collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Enough is enough!  (Read 5094 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Enough is enough!
« on: May 16, 2015, 05:04:33 PM »
Right 5 seasons of struggling to avoid relegation We the fans have had enough. Mr Fox, Mr Sherwood we need a plan to end this nightmare.

Offline Tokyo Sexwhale

Re: Enough is enough!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 05:12:12 PM »
No more tears...

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 05:15:26 PM »
Aside from today, Sherwood is doing his best and in a short time has inject positvity and a winning mentality into the squad which was no mean feat the state we were in when he turned up. He deserves our support.

The ownership is up in the air, no idea what will happen there. If it's still Lerner I can only hope he fights tooth and nail to keep Benteke and gives Sherwood the 30m he seems to be demanding of any new ownership but I won't be holding my breath on that one.

Offline LTA

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 05:20:12 PM »
If Lerner is reenergised as we keep being told, he needs to prove it this summer.  There's only so often we can dodge the drop. 

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 05:38:12 PM »
Spend some proper fucking money.

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 05:47:10 PM »
If Lerner is reenergised as we keep being told, he needs to prove it this summer.  There's only so often we can dodge the drop. 

We'll be fine next season. Today's result is the exception to the rule since Sherwood's been in.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 05:50:43 PM »
I really do hope we are at the end of the line with our year on year struggles. Sick to death of it. Give me mid table nothingness for a year or two like Southampton or Spurs where the last 6-8 games might get us a bit higher but no danger at all of going down.

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 06:42:28 PM »
These types of struggles are not acceptable for Villa and I hope beyond hope we have ambitious new custodians in the wings ready re-energise the club and lift us right back up the table.  I think I've aged five years this season, Heaven knows what this is doing to Randy.

Offline aldridgeboy

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 07:10:37 PM »
Ok today was piss poor. But lets put today into relativity. If we win the same amount of games next season under Sherwood as we have under him thus far, we will be doing ok. That's before hes bought improvements etc. File today under " we were shit, forget it, move on"

And win the cup

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 07:24:42 PM »
Right 5 seasons of struggling to avoid relegation We the fans have had enough. Mr Fox, Mr Sherwood we need a plan to end this nightmare.

No more bargain basement signings. If we continue to spend around £9m per season we'll continue to struggle at the wrong end. I honestly think this is the end of our struggles though.
Onwards and upwards and all that.

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2015, 12:46:09 PM »
I think it should be said though that for £9 million, even though it's us lot who have suffered watching it, someone at the club seems to know what they're doing. A cup final and safety for £9 million?  Good effort really.

It begs the question though, would 2 or 3 more players have given us another 6 or 7 points? And if so so what. What's the difference between 9th and 15th anyway. Shitty old league isn't it really.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2015, 01:08:28 PM »

No more bargain basement signings. If we continue to spend around £9m per season we'll continue to struggle at the wrong end. I honestly think this is the end of our struggles though.
Onwards and upwards and all that.

Whilst I agree more investment is needed, Sherwood has shown how to get the most of the squad we had, which in fairness wasn't all that bad anyway.

Offline Boz

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2015, 02:09:03 PM »
The majority of posts on this thread are positive, despite the Thread title and are not the often usual despondent  pessimistic posts that to be honest were more often than not deserved.

TS has hopefully raised the optimism of fans that next season Villa will be on the up.

I hope that there is now truly a light at the end of a long dark tunnel.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2015, 02:30:09 PM »
We spent 9 million this season , most the time we were shit, yet we have reached a cup final.

We have actually got some bloody good players and I like Sherwood , so come on Randy , imagine what we could do if you give us 30/40million on the budget .

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2015, 08:07:54 PM »
The majority of posts on this thread are positive, despite the Thread title and are not the often usual despondent  pessimistic posts that to be honest were more often than not deserved.

TS has hopefully raised the optimism of fans that next season Villa will be on the up.

I hope that there is now truly a light at the end of a long dark tunnel.

Nope the thread title is anything but negative. Looking for a positive plan to get us out of the mire and becoming competitive. Whilst things have been good under Tim it feels a bit like the second half of Lambert's first season. At the time we all felt we had turned the corner but it was a false dawn. So we need a proper plan now to not repeat another season amongst the down and out!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal