collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Any particular reasons for winning the fa cup  (Read 9405 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Any particular reasons for winning the fa cup
« Reply #105 on: May 27, 2015, 11:30:52 PM »
It would just be good to put the pride back into the club.

The last 5 years have been awful, we all try to defend the club when the media and other rival clubs knock us but that's been very difficult especially during the Lambert years when we were getting knocked out by league 2 teams and setting all sorts of woeful non scoring records.

I'm not expecting a cup win to herald some sort of golden era but generally trophy wins get grudging respect from others and it would create a feel good factor going into next season which would make a change.

I went to my first game in 1997 and only really recall football from around then. I don't recall euro 1996 so can't remember us winning the league cup in 1996 either so yes it would be great to watch us win a trophy as obviously you can't predict the next chance we'd get and when it would occur.

Offline castlefields_villan

Re: Any particular reasons for winning the fa cup
« Reply #106 on: May 28, 2015, 11:32:43 PM »

It's in our DNA as Football Club, it's in my DNA as a Villa fan, when Ray Stewart scored the last minute Penalty at West Ham - that was the closest I've ever come to tears about the result of a Football Match.

I've never forgotten that quarter final at West Ham - was convinced our name was on the cup that year after we'd overcome being drawn away to Bristol Rovers, Cambridge and Blackburn and we were within a whisker of getting them back to VP. 

As you say - that and all the other big disappointments in the tournament; Man Utd (1977), Tottenham (1982), Arsenal (1983), the Liverpool and Chelsea semis and the disaster of 2000 can all be put away as a distant memory with a win on Saturday

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal