collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bosnich in trouble  (Read 5140 times)

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
Re: Bosnich in trouble
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2015, 01:13:55 PM »
The road tax argument really gets my goat. Not just for reasons given above, about CO2 emmissions, which are convincing enough. But also because I, and presumably many other cyclists, both cycle and own a car. So I do pay road tax (or vehicle excise duty)!
Some just want to use any stick to have a pop at cyclists because some may slow them down a minute or two.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2015, 07:00:26 AM »
I'd like to think of myself as a reasonably responsible driver and i always give room to cyclists. I'll be honest and say my awareness of cyclists has been enhanced because of GBs greater success in the Velodrome and on the road. Living in South Manchester as well means you see quite a lot of TeamGB cyclists out and about on training rides and don't want to hamper the medal count!!!

Offline junxs

• http://www.avfc.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2015, 11:42:52 AM »
Calm down girls, my comment was tongue in cheek!
I'm a cyclist myself as well as a motorcyclist and car driver.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2015, 12:17:38 PM »
I had a very strange dream last night where I was playing football in a game where Bossie was our goalie. He came out to clear a through ball and the oncoming meathead striker for the oppo went straight through him and left him with a compound fracture of his right shin.

Very strange dream. Any analysis of said dream very welcome!

Offline peter w

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2015, 12:32:36 PM »
If you cycle in London you have to have a death wish and/or be clinically insane.

My missus used to cycle the couple of miles to work in Canary Wharf every day. Cycle lanes all the way, through the Greenwich Foot Tunnel under the Thames, lovely journey. That was until last year when a fella riding along side her - literally a couple of feet away in the cycle lane - was hit by a car ( who's driver fucked off) and was killed pretty much instantly. He was one of 15 cyclists killed in London that year.
I think there's one pretty infamous roundabout in London where cyclists are dropping like flies. Can't recall which, but I think it's due to be redeveloped to be more cyclist friendly.

Elephant and Castle

sorry, long link

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/revealed-londons-10-most-dangerous-junctions-for-cyclists--as-transport-chiefs-underspend-50m-road-safety-budget-10068389.html

I don't even like driving at that rounadbout never mind cycling. Its bloody horrible.

Offline danno

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2015, 01:08:22 AM »
I had a very strange dream last night where I was playing football in a game where Bossie was our goalie. He came out to clear a through ball and the oncoming meathead striker for the oppo went straight through him and left him with a compound fracture of his right shin.

Very strange dream. Any analysis of said dream very welcome!

You feel Bosnich leaving Villa Park when he did, was a rash decision. (him coming out to clear the through ball).
It also explains why you were both playing on the same team.

Your love of all things Bozzie, means your deep subconscious has given him an antagonist...
The ex Rangers forward Alex Ferguson! a dirty player by all accounts whose nickname (I think) was "elbows".
The dirty forward going straight through Bosnich and injuring him, is a metaphor for Ferguson replacing him as GK at United very quickly, and his career never really recovering.

Therefore you blame both Bosnich and Ferguson for his career fizzling out.

(I am not a psychologist).  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal