collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

Re: FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:10 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: #FinalWord  (Read 6959 times)

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
Re: #FinalWord
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2015, 01:10:55 PM »
My boys are primed, I mean really primed, because I primed them.  They're not only primed, they're honed, honed to a sharp razor edge.  We're not just going out there to win, we're going out there for glory.   We're going to yank them, tear them, and rip them.  We're going to roll them around and rip them apart!  Then we're going to slaughter them.  And after the slaughter is over, we're going to come back here and ring that victory bell. Just like we always wanted to.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2015, 06:15:35 PM »
Just had Ron Saunders on the blower. He simply said

"Do you want to bet against us?"

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2015, 06:42:32 PM »
We have queued for hours in the cold and rain to spend money we don't have on over priced tickets. We have stuck champagne in our weekend bag for Saturday night. We plan on taking over North London. We know we will struggle for a voice on Sunday.

And why?

Because we believe. You will hear it, you will see it.

Now you need to believe and deliver. You represent the finest footballing institution there ever was.

It is our time. It is our year. You have an opportunity we would all sell our house for.

So it is up to you. Are you interested in your bank balance? In sitting on a bench watching one rich team lose to another? Or do you want to play? To be part of something special that will go down in the annals of the most historic team in the world?

What you do today decides that. Do you want to be spoken about in 100 years time, long after you are dead and gone? Do you want generations of our enormous support to rally to you even if you did move on to another club at some point?

Do you want to make grown men cry with happiness?  Do you want to be responsible for a baby boom in Birmingham next February?

I don't know. But I do know this.  You carry a great weight but an enormous amount of goodwill into the task before you.

It won't be easy. We are clear underdogs. But we ARE all in this together. Will you stand toe to toe with me on the Frontline?

Will you perform in the manner the fans will to support you?

If you can, take a place on the team sheet and Co ntemplate what we would pay to change places.

This is us. This is what we do and where we should be year after year. Now is your time.

Write your name into folklore. Attain legend status. It is all on you now.  You will be given the full Ron Saunders 110% backing. Now you need to drive us into more.

It is ours for the taking if you brace yourselves to the jobs required of you.

Now walk onto the pitch, see what we believe and feed off it. This Cup is in your gift.

Gift it to us.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2015, 06:43:36 PM »
Inspirational.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2015, 06:48:53 PM »
We have queued for hours in the cold and rain to spend money we don't have on over priced tickets. We have stuck champagne in our weekend bag for Saturday night. We plan on taking over North London. We know we will struggle for a voice on Sunday.

And why?

Now you need to believe and deliver. You represent the finest footballing institution there ever was.

It is our time. It is our year. You have an opportunity we would all sell our house for.

So it is up to you. Are you interested in your bank balance? In sitting on a bench watching one rich team lose to another? Or do you want to play? To be part of something special that will go down in the annals of the most historic team in the world?

What you do today decides that. Do you want to be spoken about in 100 years time, long after you are dead and gone? Do you want generations of our enormous support to rally to you even if you did move on to another club at some point?

Do you want to make grown men cry with happiness?  Do you want to be responsible for a baby boom in Birmingham next February?

I don't know. But I do know this.  You carry a great weight but an enormous amount of goodwill into the task before you.

It won't be easy. We are clear underdogs. But we ARE all in this together. Will you stand toe to toe with me on the Frontline?

If you can, take a place on the team sheet and Co ntemplate what we would pay to change places.

This is us. This is what we do and where we should be year after year. Now is your time.

Write your name into folklore. Attain legend status. It is all on you now.  You will be given the full Ron Saunders 110% backing. Now you need to drive us into more.

Now walk onto the pitch, see what we believe and feed off it. This Cup is in your gift.

Gift it to us.

I can feel a lump in my throat...

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2015, 07:18:36 PM »

And why?

Gift it to us.

Bloody hell, I'm welling up here...

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2015, 07:33:21 PM »

And why?

Gift it to us.

That's just made me cry. Very emotional.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2015, 07:37:49 PM »
Mine was, "Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a hope, a desire, a dream, a vision."

I think CL gets it across better.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2015, 07:49:51 PM »
Mine's a bastardised quotation from 'Miss Congeniality'.
I think you're both ahead.

And I really like the others I've read on here.

If I was in the dressing room at Wembley getting ready to play the FACup Final I wouldn't want or need to take inspiration from anywhere other than these messages, my family and ultimately myself.

However, I'd probably listen to Tim. ;)

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2015, 08:05:36 PM »

And why?

Gift it to us.

Love it!

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2015, 08:12:49 PM »
Great stuff chelts!

Are you available at about 5.15 on 30th May?

Just wondered like.

:-)
UTV!

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2015, 08:24:22 PM »
If you PM me I am available for stirring words to put you in the mood before the game if you meet us at the designated pre match pub.

If I can cough that up 2 weeks in advance just wait until I am prepared and have had a couple of pints.

This IS our year. I can fucking feel it. They need to do their job, we need to do ours. But if we both do so....

Online eric woolban woolban

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2015, 09:17:19 PM »
Don't look back in anger.

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2015, 09:24:44 PM »
Keep Right On.

Offline exigo

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2015, 09:27:11 PM »
F*ck the Arsenal.