collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: We aint all going to get Tickets May 30th  (Read 6034 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: We aint all going to get Tickets May 30th
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2015, 12:59:26 PM »
Just show it on one of the big screens at one end of the pitch and charge everyone a couple of quid to get in to watch it. If they had the facilities open in say the witton lane or the lower trinity - toilets and a few bars and food outlets, they'd make a few bob.

Have you got any idea how much it costs to open Villa Park and stock the catering outlets?

there's no doubt a cost, but then again how many of these occasions do we get to enjoy? I imagine there would be a decent crowd if it was offered at modest price. I know for Superbowl's for example where tickets start at $900 face value now, and go for anything upwards of $3000 on the day, the participating teams host events at their own stadiums or in nearby arenas for fans who want to watch the game in warmth (SB is in February). I imagine the club have to be considering this as an option.

Offline ez

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2015, 05:13:27 PM »
Anyone thinking of going down London with the hope of getting one off a tout. There's bound to be a few pubs round Wembley with it on if u can't and can join in celebrations after when we win

I might end up doing this if all my pleading on social media comes to nothing. I expect i'll decide the night before.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2015, 10:52:25 PM »
Jane & I both meet the criteria on the first day, but our other halves are going to struggle to get tickets.

Regardless - we are all going to Wembley (hotels already booked). We will keep trying to find them tickets right up until the day, & if all else fails, they'll watch it in a pub somewhere near the ground & celebrate with us afterwards. Touts could well become an option.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2015, 08:27:15 AM »
Just show it on one of the big screens at one end of the pitch and charge everyone a couple of quid to get in to watch it. If they had the facilities open in say the witton lane or the lower trinity - toilets and a few bars and food outlets, they'd make a few bob.
I think it will have to be more than a couple of quids. £10 to £15 to cover costs alone as staff cost will be very high out of season.

How can the last match of the season be out of season?

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2015, 08:32:57 AM »
I am sure you are not serious Lucky Eddie but our season at VP ends on 24 May our last home League game. Match day staff are then laid off till next season. The staff were told that at the start of the season so they may not be available or cost more to engage for a day.

Offline peter w

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2015, 08:33:29 AM »
I'm not sure they will. Did they do it for the 2000 final?

Never EVER mention that game again.

Offline FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2015, 08:43:18 AM »
I don't know if anyone on here bought a ticket off a tout for the semi , but I would be very wary, especially after the message from the club about posting pictures of tickets on social media (Gabby & Ian Taylor !).
What if you get to the turnstile/guy with a scanner and he tells you your ticket has already been used to gain admittance.
If I was going to pay well over the odds I think I would go down the Club Wembley route.

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2015, 01:44:08 PM »
Anyone in the know that if you fall into the criteria what are your chances of getting a ticket.i can get mine 4 days before my kids who fall on the last day of the criteria, so looks like I gotta play Russian roulette with my chances to sit by them.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2015, 02:42:29 PM »
Don't know what I will do as I will be aboard for 23 days and will be back the day (well Thursday 10.30pm) before final. I have to hope I can order it online but that is not likely to happen.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2015, 03:39:22 AM »
Class of 82: you could get your ticket early and then go on the final day and if there are tickets left ask for two together and change your original seat. By doing that you will guarantee at least one seat and possibly two either together or separate?

Salsa Party Animal: I ordered my semi tickets by phone whilst on holiday so should not be a problem if you do the same.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2015, 05:27:12 AM »

Have you got any idea how much it costs to open Villa Park and stock the catering outlets?
no I have no idea how much it costs. But I wasn't suggesting they should open the full ground, just the facilities in the witton and maybe the trinity lower and let people stand on the pitch to watch on the big screen at one end. I'm sure the club could make it work financially without having to charge too much. Say they got 10,000 in at 2 quid each, that should cover the staffing cost of the day easy, plus the profits on food,drink and programme sales. Would they need more than say 200 staff on 100 quid each for the day?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 05:37:10 AM by robbo1874 »

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2015, 08:27:35 AM »
Can't hear the phone :(

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2015, 09:03:02 AM »
Olaftab
Yea poss gonna do that but I live in essex and gotta come up the day before and camp out all nite.
The amount of times the ticket office have asked me" do you want to generate. A ref number for your kids nah it's ok" 12-15 games a season 3 tickets ev game am I the golden muppet or what hindsight is an amazing thing.
My daughter is going to carry the tissues to cuz when we win I'm going to be a blubbering mess so need her near me

Online thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2015, 09:08:05 AM »
Can't hear the phone :(

Get one of your Salsa Dancing Hotties to phone for you?

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2015, 09:53:59 AM »
I don't know if anyone on here bought a ticket off a tout for the semi , but I would be very wary, especially after the message from the club about posting pictures of tickets on social media (Gabby & Ian Taylor !).
What if you get to the turnstile/guy with a scanner and he tells you your ticket has already been used to gain admittance.
If I was going to pay well over the odds I think I would go down the Club Wembley route.

A mate of mine got let down badly and ended up going to the touts at the bottom of the steps at Wembley Park. They were dodgy as you like, if it had been me I probably wouldn't have bothered. They were the sort of people I wouldn't want to be anywhere near, let alone giving huge amounts of hard earned cash to.

They were asking £250 for one ticket. My mate kept saying that he had £120 and they just replied he had no chance.

Anyway, at 2.30pm he got one for our end, for £120, running that risk that when he got to the turnstile it wouldn't scan. Luckily it worked and he was in.

My question is, how did a genuine Villa ticket end up in the hands of such vile Scouse / Cockney scum bags?

« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 09:56:51 AM by CT »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal