collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Bad English
[Today at 03:19:14 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:08:36 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:04:08 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeB
[Today at 02:54:38 PM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 02:33:46 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by chrisw1
[Today at 02:25:44 PM]

Diego Carlos by Demitri_C
[Today at 02:25:16 PM]

Pre-season 2024/25 by Somniloquism
[Today at 01:40:42 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer 2015 - Transfer Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions  (Read 1026889 times)

Offline adrenachrome

Summer 2015 - Transfer Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions
« on: April 27, 2015, 05:14:47 PM »
Isa ‏@issassin 21m21 minutes ago

L'Equipe: Bakary Sako is in advanced talks with Aston Villa. He has recently declined offers from the Middle East.

Sako vers Aston Villa

Offline LukeJames

Re: Summer 2015 - Transfer Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 05:17:37 PM »
I'm not convinced by Sako, my Wolves mates love him but he was gash for Fulham in the premier league, I think he's at his level with Wolves.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 05:21:49 PM »
He blows hot and cold. A poor-mans Dalian Atkinson if you must. Moments of brilliance then totally frustrating, according to my Wolves supporting HT.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 05:49:01 PM »
Seems this is more appropriate than forming part of the Man City post-match thread.

For what it's worth, I can't imagine too many new players will be commiting themselves to us until we know for sure which division we're playing in.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 05:57:33 PM »
I'm not convinced by Sako, my Wolves mates love him but he was gash for Fulham in the premier league, I think he's at his level with Wolves.

When did he play for Fulham then?

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 06:00:19 PM »
So according to Wikipedia he never played for Fulham, I have no idea who I'm thinking of then.

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 06:04:34 PM »
I heard Benteke is joining Liverpool/Man City/Chelsea/PSG/Real Madrid/etc etc etc.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 06:16:06 PM »
Yep he's off for as much as £25m too, Bony/Lukaku all cost more yet they think that'll do it ::)

I can see a big offer coming for him though probably from Manure to replace injury prone rvp.

Online Dave

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 06:19:31 PM »
Somebody I reckon is nailed on is Tom Carroll - on loan at Swansea, a year left on his Spurs contract and described by Sherwood variously while he was there as "the missing piece in Tottenham's midfield" "good enough to play for Barcelona" and "the player to replace Luka Modric".

Apparently Swansea were quoted £5m in January, so you'd think him to come in for £3-4m, particularly if we don't sign Cleverley.

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 06:47:34 PM »
Aston Villa ‘leading race to secure free transfer of Manchester City star Micah Richards’

http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/26/aston-villa-leading-race-to-secure-free-transfer-of-manchester-city-star-micah-richards-5167463/

Aston Villa are leading the race to secure the free transfer of Manchester City’s Micah Richards when his contract expires in June – but face a major battle with four other Premier League sides.

The Villans are keen to bolster their squad next season as they look to grow under Tim Sherwood and have identified Richards as one of their top targets, according to London 24.

The England international, 26, has been loaned out to Fiorentina this season but Everton, Stoke, West Ham and Southampton are all eyeing a move for him.

Villa are the favourites to land him but they know they will have to move soon if they are to secure a deal.

Yes please ;D

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 06:50:24 PM »
Arsenal set to miss out on Tom Cleverley free transfer as Aston Villa line up move

http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/25/arsenal-set-to-miss-out-on-tom-cleverley-free-transfer-as-aston-villa-line-up-move-5166822/

Arsenal are reportedly set to miss out on the free transfer of Tom Cleverley after Tim Sherwood announced his intention to seal a deal for the England international.

Arsene Wenger was thought to have been looking at a deal for the midfielder but the Villa boss has outlined his plans to keep him at Villa Park.

‘I’ve been pleased with Tom, I really like him and like what he adds to the side. He adds a lot of energy, gets back round goalside, links the ball very well,’ Sherwood told Sky Sports.

‘He Is certainly one of the names I put on the team-sheet straight away. We’re certainly interested in talking to Tom, when the time is right.

‘I think there is a good chance we will try and do a deal if it’s right for both parties.’

He may not stay with us but he is not going to the ass

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 06:50:30 PM »
Local lad, was the next big thing a few years back, still a good player, I'd take him.

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2015, 06:54:37 PM »
Scott Sinclair wants permanent Aston Villa transfer from Manchester City

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/21/scott-sinclair-permanent-aston-villa-transfer-manchester-city

Scott Sinclair is ready to sign a permanent deal at Aston Villa. The Manchester City loanee wants to stay after his deal expires at the end of the season.

Sinclair joined Villa in January and has scored three goals in 10 games, including two in three matches during their run to the FA Cup final.

The 26-year-old played as a late substitute in Sunday’s 2-1 semi-final win over Liverpool to set up a meeting with Arsenal in the final.

Sinclair, who has yet to hold talks over his future, said. “I feel at home at Villa, it’s a great club. I’m sure at the end of the season we can sit down and I can sign.”

Sinclair is ineligible for Saturday’s trip to parent club City for whom he has started only three times since moving from Swansea in 2012.

He has become a key part of Villa’s midfield with Fabian Delph and believes the captain is becoming one of the Premier League’s most influential players.

Sinclair said: “I think when you are playing every week you go into a place where you get more confident and that’s what he’s done.

“He’s stayed here, signed a new contract and this is his home. He is performing every week and every week he is improving.”

Right price, right player Yes ;D

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 06:58:09 PM »
Aston Villa to make move for Jake Livermore - if Hull suffer relegation

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-make-move-jake-5569830

Tim Sherwood will move for Hull’s Jake Livermore if the Tigers are relegated.

Villa boss Sherwood is a big fan of former Spurs midfielder Livermore, who has one England cap from 2012.

Former Tottenham development manager Sherwood helped bring through Livermore, 25, at White Hart Lane.

Livermore has since enhanced his reputation at Hull who signed him permanently for £8million last summer after a successful season loan from Spurs

Please stay up Hull, dont want him  :(
Are we going to be linked to all ex spur players

Online Dave

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2015, 07:00:45 PM »
Richards, Cleverley and Sinclair for a total of around £3m combined would be pretty impressive business.

As the Richards stuff is quoteless and in the Metro I'll assume it's nonsense though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal