to bring in a defensive coach.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015, 04:39:00 PM »
Yep I fit into the same bracket and have been there to see us win all those games. Just the F.A. cup is missing from my collection. Couldn't go yesterday because of a wedding so if we had won I don't really know if I could actually add it to my collection as I wasn't there.

Offline castlefields_villan

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 02:45:03 PM »
I really felt this was our year - the same as I did in 1977, 1980, 1990, 1996 and so on..... I know I'm the eternal optimist - but when I think of being brought up on supporting the team who had won it the most ("7 times we've won it etc..") - not being to sleep at all on Friday night - I was on here until I looked outside about 5.45 and saw that it was light and thought - I really need to get some shut-eye because I want to enjoy the whole of tomorrow, not wake up just in time for the game.

Beforehand, I'd watched that famous 1973 final (remembered it all as though it was yesterday) and thought if a mid table second division team can beat the then dominant Leeds, surely we can do it today.  Watching Abide With Me, the national anthem and even seeing dear old Doug take his seat made just enhanced my thoughts we'd do it.  The opening 40 minutes, prior to Walcott's goal made me think - this is going to be Rotterdam all over again because they haven't scored yet - and surely we'll get one chance.  Even after the second I thought - change the formation/subs/Gabby/Sinclair/Bacunna whoever - kitchen sink time - and we can still  make a game of it.  Even after the 3rd went in - it was only when we got nothing for the foul on Gabby and then the clear penalty for the foul on Grealish - that my mind turned to the only option being a bottle of red wine !

Will we ever come as close again - over to you guys ?

Offline curlytailavfc

• www.friendsofakitas.co.uk
  • GM : 26.02.2019
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 03:34:38 PM »
me ive just hit 61 needed the fa cup as i was 3 when we last turned up for the final in 1957

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal