collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:29:13 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Who would you blame??......  (Read 4028 times)

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
Who would you blame??......
« on: April 11, 2015, 03:04:35 PM »
If the unthinkable happens and this is the season, who would you blame?. Personally i think the rot really set in when Oneill wasted huge amounts of Randy`s cash which left the managers who followed him with virtually no transfer budget, But to be fair to MON, any manager would have done the same if allowed. He should have been stopped and when he eventually was (being denied the money from Milners transfer) he walked, Faulkner was the Lerner intermediary, he was CEO and was there when the money was spent and the damage was done, he was advising Randy so should have reigned O`neill in much earlier - but didnt, so my vote goes on Faulkner.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 03:21:14 PM by martin o`who?? »

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Who would you blame??......
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 04:15:28 PM »
I thought you made it clear from your username that you would never mention that man's name ever again. Shame on you.

Offline martin o`who??

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 04:29:20 PM »
I thought you made it clear from your username that you would never mention that man's name ever again. Shame on you.
No no no, i defy anyone to say we didnt have some frikkin unforgettable days under MON, it just all ended rather sadly and thats what left a bitter taste in our mouths.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 04:32:25 PM »
You can argue about the source for ages, and we have. But if we went down this season it would nearly all be on Lambert. How ever much he spent, was restricted with wages etc because of things before he was here, he had this side massively underperforming. Look at Sherwood, in 8 league games we've scored 12, same as we did in 25 under Lambert, that is how much Lambert was failing.

Offline martin o`who??

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 05:01:15 PM »
You can argue about the source for ages, and we have. But if we went down this season it would nearly all be on Lambert. How ever much he spent, was restricted with wages etc because of things before he was here, he had this side massively underperforming. Look at Sherwood, in 8 league games we've scored 12, same as we did in 25 under Lambert, that is how much Lambert was failing.
i really think Lambert was like a rabbit in the headlights, i heard an interview with a reporter for the Local Norwich rag who had covered every game for them under Lambert and he said they were fantastic going forward, but with us he seemed frightened to cross the halfway line, he just seemed out of his depth.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 05:09:15 PM »
If the unthinkable happens and this is the season, who would you blame?. Personally i think the rot really set in when Oneill wasted huge amounts of Randy`s cash which left the managers who followed him with virtually no transfer budget, But to be fair to MON, any manager would have done the same if allowed. He should have been stopped and when he eventually was (being denied the money from Milners transfer) he walked, Faulkner was the Lerner intermediary, he was CEO and was there when the money was spent and the damage was done, he was advising Randy so should have reigned O`neill in much earlier - but didnt, so my vote goes on Faulkner.
Is it not possible for it to be the fault of more than one person?

If we go down (and we almost certainly won't), then at least three people on that list would have a good deal of culpability.

Offline levico

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 05:23:30 PM »
Surely Fox should be added to the options. I've voted Lerner but I think Fox was to blame for not sacking Lambert before January and then attacking the fans with that 'false narrative' nonsense.

Anyway after today's result hopefully blame will not be required.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 05:24:47 PM »
Surely Fox should be added to the options. I've voted Lerner but I think Fox was to blame for not sacking Lambert before January and then attacking the fans with that 'false narrative' nonsense.

Anyway after today's result hopefully blame will not be required.

But it could be that Lerner wouldn't allow him to sack Lambert. We don't know the ins and outs.

Online Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 05:27:00 PM »
Is it not possible for it to be the fault of more than one person?

If we go down (and we almost certainly won't), then at least three people on that list would have a good deal of culpability.
Yes, our current situation (regardless of relegation) is down to a number of factors, not just one person.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 05:31:26 PM »
Lerner for three poor managerial appointments on the bounce, particularly for letting the third one drag out for so long and Lambert for being awful results wise for pretty much the whole of his time at the club.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 05:33:33 PM »
Lerner for three poor managerial appointments on the bounce, particularly for letting the third one drag out for so long and Lambert for being awful results wise for pretty much the whole of his time at the club.

But most of us wanted, or were happy with, Lambert so it wasn't really a poor appointment. Keeping him so long was stupid though.

Offline john2710

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 05:35:28 PM »
It would have to be with Lerner, should have sacked Lambert at the end of last season.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2015, 05:37:30 PM »

But most of us wanted, or were happy with, Lambert so it wasn't really a poor appointment. Keeping him so long was stupid though.

It was a poor appointment. Admittedly that is with the benefit of hindsight but if you make a decision at work that turns out to be a disaster you will be called out for it and held accountable.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2015, 05:38:22 PM »
1st.  MoN
2nd. MoN
3rd. MoN

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2015, 05:39:41 PM »
Lambert. Look at what Sherwood is doing with Lambert's team. Lerner did cut the budget but we were capable of much better under Lambert.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal