collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bosnich in trouble  (Read 5141 times)

Offline Diablo

Bosnich in trouble
« on: April 28, 2015, 10:45:47 AM »
Bosnich pleads guilty to reckless driving...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32492827

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Re: Bosnich in trouble
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 10:55:29 AM »
Makes a change - usually when an ex players cocks up its "VILLA PLAYER"

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 10:56:04 AM »
Makes a change - usually when an ex players cocks up its "VILLA PLAYER"

Only in the Mercury.

Offline supertom

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 10:57:38 AM »
Honestly I'm with Bossie on this one. It's also why I don't drive because I'd probably end up with about 100 cyclist induced dents on my fucking car.

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 11:04:26 AM »
Might have been provoked but that's a straight red

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 11:22:28 AM »
Honestly I'm with Bossie on this one. It's also why I don't drive because I'd probably end up with about 100 cyclist induced dents on my fucking car.
Why?  All guidelines recommend ridding at least 3 foot from the kerb in the UK at least.  Riding in the centre of a lane is often the safest position for a cyclist to take. Granted the cyclist in this case was a bellend for damaging the car.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 11:53:29 AM »
Saw three cyclists in three separate incidents ride into cars outside my shop window yesterday alone. Cycle damage to cars is so commonplace in Cambridge the drivers as often ad not don't even get out of their cars to examine it. Bikes rule in this part of the world.

Offline supertom

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 12:27:06 PM »
Why?  All guidelines recommend ridding at least 3 foot from the kerb in the UK at least.  Riding in the centre of a lane is often the safest position for a cyclist to take. Granted the cyclist in this case was a bellend for damaging the car.
I don't mind cyclists when they behave, but some seem to have this arrogant attitude that somehow they're encased in a 2 tonne shell to protect them, and that they can get away with things like chucking something at a car. A few just need to be a bit more careful. There's a cycle lane near where I live. It cost a couple of million to put in between two towns, and some of the full on cyclists (all the gear, and the top of the line bikes) think they're too good to use it.
Those are the kinds that would end up spawled on top of my car like a bear on a Texans truck. 
To be honest I think any middle aged man out and about in lycra is probably a maniac.

Offline McGraths Dry Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 12:43:27 PM »
I don't mind cyclists when they behave, but some seem to have this arrogant attitude that somehow they're encased in a 2 tonne shell to protect them, and that they can get away with things like chucking something at a car. A few just need to be a bit more careful. There's a cycle lane near where I live. It cost a couple of million to put in between two towns, and some of the full on cyclists (all the gear, and the top of the line bikes) think they're too good to use it.
Those are the kinds that would end up spawled on top of my car like a bear on a Texans truck. 
To be honest I think any middle aged man out and about in lycra is probably a maniac.
Ah - the lesser spotted MAMIL (middle aged man in lycra).

To be fair I'm a keen off road biker but i keep my padded lyycra shorts (and i need padded - the bloke from the 80's yellow pages ads was right about those saddles) safely hidden beneath a pair of overshorts.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 12:52:08 PM »
Most cycle lanes are inadequate and poorly designed. The ones I could use to commute are full of debris, pot holes, branches, drains, broken glass and branches, another has lampposts and road signs imbedded in it and is also used by pedestrians who ignore all the signage.  That's Why I never bother with them.  Like I said, riding in the centre of the lane is often the safest place to ride. Cars cant overtake at junctions, roundabouts, bends or when passing parked cars preventing them putting the cyclist in more danger. As for cyclist throwing things at cars, they're just prats.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 01:05:19 PM »
My mate - a keen cyclist - has recently moved to Oz and he reckons that the car/bike debate is even more entrenched down there.
There are enough dicks (on both sides) here so I dread to think what it is like there.

itbrvilla is right about the middle of the road thing, it worries me that this is not common knowledge.  I also think that the relative cost of getting some youtube videos made to highlight things such as this would help all parties.

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2015, 01:16:49 PM »
Just because riding in the middle of the road is, broadly speaking, the safest option doesn't make it acceptable on all occasions. Roads are built for all users, not just us cyclists. If all of the traffic has to travel at the same speed as the slowest cyclist then the world would come to a standstill. People have things to do and legitimate reasons to be in motorcars that can reach the designated speed limits.

Cyclists are often (not always) oblivious to their surroundings. My view is that many of us could do with some formal training on how to behave on the roads. I'd even go so far as make a test, a licence and insurance compulsory. There will be times when it is right to be in the middle of the road and times when it is perfectly safe to stay left and let faster moving traffic past.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2015, 01:23:52 PM »
Whatever about the rights and wrongs of cycling, Bozzy is one of life's greatest ar$eholes

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2015, 01:56:34 PM »
Did he also plead guilty to wrecklessly wrecking a potentially wonderful career??.....

Offline supertom

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2015, 02:26:18 PM »
Did he also plead guilty to wrecklessly wrecking a potentially wonderful career??.....
It was going well with us. What he did after I couldn't care less about really. His fault for going to Utd and then Chelsea.

Lesson to our best players...DON'T LEAVE!!
Well...I'm hoping Benteke heeds this for the time being.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal