collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fenners and Merse ask Darren Bent some quick-fire questions about managers  (Read 3449 times)

Offline supertom

Another element in all this is whether we're in Europa. Bent and Kozak leading the line would provide goals at that level, with the option of bringing Tekkers for the bigger games. And I would hope we'd have another cup run too.
For me Weimann is at a point where he needs to move on. Keeping Benteke is essential (if not, the right replacement is a must). I do think Bent would score goals for Sherwood's Villa. And I think he'd be motivated to put a shift in too.
But at his age is he happy to accept a one year extension? Or perhaps a 2 year on significantly reduced terms? I dunno. He's a QPR type signing should Austin leave. Clubs will offer him 2-3 year deals I think.

Robinson will hopefully get his chance too. Benteke, Gabby, Robinson, Kozak and Bent would be enough to cope with League, Europe and Cups. Should we fail to win the FA Cup (unlikely I know lads) then we may well have enough, though possibly one young signing could be beneficial.

Much depends on budget. It'd be nice to get someone closer to Tekker's level up around our striking areas to help the big man but we've got more pressing areas to fill first. So keeping on Vlaar and Bent may be worthwhile for another year.

For Benty himself though I think there will be clubs offering him a regular starting spot so it's very unlikely, and good luck to him to. Always talks highly of the club and I think as much as anyone he's disappointed it hasn't quite worked out recently.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal