collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Standing/Sitting Areas for Semi final Wembley  (Read 21560 times)

Offline johnboy

Re: Standing/Sitting Areas for Semi final Wembley
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 08:31:37 PM »
You can still shout and sing from a sitting position and enjoy the game, standing belongs in the past with shove downs etc

Offline Witton End

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2015, 08:35:28 PM »
Last year in a conversation with Lee Preece,  he advised that they encourage those who wish to sit at away games to buy tickets in upper tiers and at the front.

Offline Tugby Villain

• Villa through thick and thin!!!
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2015, 08:35:50 PM »
"Sit down, so I can watch the game..."

The old git who sits behind me said this to me when Benteke scored against Man Ure in December.  As I pointed out, everyone else in the ground was stood up and celebrating at the time, so why did I need to make an exception for him?  He was, I should add, perfectly capable of standing up/bending down himself.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2015, 08:37:09 PM »
Yeah fuck those bloody Johnny come lately and day trippers, make you sick. Or how about those who can't or don't want to stand for 90 minutes?

Offline Witton End

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2015, 08:42:27 PM »
Those who wish to sit have every right to sit, the same right as those who wish to stand,  so separate the two

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2015, 08:46:35 PM »
Those who wish to sit have every right to sit, the same right as those who wish to stand,  so separate the two

That is fundamentally incorrect.

You're never going to win an argument if you start from a position as factually wrong as that.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2015, 08:48:14 PM »
I'm pretty sure no club has ever had it's away allocation cut, or been threatened with reduced at home, for persistent sitting.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2015, 09:37:35 PM »
As a compromise, I suggest everybody stands knees bent in a sort of semi crouching stance.

Offline Top Cat

• GM : 03.02.2023
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2015, 09:46:32 PM »
3 years ago I was diagnosed with MS and as a result cannot longer stand for any length of time.

At Villa Park I sit in Lower Trinity and for majority of matches can watch sitting down without a problem. Exception is cup games as regular season ticket holders don't always  go and we get lots of persistent standers - at the recent Baggies cup match I watched what I could from the screen between North Stand and Witton Lane. We didn't even consider going to Wembley as I couldn't stand and wouldn't want to spend 90 minutes looking at someone else's back.

I have recently spoken to Sheila Maybury (disabled liaison officer) and she has put our minds at rest regarding any possible future trips to Wembley.

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2015, 10:01:10 PM »
I really hope you and your group are nowhere near me and my nephew. I really don't want to explain how his first trip to Wembley is being ruined by you and your lack of appreciation for the needs of others.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2015, 10:23:26 PM »
I really hope you and your group are nowhere near me and my nephew. I really don't want to explain how his first trip to Wembley is being ruined by you and your lack of appreciation for the needs of others.

Same here, taking my 12 year old son. He's a Johnny come lately and I'm a day tripper.

Offline Tugby Villain

• Villa through thick and thin!!!
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2015, 10:28:11 PM »
3 years ago I was diagnosed with MS and as a result cannot longer stand for any length of time.

At Villa Park I sit in Lower Trinity and for majority of matches can watch sitting down without a problem. Exception is cup games as regular season ticket holders don't always  go and we get lots of persistent standers - at the recent Baggies cup match I watched what I could from the screen between North Stand and Witton Lane. We didn't even consider going to Wembley as I couldn't stand and wouldn't want to spend 90 minutes looking at someone else's back.

I have recently spoken to Sheila Maybury (disabled liaison officer) and she has put our minds at rest regarding any possible future trips to Wembley.

I'm terribly sorry to hear this.  I was in no way suggesting that everyone should have to stand - I hope that it didn't appear like this.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2015, 10:34:44 PM »
Football is 56.7% more enjoyable when watched from a standing position.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2015, 10:38:58 PM »
I think its 100% more enjoyable from a sitting position.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2015, 10:40:50 PM »
I think its 100% more enjoyable from a sitting position.

I disagree Aftab - how many goals do you celebrate sitting down?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal