collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer 2015 - Transfer Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions  (Read 1026341 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Summer 2015 - Transfer Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions
« Reply #915 on: May 29, 2015, 08:19:28 PM »
If it's ok with everyone I'll keep Kate company before rejoining the celebrations of such a wonderful union of men.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #916 on: May 29, 2015, 08:25:46 PM »
Now TV, I thought you were already in love with Sherwood? *winky thing*

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #917 on: May 29, 2015, 08:30:30 PM »
Now TV, I thought you were already in love with Sherwood? *winky thing*

Are you asking me to pick between Kate and Tim? As a tough a choice as that is Monty, I do like me a bit of Kate :)

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #918 on: May 29, 2015, 08:31:54 PM »
I know he's obviously got plenty on right now, but once the cup is won and TS gets the fully deserved plaudits for a few days, I hope he then moves in on his key targets (Cleverly included) before any Benteke to be sold stories gather too much momentum so we get value and not held to ransom by clubs knowing we have £40m burning a hole.
Better still, get key targets signed and the big fella on an extended deal !!
This is good!

Online Duncan Shaw

« Reply #919 on: May 29, 2015, 08:34:16 PM »
I think he'll stay when we win.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #920 on: May 29, 2015, 08:36:21 PM »
Well, I appreciate that you've made a difficult choice there TV...

...which, smoothly segueing back on topic, is exactly what Sherwood will have to do this summer, especially there's Benteke money. Do we splurge on trying to replace him or go for a more all-round strengthening approach? If we decide to replace him, do we get another big man or a different kind of forward to tweak the style of play, with Kozak on hand to provide the muscle should we need it? These are difficult questions, and I honestly have no idea how Tim will do - there's no precedent for us to look at with him.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #921 on: May 29, 2015, 10:46:06 PM »
I like that Sky news banner is reporting on Benteke's buy out clause and nothing on the cup final......trying to make a story as they don't have the F.A. cup.

That's because we are not playing in the FA Cup final, Arsenal are. We're there to make up the numbers in some areas of the media. No problem, I hope we don't ruin things when we win it. We'll just sneak out the back with the trophy so we don't bother people too much.

Like fuck we will. We'll invade the Wembley pitch (bringing the game into disrepute, of course), Prince William being crowdsurfed with the Cup, which he'll hands to Tim who'll proceed to spray-paint the letters 'A V' on it in claret and blue.

I have to say I am interested to see when we do score and when we do win if the Prince can retain control of his emotions. Because the rest of us won't. I want him to go mental and then kiss Fabian's sweaty head as he hands him the trophy!
I think that Sky just want to have a juicy transfer 'story' to run over a quiet sporting summer.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #922 on: May 29, 2015, 10:52:47 PM »
Well, I appreciate that you've made a difficult choice there TV...

...which, smoothly segueing back on topic, is exactly what Sherwood will have to do this summer, especially there's Benteke money. Do we splurge on trying to replace him or go for a more all-round strengthening approach? If we decide to replace him, do we get another big man or a different kind of forward to tweak the style of play, with Kozak on hand to provide the muscle should we need it? These are difficult questions, and I honestly have no idea how Tim will do - there's no precedent for us to look at with him.

There's only Benteke money if/when we sell him. On the second point, we need to have more ways of opening teams up than getting the ball wide and crossing for a big man to get on the end of, regardless of what happens with him.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #923 on: May 29, 2015, 11:15:14 PM »
I like that Sky news banner is reporting on Benteke's buy out clause and nothing on the cup final......trying to make a story as they don't have the F.A. cup.

That's because we are not playing in the FA Cup final, Arsenal are. We're there to make up the numbers in some areas of the media. No problem, I hope we don't ruin things when we win it. We'll just sneak out the back with the trophy so we don't bother people too much.

Like fuck we will. We'll invade the Wembley pitch (bringing the game into disrepute, of course), Prince William being crowdsurfed with the Cup, which he'll hands to Tim who'll proceed to spray-paint the letters 'A V' on it in claret and blue.

I have to say I am interested to see when we do score and when we do win if the Prince can retain control of his emotions. Because the rest of us won't. I want him to go mental and then kiss Fabian's sweaty head as he hands him the trophy!
I think that Sky just want to have a juicy transfer 'story' to run over a quiet sporting summer.

To SKY Aston Villa = Christian Benteke and the only interest they have in him is which one of their favourite teams will buy him.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #924 on: May 30, 2015, 07:58:02 PM »
Ok Tim, over to you. Feel free to be ruthless. We finish 4th bottom because that's how good our players are. Rip it up and  start again.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #925 on: May 30, 2015, 07:59:53 PM »
Given that Benteke will probably go, I'd keep Clark, Baker, Grealish and Okore and wouldn't give a flying fig if the rest of them departed.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #926 on: May 30, 2015, 08:02:57 PM »
Massive summer ahead.

Downer of a cup final performance and we lose Vlaar, Benteke and Cleverley all in one go....

We've barely avoided relegation in last three years, we really can't afford to plug those gaps with lower league replacements imo,

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #927 on: May 30, 2015, 08:03:32 PM »
Given that Benteke will probably go, I'd keep Clark, Baker, Grealish and Okore and wouldn't give a flying fig if the rest of them departed.
He wasn't at his best today but we wouldn't have been at Wembley today without Delph.

Or in the Premier League anymore.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #928 on: May 30, 2015, 08:05:02 PM »
He wasn't at his best today but we wouldn't have been at Wembley today without Delph.

Or in the Premier League anymore.

Oh yes, and Delph, sorry, knew I'd forget someone, I am just mentally exhausted

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #929 on: May 30, 2015, 08:11:32 PM »
When we play only one way to Benteke I wonder if selling him forces us to play another way? Do we take the £35m or whatever it is or will Sherwood realize that crossing to Benteke exclusively is such a limited strategy?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal