collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Small Rodent
[Today at 10:57:27 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:55:17 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:51:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Stu
[Today at 10:51:03 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Richard
[Today at 10:47:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:44:34 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 10:44:17 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 10:43:33 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Omens  (Read 6978 times)

Offline cdward

Re: Omens
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2015, 12:04:32 PM »
I have one of those paper day to day calendar desk top things at work, where each day is torn off, there is a saying of the day on the bottom of each one.
The saying for Saturday 30th May is "Everything ends well for the one who has patience".

Well that's it then, our 58 years wait for an FA Cup is a lot of patience, so it will all end well.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2015, 12:27:05 PM »
I have one of those paper day to day calendar desk top things at work, where each day is torn off, there is a saying of the day on the bottom of each one.
The saying for Saturday 30th May is "Everything ends well for the one who has patience".

Well that's it then, our 58 years wait for an FA Cup is a lot of patience, so it will all end well.

Unfortunately you've ruined it by not having the patience to wait to see what it says!

Anyway I've never seen us lose at Wembley in the flesh, and I'm coming.  Plus "I just know we will" © Paul Lambert

Offline leylandalbion

• GM : 06.05.2015
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2015, 12:35:14 PM »
I had paid £100 (non refundable) to enter my first triathlon in Hyde Park, couldn't swim a length back in January.  Been up religiously at 5:45 3 days a week to train.  Its on the 30th May. 

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2015, 12:43:21 PM »

Everything ends well for the one who has patience. Everything ends well. Well, by this you could assume that everything or 'all' ends well and so is a huge prize. But that prize is 'all' and as we are looking at the FA Cup that can only mean one thing. The FA. Fuck all. So who is the one who has patience? Somebody in a waiting room should have patience and patients who are patient are ready to see the doctor. So a doctor has patients. You have the right to be called a doctor if you have a research doctorate such as a PhD or a professional doctorate such as an MD. Professors usually, but not always, have doctorates. It is a title conferred by universities on people who have distinguished themselves in research and/or teaching. So who is the Professor? That would be Arsene Wenger. So Arsenal win fuck all. That'll do for me. Good omen.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2015, 01:11:30 PM »

Everything ends well for the one who has patience. Everything ends well. Well, by this you could assume that everything or 'all' ends well and so is a huge prize. But that prize is 'all' and as we are looking at the FA Cup that can only mean one thing. The FA. Fuck all. So who is the one who has patience? Somebody in a waiting room should have patience and patients who are patient are ready to see the doctor. So a doctor has patients. You have the right to be called a doctor if you have a research doctorate such as a PhD or a professional doctorate such as an MD. Professors usually, but not always, have doctorates. It is a title conferred by universities on people who have distinguished themselves in research and/or teaching. So who is the Professor? That would be Arsene Wenger. So Arsenal win fuck all. That'll do for me. Good omen.

Thank you Ted Rogers

Online Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2015, 04:34:38 PM »
On Cup Final Day I will be meeting my friends' band to watch the game then see them debuting their new album of self-penned skiffle tunes later that night.

No1 in the charts on Cup Final Day 1957 was Cumberland Gap by Lonnie Donegan.

Lonnie Donegan described them as "Bloody Good"

Source: http://www.skiffle.co.uk/

People who know of the band Punks not Dad will know the lead singer and bassist.

Offline Cleybrooke

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2015, 08:10:39 AM »
So a large ww2 bomb being found at Wembley this morning must be an oman. Didn't we stand up to those nazi's and refuse to salute?

Better still - isn't that arsenal found buried at Wembley?

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2015, 09:43:39 AM »
On Cup Final Day I will be meeting my friends' band to watch the game then see them debuting their new album of self-penned skiffle tunes later that night.

No1 in the charts on Cup Final Day 1957 was Cumberland Gap by Lonnie Donegan.

Lonnie Donegan described them as "Bloody Good"

Source: http://www.skiffle.co.uk/

People who know of the band Punks not Dad will know the lead singer and bassist.

If its good enough for Lonnie, then its good enough for me.

Don't you rock me, Daddio.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2015, 09:47:03 AM »
just found out that the lad I was sat next to at the semi-final is only one seat away for the final !

UTV
The Doc

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2015, 12:26:16 PM »
Today was the last day I could transfer the cash to pay for our coach to Wembley.

I've just transferred the money at the branch nearest to where I'm working today in FALKIRK!

Never been here before in my life.

They're advertising tickets from £5 / £25 😮

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2015, 02:12:38 PM »
every year something significant happens at Villa coincides with key moments in my life

1977 - I am born and Villa win the League Cup
1981 - we move down sarf and Villa win the League
1982 - European cup winners and my sister was born
1987 - we move to Flitwick, worst year of my life.... and Villa relegated.
1989 - we move to Milton Keynes, favourite place I've lived and Villa begin a decent season eventually finishing 2nd
1994 - I do my GCSES and Villa win the cup
1996 - I do my A- Levels and Villa win the cup.
2006 - O'Neill joins instantly lifting the cup - and I meet my missus
2010 - Villa reach Wembley twice and I get married.
2015 - Looks like I am going to be a father to be....... perhaps... and Villa are possible FA Cup winners.... perhaps......

Offline thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2015, 08:28:26 AM »
Visited Woburn Abbey today. The Duke's son plays for a team in claret and blue and over one of the fireplaces there is a mosaic panel with the motto "Che Sara Sara"

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022

Offline tom jennings III

• GM : 30.04.2015
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2015, 11:41:00 AM »
The Malaysian FA Cup was played earlier this week, won by the underdogs 3-1. That teams name I hear you cry? The Lions! Oh yes.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal