collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fair play BBC  (Read 6352 times)

Offline el león Benidorm

• GM : 28.05.2015
Re: Fair play BBC
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2015, 12:52:00 PM »
Should it not be Aston Villa vs Arsenal as we are the 'home' team?

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2015, 12:58:14 PM »
Its always alphabetical.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2015, 01:03:38 PM »
From Wiki...

"Following the semi-finals, both clubs met at Wembley to discuss final arrangements. Arsenal were designated as the "home" team because they were first alphabetically. Despite this, Aston Villa won the pre-match coin toss for choice of strips and chose to wear their home claret and blue kit that they had worn for all of the previous rounds. Arsenal decided to wear their yellow and blue away kit instead of their dark blue cup kit.[9]"

Offline el león Benidorm

• GM : 28.05.2015
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2015, 01:43:23 PM »
I always thought they tossed a coin as to whether it was home or away, which kit, etc etc. Oh well, learn something new everyday.

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2015, 02:05:48 PM »
How much of this day of the FA Cup final will feature Villa ? It will be all about previous winners Man Ure, 'The Mighty Reds YNWA', 'Classic finals' any excuse to show more Spurz and Chavski I have no doubt there will be less than 30 minutes of Villa in the whole build up. 

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2015, 03:46:58 PM »
They will have the important people on to cover us.

Offline SX150

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2015, 03:54:12 PM »
I'm hoping for a chorus of "F*ck the BBC & the F.A too" after the 1/4 final game. Mark Lawrenson could do with some verbals too he should remember the dark old days of the 80's he was playing at Heysel.
Above all though its about Villa and we should really rise above it but they have really made my blood boil between them.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2015, 05:58:07 PM »
Whilst it made the interviewer laugh a lot, I am confident my comments about him last night won't make it onto cup final Grandstand.

"What was it like to beat West Brom in the quarter final?"

"It was fantastic until I got home and saw what that tramp like, whining, piss flap Lawrenson had been poisoning the viewers with".

Much mirth.

"Shall we try again?"

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2015, 09:11:40 PM »
Whilst it made the interviewer laugh a lot, I am confident my comments about him last night won't make it onto cup final Grandstand.

"What was it like to beat West Brom in the quarter final?"

"It was fantastic until I got home and saw what that tramp like, whining, piss flap Lawrenson had been poisoning the viewers with".

Much mirth.

"Shall we try again?"

It was filmed though yes?
If you can get hold of this it would be fantastic.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2015, 10:04:28 PM »
My next response was "acceptable".

Then we tried again and I played nice. I am guessing that bit might be on telly.

Woodhall was a standout.

"Do you know the words to this song? "

"Yeah"

"Can you sing it for us? "

"Are you paying for the interview? "

"No"

"Bollocks  then"

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2015, 08:00:26 AM »
Sadly, being the happy clappy Villa fan I am, I did agree to sing!

I am now mortified and realise the May 30th could simultaneously be the best and worst day of my life all at the same time.

I have checked & no-one else I know agreed to sing. I am hoping that they wanted to montage it and if I'm the only one, they won't use it (straws, clutching)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2015, 11:07:13 AM »
If it was the Liverpool Steve G final they wanted I think the coverage would be starting about now.

I suspect the whole day was planned on the basis it would be. The BBC commentators will be busy spending the next week trying to recognise Villa players' names from old footage. Chris Waddle for R5 will be getting extra tuition on how not to describe us as 'these'

I think the teams should walk out to the whole crowd singing YNWA in homgae to the great man who's destiny was cruelly ripped away from him by those upstarts from Birminum.

You know that really grinds with me how these well paid ex footballer pundits cannot pronounce the city name of Birmingham. Its ingham ngham  not Burminam there is clearly a big fucking G in the middle of it. Maybe everyone else should start saying lodon

think cnuts

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2015, 12:06:37 PM »
If it was the Liverpool Steve G final they wanted I think the coverage would be starting about now.

I suspect the whole day was planned on the basis it would be. The BBC commentators will be busy spending the next week trying to recognise Villa players' names from old footage. Chris Waddle for R5 will be getting extra tuition on how not to describe us as 'these'

I think the teams should walk out to the whole crowd singing YNWA in homgae to the great man who's destiny was cruelly ripped away from him by those upstarts from Birminum.

You know that really grinds with me how these well paid ex footballer pundits cannot pronounce the city name of Birmingham. Its ingham ngham  not Burminam there is clearly a big fucking G in the middle of it. Maybe everyone else should start saying lodon

think cnuts
Wankers.

Offline KRS

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2015, 12:11:57 PM »
Sadly, being the happy clappy Villa fan I am, I did agree to sing!

I am now mortified and realise the May 30th could simultaneously be the best and worst day of my life all at the same time.

I have checked & no-one else I know agreed to sing. I am hoping that they wanted to montage it and if I'm the only one, they won't use it (straws, clutching)
What did they ask you to sing?

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2015, 12:13:48 PM »

think cnuts

Alan Curbishley was always the worst offender for this and the muppet lived in the City for years!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal