collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leave me alone  (Read 11007 times)

Offline adrenachrome

Re: Leave me alone
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2015, 04:18:30 PM »
Turn it round - if the tickets were all auctioned what would you pay?

You mean how much would I pay for a night with Kate?

Or to put it another way, which would you prefer - a day at Wembley or a night with Kate.

I'm going to have to give this some serious thought.

It's a vexatious conundrum, and no mistake.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2015, 04:25:29 PM »
I have had plenty of requests. And I don't know how big an offer it would take to part with my ticket but it would have to be substantial.

I can't think of any amount of money which would be enough. It would have to be an offer to build a new children's hospital or something like that. And even then I would probably refuse.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2015, 04:27:13 PM »
I have had plenty of requests. And I don't know how big an offer it would take to part with my ticket but it would have to be substantial.

I can't think of any amount of money which would be enough. It would have to be an offer to build a new children's hospital or something like that. And even then I would probably refuse.

You've just practically murdered a load of poorly children. Up the Villa!

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2015, 04:27:15 PM »
I'd sell  my ticket for the price it costs to buy Arsenal.  Then I'd sack the manager, put Joey Essex in charge and sign the Blues team.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2015, 04:31:20 PM »

You've just practically murdered a load of poorly children. Up the Villa!

Mwhahahahaha, maniacal laugh...

Offline stuart445

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2015, 04:32:47 PM »
Not worthy of a thread on it's own so this one will do.  As demand for tickets will be high.  How much would it take for you to depart with yours?

£1,000, £2,000 £5,000, upwards or, no amount of money but a night with Kate Beckinsale might do the trick.

You could off me a night each with Rihanna, Beyoncé, Nicole Scherzinger, Cheryl Cole and Ashley Roberts and the answer would still be NO.

Offline mrastonvilla

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2015, 04:33:19 PM »
Its possible that my dad will miss out on the cup final as like others he gave up his season ticket at the end of last season. He's in his mid-sixties and our appearance in FA Cup finals isn't exactly a regular occurrence. Should I give him my ticket for the final?

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2015, 04:34:31 PM »
Not worthy of a thread on it's own so this one will do.  As demand for tickets will be high.  How much would it take for you to depart with yours?

£1,000, £2,000 £5,000, upwards or, no amount of money but a night with Kate Beckinsale might do the trick.

You could off me a night each with Rihanna, Beyoncé, Nicole Scherzinger, Cheryl Cole and Ashley Roberts and the answer would still be NO.

Unless you tell us which team you bat for we can't judge whether that is a big sacrifice or not...

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2015, 04:39:30 PM »
Turn it round - if the tickets were all auctioned what would you pay?

You mean how much would I pay for a night with Kate?

Or to put it another way, which would you prefer - a day at Wembley or a night with Kate.

I'm going to have to give this some serious thought.

It's a vexatious conundrum, and no mistake.

Mmm...Kate....sorry what were we talking about???

Offline N'Zimidy

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2015, 04:40:41 PM »
Its possible that my dad will miss out on the cup final as like others he gave up his season ticket at the end of last season. He's in his mid-sixties and our appearance in FA Cup finals isn't exactly a regular occurrence. Should I give him my ticket for the final?

An FA Cup final is something father and son have to go through together. In fact, you're better off giving the ticket to me and watching it in the pub together.  ;)

Offline stuart445

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2015, 04:48:29 PM »

Unless you tell us which team you bat for we can't judge whether that is a big sacrifice or not...

Although if you were to promise make sure Olly Murs and any of the One Direction pricks were to never grace the tv screens ever again then you stand a chance lol

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2015, 04:54:26 PM »
Like many I gave up my ST this season in protest - however I have attended all but one home game - this allows me a fair chance of a ticket. I have only had two requests the best being the friend of my Baggie supporting uncle who he describes as a "hardened" Villa fan who has been twice this season - I'm still trying to work out exactly what "hardened" means?

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2015, 04:58:18 PM »
Like many I gave up my ST this season in protest - however I have attended all but one home game - this allows me a fair chance of a ticket. I have only had two requests the best being the friend of my Baggie supporting uncle who he describes as a "hardened" Villa fan who has been twice this season - I'm still trying to work out exactly what "hardened" means?

Its probably Albion-level literacy-speak for "ardent."

Online Pat McMahon

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2015, 04:58:50 PM »
I'd sell  my ticket for the price it costs to buy Arsenal.  Then I'd sack the manager, put Joey Essex in charge and sign the Blues team.

Poor thinking there Mr Little. Buy Arsenal if you choose,  then give Villa all their allocation of tickets. After that you can implement your long term plan....

Online thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2015, 05:00:03 PM »
I'm hardened...after looking at that photo of Kate Beckinsale.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal