collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:13:56 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:13:56 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by VillaTim
[April 26, 2024, 11:05:00 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: This is what became of Tony Barton's grandson  (Read 5411 times)

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
Re: This is what became of Tony Barton's grandson
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2015, 07:40:17 PM »
People want to be famous for being famous without any talent whatsoever. It's all very sad.

Exactly.  Do something - anything - exceptionally well, especially in the sporting or artistic arenas, and the fame and the financial rewards will come.  Having said that, I can't think of anything worse than being "famous".  It's bad enough bumping into current or former pupils (and their parents) in Tesco on a regular basis. 

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2015, 08:55:57 PM »
People want to be famous for being famous without any talent whatsoever. It's all very sad.

Exactly.  Do something - anything - exceptionally well, especially in the sporting or artistic arenas, and the fame and the financial rewards will come.  Having said that, I can't think of anything worse than being "famous".  It's bad enough bumping into current or former pupils (and their parents) in Tesco on a regular basis. 
These people clearly have a mental illness, problem is the NHS treat them with plastic surgery to help their 'anxiety' rather that counselling.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2015, 09:54:44 PM »
Sometimes when people of my generation or older go on about the good old days, an episode of The Simpsons where Granddad starts to do something similar and Bart quickly says words to the effect that this is my generation's turn, so tough always springs to mind. The one thing that does make me feel completely out of touch is the desire to be on reality television. There definitely seems to be a certain amount of exploitation/manipulation - look at some of the deluded contestants in the early rounds of talent shows.

Offline Colhint

• GM : 02.12.2016
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2015, 10:31:44 PM »
I always understood celebrity to be a concatenation of celebrated artist. So you were an artist in some form, who was recognised. Not famous for being famous

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2015, 03:27:58 AM »

Exactly.  Do something - anything - exceptionally well, especially in the sporting or artistic arenas, and the fame and the financial rewards will come. Having said that, I can't think of anything worse than being "famous".  It's bad enough bumping into current or former pupils (and their parents) in Tesco on a regular basis.

That usually involves years and years of hard work though.  The current culture is all about seeking instant fame and fortune. 

Offline cdward

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2015, 07:54:35 AM »
These people look at the brain cell they call Joey Essex, white Dee, Geordie shore, and Jade Goody, etc', and realise these people are not very intelligent but have made lots of money for just being a bit stupid, aka just being themselves.
When i see Joey Essex i always think he can't be that thick, he is making more money than me, but then realise he is thick.
These car crash TV programmes make money from these fools, and the viewing public lap it up. It's like paying to see animals do stupid things in the zoo.
Sad.
My ultimate nightmare would be for one of my children to aspire to be like Joey Essex et al.

Offline villasjf

• GM : Sep, 10
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2015, 09:15:23 AM »
All that money could have been used in a better way The NHS is run by our money.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2015, 09:34:04 AM »
This obsession has been going on for years so maybe in his early teens when all else had failed assuming he had several "good talkings" to by his parents when the administration of a timely clip around the ear might have sorted it all out.  It's not something I would condone but this lad strikes me as someone it might benefit.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2015, 04:05:08 PM »
you really do get pure class on here - someone mentioning a concatenation! ; the last time I read that word was in a Anthony Trollope novel. Brilliant, concatenation and Joey Essex in the same thread.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2015, 07:04:48 PM »
These people look at the brain cell they call Joey Essex, white Dee, Geordie shore, and Jade Goody, etc', and realise these people are not very intelligent but have made lots of money for just being a bit stupid, aka just being themselves.
When i see Joey Essex i always think he can't be that thick, he is making more money than me, but then realise he is thick.
These car crash TV programmes make money from these fools, and the viewing public lap it up. It's like paying to see animals do stupid things in the zoo.
Sad.
My ultimate nightmare would be for one of my children to aspire to be like Joey Essex et al.

The reality show contestants and I use all words lightly in a descriptive sense is the Modern Day Freak Circus Show.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2015, 03:26:39 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal