collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Big Decisions For Villa In Summer, What's Priority ?  (Read 7883 times)

Offline mike

Re: Big Decisions For Villa In Summer, What's Priority ?
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 12:06:18 PM »
I'll wait until I know which division we'll be in before I can start picking the team.
Glad to see I'm not the only pessimist round here.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2015, 12:11:35 PM »
Benteke offered double wages and resigned. Cleverley and sinclair signed up. Vlaar resigned. The club sold to the correct people, I dont think Sherwood will be going anywhere regardless.

I think everything else is academic. periferal players will come and go, we may get 1 or 2 big name signings that will get into the first team which would be nice. If all of the above happens I would expect us to consolidate on what has turned out to be a half decent season and push on to re-establish ourselves in the top ten. for a couple of years before taking the next step

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2015, 12:44:30 PM »
I'm just excited to see what Sherwood can do with a transfer window and a full pre-season.  Back him to the hilt and let him decide the priorities.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2015, 12:47:01 PM »
To continue to be a team that looks to win games. Nothing else matters.

Offline leylandalbion

• GM : 06.05.2015
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2015, 12:56:33 PM »
Benteke offered double wages and resigned. Cleverley and sinclair signed up. Vlaar resigned. The club sold to the correct people, I dont think Sherwood will be going anywhere regardless.

I think everything else is academic. periferal players will come and go, we may get 1 or 2 big name signings that will get into the first team which would be nice. If all of the above happens I would expect us to consolidate on what has turned out to be a half decent season and push on to re-establish ourselves in the top ten. for a couple of years before taking the next step
I assume you mean re-signed  ;)

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2015, 01:01:53 PM »
Ideally I would like Lerner to recommit himself to the club and open a new war chest

Offline Kevin Dawson

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2015, 01:03:49 PM »
Oh and get a new shirt deal, this Macron stuff is wank

When does the deal expire?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2015, 01:12:48 PM »
My main concern is who owns the club.

If it's Randy, so be it. I'll be content.

If it's someone who has the money to buy us outright and comes in with a vision to take the club forward (and shitloads of cash for transfers) I'll be excited.

If it's some cowboy who wants to pay half now and leverage the club for the other half, has no money for players and wants to appoint Tony wanking Adams, I'll give up the hope which has returned over the last few months. Might not even bother renewing.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2015, 01:23:18 PM »
I'd be happy if Randy was still in charge if our finances are back to a point where we start investing properly as a PL club again. I get why he didn't these past few years following the MON fallout though it nearly crushed us. But he's a good owner because he has backed the club to immense sums of money and in an owner thats what we want. Doesn't matter to me whether he is at the club or not in a day to day basis. So first priority is certainty at the board level so the manager has certainty in terms of his support. Then we just need to buy more players who will play this way. Can't expect this level of energy from the players every week so Sherwood has to find better where needed and depth so when he does rotate there isn't a drop in form or application. Left back is a must, a forward, securing Cleverley and Sinclair and a CB because ours are like glass.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 01:29:52 PM by Toronto Villa »

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2015, 01:27:54 PM »

To win the FA cup for the second year in a row.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2015, 01:35:58 PM »
1. Randy keeps club
2. Fox stays as CEO
3. Clear statement and agreement between Fox and Sherwood on new Director of Football Ops role.
4. Benteke improved and extended deal ( ideally 3 yrs left after Euro 2016)
5. Cleverly signed
6. Sinclair signed
7. FFP compliant War chest agreed for summer squad building
8. Renew supplies of silver polish.
9. Agree priorities for season re League position, cups
10. Jet wash the North stand
11. Start planning for world domination

I think that about covers it.....Tom and Tim over to you.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2015, 01:46:05 PM »
I'm not going to worry about the boardroom, what happens with the ownership, etc shouldn't stop us focusing on what's important on the pitch.

On the pitch for me the most important thing right now is to get 2 players we're happy with in every position (and then an extra goalie, extra defender and extra attacker) and then sell or loan out most of the first team players who don't fit into that.

Keeping the players we want to keep is first priority, so new deals for Vlaar and Benteke along with a contract offer for Cleverley and a transfer offer for Sinclair.

If we do all that the key signings for me are then someone to compete with Delph for the left side of the diamond in midfield and another attacker to replace Weimann who I'd let go.  Left back I'd like to see Bennett have another go under a manager who can use him properly, I think there's a good player in there.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2015, 02:16:43 PM »
1. Randy keeps club
2. Fox stays as CEO
3. Clear statement and agreement between Fox and Sherwood on new Director of Football Ops role.
4. Benteke improved and extended deal ( ideally 3 yrs left after Euro 2016)
5. Cleverly signed
6. Sinclair signed
7. FFP compliant War chest agreed for summer squad building
8. Renew supplies of silver polish.
9. Agree priorities for season re League position, cups
10. Jet wash the North stand
11. Start planning for world domination

I think that about covers it.....Tom and Tim over to you.

Add parade the FA Cup and I agree with you.

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2015, 02:30:20 PM »
A few priorities for me.

Win the FA Cup

Start planning for a season where we don't flirt with relegation. The last few seasons have taken their toll! These plans need to include keeping Benteke, Sinclair & Cleverley and bringing in players who strengthen the squad and add competition for places.

Subject to contract expiry dates, I'd like to see a new kit supplier - we've never had Adidas so I'd like them and a new sponsor whose logo compliments the shirt.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2015, 02:47:28 PM »
I think the biggest issue really is what colour the away shorts are going to be.  Nothing else matters.

I take it the pressure washing of the North Stand slipped your mind?

Yeah, I've come to like it looking like a inner city tower block as you walk up Witton Lane.

Not a priority at the moment, but it could really do with redeveloping as it is beginning to look dated, especially on the outside.  Would love to see a development that enclosed the North, Trinity Road and Witton Lane stands.   
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 02:51:38 PM by tomd2103 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal