collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Who would you blame??......  (Read 4052 times)

Offline Big Dick Edwards

Re: Who would you blame??......
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2015, 12:16:52 PM »
It would have to be with Lerner, should have sacked Lambert at the end of last season.

This. Lerner left a failing manager in charge far too long. Not only that he even okayed a new contract for him.

A four year contract at that! Making any decision to sack him earlier all the more difficult.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2015, 05:37:57 PM »
It`s no suprise Lerner`s out in front, but i honestly believe his only real mistake was to allow MON to spend vast amounts of his money which he will probably never get back, he always respected the clubs traditions and genuinley seemed to care. his Managerial appointments will always be debatable, but Mcleish was appointed because of Fergusons accursed recommendation, and we, the supporters, demanded - and got- Paul Lambert, who was definiteley allowed to stay too long. Personally, i wish Lerner well, and believe the only thing that stopped Lerner re-establishing us as a major force was Citeh lucking in with Mansoor.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2015, 05:46:42 PM »
No Ellis option? That's a surprise
I deliberately left Ellis out for two reasons 1: you have to draw a line somewhere. 2: Ellis deemed Lerner a worthy succesor and for a good while so did the fans, dont forget, there were several games where the "one Randy Lerner" song rang out loud and clear. our current problems started after Doug had sold up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal