collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fenners and Merse ask Darren Bent some quick-fire questions about managers  (Read 3450 times)

Offline Londonvilla

Fenners and Merse ask Darren Bent some quick-fire questions about managers that he played for during his football career

https://youtu.be/SRvDdtwqMVo

Plus if you have the time watch

The Fantasy Football Club guest Darren Bent picks the best XI that he has ever played against

https://youtu.be/I9PsSWcfbL0

Darren Bent open to Aston Villa return or remaining with Derby
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/21901/9842294/darren-bent-open-to-aston-villa-return-or-remaining-with-derby

Top Man ...Could Tim get the best out of him or should we spend money on someone else?....Keeping him on a lower wage mean that we can spend big on fullbacks.

Offline supertom

If we keep Benteke we won't necessarily need another forward so giving Bent a one year deal (if he accepts) might be worth doing. We would create for him so he would actually score goals I think. I honestly think he'd have a field day playing with Grealish. But he would have to be very fit and sharp by August.

Offline timeoutbigbar

I think I'd let him go to be honest.  If its only a back up striker then I'd prefer someone younger with a bit more of an all round game, who's prepared to work hard and a realistic chance to improve rather than someone whose legs are shot and is looking for one last pay day.  Did a great job for us for a few seasons and arguably his goals kept us up, but that player is gone.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
I wouldn't be totally against him getting another deal but there's also Kozak to come back.

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
Time for him to go. He's finished at PL level.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
Time for him to go. He's finished at PL level.

Tell that to Tim Sherwood!

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Sherwood has performed a few miracles on a few players, but getting Bent back to top-level performances would be like the resurrection of Lazarus. We have a younger team based around pressing and contributions from everybody on-and-off the ball, and we don't need a player who floats around aimlessly like a bag in the wind contributing nothing until the ball bobbles in off his bum once every three years.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
I don't see the point in keeping him. He needs a particular set-up to get the best out of him, with lots of pace and playing off the last man. We're set up to play to Benteke's strengths, not Bent's, which is more popped up crosses and the like.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
Sherwood has performed a few miracles on a few players, but getting Bent back to top-level performances would be like the resurrection of Lazarus. We have a younger team based around pressing and contributions from everybody on-and-off the ball, and we don't need a player who floats around aimlessly like a bag in the wind contributing nothing until the ball bobbles in off his bum once every three years.

Surely Tim's not looking at Mark Lazarus. Hes 76 for gods sake

Offline citizenDJ

• GM : 28.05.2020
Merse I know, of course, but who is Fenners?

Edit: Just Googled him. He's just some bloke off of the telly (Soccer AM).
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 02:40:03 PM by citizenDJ »

Offline Chico Hamilton III

He's the northern Tim Lovejoy

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024

I can't think of a bigger insult to throw at anyone.

He's the northern/Scottish/Welsh/Irish Tom Lovejoy. = He's an absolute f&%king c#@t that desrves nothing less than a good twatting with your choice of baseball bat, cricket bat, mace or hot poker.

You may have noticed I don't really rate Tim Lovejoy - the self important cock socket.

Offline dcdavecollett

I'd rather see Callum Robinson than Bent.

Offline edgysatsuma89

I can't think of a bigger insult to throw at anyone.

He's the northern/Scottish/Welsh/Irish Tom Lovejoy. = He's an absolute f&%king c#@t that desrves nothing less than a good twatting with your choice of baseball bat, cricket bat, mace or hot poker.

You may have noticed I don't really rate Tim Lovejoy - the self important cock socket.

Yeah but VID he's a chef and everything now it's totally amazeballs.

He and that bald scouse bloke are two of the worst presenters i have ever seen.

On Bent. No thank you.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
It's all about appetite and desire. Bent showed he had plenty of appetite in his last spell with us unfortunately it wasn't the right kind of appetite as he did his best Mickey Quinn impression. That said, we play with wingers, we put in crosses and we create chances. For the right wage not the worst person to have off the bench though I would much sooner we see one of the kids given a go, which is what I think will happen anyway.

For Bent though if he actually wants to play surely he'd be better served playing for a Championship club needing a goal scorer than being on the bench in the PL, though being a part of the PL has its own appeal.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal