collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: BBC tossers!  (Read 13794 times)

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
Re: BBC tossers!
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2015, 12:22:41 PM »
I thought BT Sport were saved by Humphrey getting Owen and Mcmananamanam to clearly state their Everton allegiance and James very much sitting himself as the Villa man. He looked delighted and was embracing the very Tigger like Sherwood at the final whistle.

I knew Owen was an Everton fan as a kid. Let's face facts no former Liverpool player/fan would go to Yah-nite-id. Never knew about McPermanaman.

James had so many clubs difficult to tell - suppose Pompey would be the one he had greatest soft spot for.

That's former Kerala Blasters legend David James
Current Kerala Blasters legend David James.

He's still their player/manager.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2015, 12:26:17 PM »
We all hear what we want
I heard Owen say ' Villa were brilliant today, ran Liverpool ragged, they couldn't cope with them'

He and Mcmanermanerman spoke very highly of our performance after the game I thought

Savage is just a knob, anything he says is just irrelevant

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2015, 01:14:14 PM »
but for once he was pretty positive about us. Still a tool though.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2015, 01:15:39 PM »
We all hear what we want
I heard Owen say ' Villa were brilliant today, ran Liverpool ragged, they couldn't cope with them'

He and Mcmanermanerman spoke very highly of our performance after the game I thought

Quite.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2015, 01:27:00 PM »
I thought BT Sport were saved by Humphrey getting Owen and Mcmananamanam to clearly state their Everton allegiance and James very much sitting himself as the Villa man. He looked delighted and was embracing the very Tigger like Sherwood at the final whistle.

I knew Owen was an Everton fan as a kid. Let's face facts no former Liverpool player/fan would go to Yah-nite-id. Never knew about McPermanaman.

James had so many clubs difficult to tell - suppose Pompey would be the one he had greatest soft spot for.

I am sure I remember a David James Observer column in which he said that sometimes players don't form a bond with their club which lasts any longer than they play for them, and that in his case, it was us he didn't feel a bond with.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2015, 02:09:57 PM »

I am sure I remember a David James Observer column in which he said that sometimes players don't form a bond with their club which lasts any longer than they play for them, and that in his case, it was us he didn't feel a bond with.

Petty, I know, but flapping at that free kick in the Cup Final severed any bond I felt for him...

Dumping him for a past his best Peter Schmeichel probably didn't do much to endear the club to him either.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2015, 03:43:32 PM »
He didn't help himself, spending all night wanking, I mean playing Fifa and losing us the game. I know we were shite but to lose it to a mistake was awful

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2015, 03:49:01 PM »
I never felt confident with him in goals, especially on crosses
I would prefer Enkleman to James

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2015, 04:53:52 PM »
Always played well when he came to Villa with Portsmouth though.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2015, 04:59:07 PM »
Petty, I know, but flapping at that free kick in the Cup Final severed any bond I felt for him...

Same here. If we win on 30th May then I MIGHT finally find it in my heart to forgive him.   

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2015, 05:00:15 PM »
I never felt confident with him in goals, especially on crosses I would prefer Enkleman to James

Not sure about that John.  I thought he was superb for us and I can't recall him making too many errors barring the one in the cup final.   

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2015, 05:04:59 PM »

Im sure I heard James say this afternoon "we" when they were discussing a Liverpool move on Bt sport  I shall have to watch it again.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2015, 05:05:45 PM »
I can't recall him making too many errors barring the one in the cup final.   

Our biggest game for 18 years and the Holy Grail of Villa fans was not an ideal time to make that one error!

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2015, 07:31:04 PM »
We all hear what we want

Quite.

Loved Jack's Dad last night on 5Live - "Robbie who?" - top bloke

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal