collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bosnich in trouble  (Read 5139 times)

Offline TimTheVillain

Re: Bosnich in trouble
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2015, 06:10:32 PM »
Honestly I'm with Bossie on this one. It's also why I don't drive because I'd probably end up with about 100 cyclist induced dents on my fucking car.

Me too, and I always liked Bozzie, wig and all !

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2015, 08:30:23 PM »
Sounds like his cycling skills are as dodgy as his kicking was.

Offline junxs

• http://www.avfc.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2015, 02:23:47 AM »
Cyclists belong on the footpath, if they want to ride on roads they should pay road tax like motorcyclists have to

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2015, 04:37:35 AM »
Cyclist belong on the roads paying taxes and observing the laws like every other road user has to. The clue to the purpose of footpaths is in the name.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2015, 06:21:23 AM »
(1) There is no such thing as Road Tax. Vehicle Excise Duty on the other hand is charged based on emissions and therefore bicycles - like some cars - are quite rightly zero rated.

(2) Surveys suggest that on average regular cyclists tend to be higher earners and therefore contribute more in general taxation.  That tax is what pays for the infrastructure we all use, including the roads and the, still woefully inadequate and poorly maintained, cycle lanes. 

(3) All road users should obey the law. There are some cyclists that don't and they should be dealt with. However,  as someone who cycles socially I would suggest that there are many drivers who show scarily little regard or consideration to cyclists.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 06:29:18 AM by TopDeck113 »

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2015, 06:29:32 AM »
Tell that to an old lady customer of mine who was hit on the pavement by an illegal cyclist and sustained a broken wrist and two broken ribs.   Or the cyclist who was hit by another cyclist jumping a red light and who is still in hospital ten months later.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2015, 08:13:31 AM »
As I say, if ANY road user breaks the law then they should be dealt with.  Cyclists should not use the pavements for the very example you cite and there are people on bikes who behave as idiots, just as there are those who do likewise when they get behind the wheel. However the fact remains that, other when we're cheering on Team GB in the Olympic velodrome,  as a nation of drivers we're pretty intolerant/ignorant of cyclists and in the ensuing RTAs the death or injury is usually sustained by the person on two wheels. 

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2015, 09:58:53 AM »
Cyclists belong on the footpath, if they want to ride on roads they should pay road tax like motorcyclists have to
Idiotic on both parts. There are cars and motorcycles which are zero rate.  We don't pollute or create the same wear to road surface, and as others have said 'road tax' doesn't pay for roads as its part of national and local infrastructure so gets a fair share of government funding. So if that's the case, how much should us cyclists be charged? I bet many cyclists also contribute to 'road tax' through car ownership.  As for riding on pavements...... utterly ridiculous.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2015, 10:27:29 AM »
Honestly I'm with Bossie on this one. It's also why I don't drive because I'd probably end up with about 100 cyclist induced dents on my fucking car.
Why?  All guidelines recommend ridding at least 3 foot from the kerb in the UK at least.  Riding in the centre of a lane is often the safest position for a cyclist to take. Granted the cyclist in this case was a bellend for damaging the car.
I don't mind cyclists when they behave, but some seem to have this arrogant attitude that somehow they're encased in a 2 tonne shell to protect them, and that they can get away with things like chucking something at a car. A few just need to be a bit more careful. There's a cycle lane near where I live. It cost a couple of million to put in between two towns, and some of the full on cyclists (all the gear, and the top of the line bikes) think they're too good to use it.
Those are the kinds that would end up spawled on top of my car like a bear on a Texans truck. 
To be honest I think any middle aged man out and about in lycra is probably a maniac.
wankers

Offline supertom

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2015, 11:01:21 AM »
If you cycle in London you have to have a death wish and/or be clinically insane.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2015, 11:38:38 AM »
If you cycle in London you have to have a death wish and/or be clinically insane.

My missus used to cycle the couple of miles to work in Canary Wharf every day. Cycle lanes all the way, through the Greenwich Foot Tunnel under the Thames, lovely journey. That was until last year when a fella riding along side her - literally a couple of feet away in the cycle lane - was hit by a car ( who's driver fucked off) and was killed pretty much instantly. He was one of 15 cyclists killed in London that year.

Offline supertom

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2015, 12:23:05 PM »

My missus used to cycle the couple of miles to work in Canary Wharf every day. Cycle lanes all the way, through the Greenwich Foot Tunnel under the Thames, lovely journey. That was until last year when a fella riding along side her - literally a couple of feet away in the cycle lane - was hit by a car ( who's driver fucked off) and was killed pretty much instantly. He was one of 15 cyclists killed in London that year.
I think there's one pretty infamous roundabout in London where cyclists are dropping like flies. Can't recall which, but I think it's due to be redeveloped to be more cyclist friendly.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2015, 12:27:11 PM »

I think there's one pretty infamous roundabout in London where cyclists are dropping like flies. Can't recall which, but I think it's due to be redeveloped to be more cyclist friendly.

Elephant and Castle

sorry, long link

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/revealed-londons-10-most-dangerous-junctions-for-cyclists--as-transport-chiefs-underspend-50m-road-safety-budget-10068389.html

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2015, 12:29:08 PM »

Bow Roundabout in East London. It is a death trap. However, the last person killed there had jumped a red light.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/dont-jump-red-lights-coroner-warns-cyclists-at-bow-roundabout-lorry-death-inquest-9250220.html

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2015, 12:30:49 PM »
The road tax argument really gets my goat. Not just for reasons given above, about CO2 emmissions, which are convincing enough. But also because I, and presumably many other cyclists, both cycle and own a car. So I do pay road tax (or vehicle excise duty)!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal