collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Goals from the Midfield  (Read 10353 times)

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Goals from the Midfield
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2015, 03:57:42 PM »
N'Zogbia has been pretty good, but he's kept up a few of his frustrating habits, such as running head-down into five defenders or letting the ball bobble off his shins and out of play. Nonetheless, he's been pretty good, and does an important job in the side (I've never seen him run so much in a Villa shirt before Sherwood came in!).

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2015, 03:59:06 PM »
I think Sinclair carries more of a goal threat than N'Zogbia, who nonetheless has been playing well of late.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2015, 10:28:13 PM »
Wind back to the quarter final and see who opens the game up for us.

The fact that we're having to go back that far to find him having an assist says something.  Yes, he has looked more interested over the past month than the rest of the three and a bit seasons he has been at the club, but I still think we could do with better if we are to improve.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2015, 10:35:15 PM »
He got an assist against QPR as well. A player can contribute a lot to a result as well and not get a direct assist. He played a role in the winner in the semi as an example.

Offline leylandalbion

• GM : 06.05.2015
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2015, 10:42:17 PM »
He is I granted somewhat frustrating but zog offers so much more than gabby. It also helps we have options so he is getting replaced after 70 mins meaning he can give his all. Sinclair is an option but more of a wide player. Give him credit he is playing well and he would be my starter at the moment. 

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2015, 11:05:16 PM »
He is I granted somewhat frustrating but zog offers so much more than gabby. It also helps we have options so he is getting replaced after 70 mins meaning he can give his all. Sinclair is an option but more of a wide player. Give him credit he is playing well and he would be my starter at the moment.

Oh I do give him credit and agree with your post (except that I think Sinclair could also play in a more central role).  My point was more with the future in mind, but as it stands I would also have Charles in the starting XI at the moment. 

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2015, 11:13:33 PM »
He got an assist against QPR as well. A player can contribute a lot to a result as well and not get a direct assist. He played a role in the winner in the semi as an example.

Sorry to nit pick, but he wasn't on the pitch for our first two goals against QPR and the third goal was a free kick by Benteke. 

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2015, 11:18:51 PM »

Sorry to nit pick, but he wasn't on the pitch for our first two goals against QPR and the third goal was a free kick by Benteke. 

Winning the freekick is classed as an assist, for Fantasy League purposes any way. So i'm claiming it for him.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2015, 11:26:07 PM »

Winning the freekick is classed as an assist, for Fantasy League purposes any way. So i'm claiming it for him.

Ah go on then! 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal