collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa & Reading charged over FA Cup pitch invasions  (Read 3196 times)

Offline Witton End

Re: Aston Villa & Reading charged over FA Cup pitch invasions
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2015, 05:17:31 PM »
I'm not surprised about the charge to be honest, especially as we ran on the pitch whilst the game was still on. Reading being charged is a bit petty though.
that may have been a false start the ref blew for a fowl I.think and some supporters thought it was the final whistle, that mistake can be made.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2015, 05:35:15 PM »
I'm not surprised about the charge to be honest, especially as we ran on the pitch whilst the game was still on. Reading being charged is a bit petty though.
that may have been a false start the ref blew for a fowl I.think and some supporters thought it was the final whistle, that mistake can be made.

It might have been a false start, but it also just looked atrocious. I think most fans including the majority at the ground who joined in the after the final whistle booed the ones who went on first. I also think Reading have only been done because it happened the same weekend as ours.

The VP invasion was probably the only one this season that caused a delay of game and also had players including our own saying it was scary out there. Delph probably didn't help our cause with that quote no matter how it was meant as most people would have only seen it written down multiple times in print. And the BBC coverage would have also influenced the decision as well.

Offline peter w

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2015, 05:35:41 PM »

I thought the ref chickened out personally.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2015, 04:24:31 PM »
From the official MoTD Facebook page

Match of the Day
7 November 2014 ·
There's no pitch invasion quite like The FA Cup pitch invasion...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29962863

Were they charged? Were any of the others who had pitch invasions in the earlier rounds?

What about retrospective fines for past pitch invasions starting with Hereford in the 70's.

Edit - just remembered they went bust and no longer exist!

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2015, 06:07:13 PM »
From the official MoTD Facebook page

Match of the Day
7 November 2014 ·
There's no pitch invasion quite like The FA Cup pitch invasion...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29962863

Were they charged? Were any of the others who had pitch invasions in the earlier rounds?

What about retrospective fines for past pitch invasions starting with Hereford in the 70's.

Edit - just remembered they went bust and no longer exist!
Maybe too late for Hereford, but on that basis Man Fucking Utd owe teh FA approx. £1 squillion for their behaviour over the last 15-20 years at Villa Park.  ******.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal