collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 01:39:14 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:35:13 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:27:21 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 01:39:14 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:35:13 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 01:31:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:27:21 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Nev
[Today at 01:18:45 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:17:42 PM]

Re: Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 01:05:47 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: To all those left behind.....  (Read 15462 times)

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
To all those left behind.....
« on: April 16, 2015, 04:20:45 PM »
Now that the final tickets have been sold and despatched may I ask you to spare a thought for those who, for various reasons, are unable to make it to North London this weekend. My recent visit with Walsall reminded me that a trip to Wembley can be a life affirming experience, the spectacle and colour that builds down the motorway, the shirts in the sunshine at the services and the fluttering flags on Wembley Way.

Recuperation from a minor operation will prevent me from attending the match, I haven't missed a game of this nature in 30 years and my usual alternative of the pub is also off limits so I will be viewing from the sofa which will be an odd experience. Even odder is the fact that I will be alone, the Hen is working and everyone else I know, bar Damo70, who is in a similar position to myself, will be at the game.

Of course I am not really alone, I have the emotional roller coaster of the match thread, from despair to delight within a throw in, although I may to be too nervous to get involved.

So if you are in a similar position do tell, and to the 30k plus at the game, give the lads a shout for us.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
Re: To all those left behind.....
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 04:24:52 PM »
Need to decide where to watch it. I hear its not on the BBC.

Offline el león Benidorm

• GM : 28.05.2015
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 04:27:21 PM »
I live in Benidorm so will have to watch it in a bar... well hopefully. The Lioness is due to go into labour any day now, with a due date on Sunday.

She has said that we can go out to watch it in a bar, however I have a feeling the cub will time his appearance at the same time that Benteke hits his hat-trick.

To all those travelling enjoy the game, stay safe and cheer the boys on for me.

Come on you villa boys!!!

Online Nev

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 04:27:23 PM »
Need to decide where to watch it. I hear its not on the BBC.

It's not, it's on BT. We happen to have this as part of a package rather than by choice but I'm fortunate in that respect.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 04:31:09 PM »
I think we are heading down Harrow on the Hill way Nev and as it's my birthday on Sunday, so I will have a pint for you....

UTV
The Doc

Online nodge

• GM : 23.02.2024
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 04:37:22 PM »
Now that the final tickets have been sold and despatched may I ask you to spare a thought for those who, for various reasons, are unable to make it to North London this weekend. My recent visit with Walsall reminded me that a trip to Wembley can be a life affirming experience, the spectacle and colour that builds down the motorway, the shirts in the sunshine at the services and the fluttering flags on Wembley Way.

Recuperation from a minor operation will prevent me from attending the match, I haven't missed a game of this nature in 30 years and my usual alternative of the pub is also off limits so I will be viewing from the sofa which will be an odd experience. Even odder is the fact that I will be alone, the Hen is working and everyone else I know, bar Damo70, who is in a similar position to myself, will be at the game.

Of course I am not really alone, I have the emotional roller coaster of the match thread, from despair to delight within a throw in, although I may to be too nervous to get involved.

So if you are in a similar position do tell, and to the 30k plus at the game, give the lads a shout for us.

You, Damo70 and your dad could have all watched it in hospital together, like an episode of Only When I Laugh!

Me and Matt will have an extra few for you! If my bat and wickets ever turn up that is!

Online Nev

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 04:41:12 PM »
I think we are heading down Harrow on the Hill way Nev and as it's my birthday on Sunday, so I will have a pint for you....

UTV
The Doc

Well Doc, the one consolation is the free pass my liver will have by not attending. Despite the results, I have fine memories of Harrow On The Hill for our last two trips to Wembley. Happy Birthday.

Offline frank black

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 04:42:17 PM »

As long as your fit for the final.. That's the big day out.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2015, 05:39:09 PM »

You, Damo70 and your dad could have all watched it in hospital together, like an episode of Only When I Laugh!

Me and Matt will have an extra few for you! If my bat and wickets ever turn up that is!

Talk about bad luck. I'm not well enough to go to Wembley so my wife is taking my son, I am missing out on a trip to Euro Disney with my parents and the kids for the same reason and now Nev has finally had that op to remove his wallet from his pocket I'm not allowed to have a drink on him. It also just took me about twenty minutes to get on H&V just for some reason. Talk about feeling paranoid and left out of everything.

If we lose it's your and Matty's fault.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2015, 06:06:35 PM »
To help you feel involved, and if it won't piss you off, how about an alternative pre match thread where those o's us down there share videos and photos?

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2015, 06:08:42 PM »
Im hurting already, knowing the Villahood is moving south to concur the red bin dippers, I along with some other not so fortunates will keep the home fires burning with a bit of jerk chiken, kickbabs and sausages. whilst sing your hearts out for the B6 Boys.

safe journey to all clarey blues and bring the house down.... 

Offline spartacuss

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2015, 06:23:22 PM »
For those H & V'ers unfortunately without tickets, perhaps a touch of Latin from the Lions' den (our national Colosseum): not 'Morituri te salutant!' but 'Ac de vincere nos salutant!' ('From those about to win, we salute you!')
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 06:29:30 PM by spartacuss »

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2015, 06:30:00 PM »
I can't get there, my nervous system will not allow me to watch it on telly even if I could.  My thoughts will be with you all, those of you at Wembley and those of you scattered worldwide and those of you recuperating from whatever has been ailing you.  I will be doing this whilst walking the roads of the West of Ireland.

Come on you Villa Boys!

Offline Sister of Top Cat

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2015, 06:51:25 PM »
For the reasons stated elsewhere, Top Cat and I will be watching it in her front room with copious amounts of gin (and Mr Top Cat). Come on you villa Boys.

And yes Cheltenhamlion, a thread of photos and videos would be excellent.

UTV

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2015, 06:55:41 PM »
You could always head down to wembley and watch in pubs nearby and soak up some of the atmosphere without actually entering the stadium ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal