collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Pubs in Birmingham - Man United (a)  (Read 14310 times)

Offline conman

Re: Pubs in Birmingham - Man United (a)
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2015, 04:25:42 PM »
I watched the game in Sheldon today PM if  that's any good.

cant you just say

Offline conman

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2015, 04:28:19 PM »
fox and goose ward end is a good bet

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2015, 04:29:04 PM »
I thought there'd been a ruling where pubs were allowed to stream now? Something to do with a pub in Portsmouth?

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2015, 04:30:55 PM »

cant you just say
Not many pubs in Sheldon are there ? Wagon and Horses ? Wheatsheaf ? The Sheldon? Arden Oak ? The Cabin, Mazeppa are no more
Oh maybe George V ?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2015, 04:36:22 PM »
I thought there'd been a ruling where pubs were allowed to stream now? Something to do with a pub in Portsmouth?

Provided they buy from an EU broadcaster and don't show any Premier League logos or music was the latest on that one.

Offline conman

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2015, 04:41:46 PM »

Provided they buy from an EU broadcaster and don't show any Premier League logos or music was the latest on that one.

and the premier league logo is on the arm of every players shirt

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2015, 04:42:44 PM »

They have to pixelate them out

Offline conman

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2015, 04:44:40 PM »

how do they do that when their arms are moving

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2015, 04:57:44 PM »

how do they do that when their arms are moving
Intelligent software

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2015, 07:03:58 PM »

cant you just say
Not many pubs in Sheldon are there ? Wagon and Horses ? Wheatsheaf ? The Sheldon? Arden Oak ? The Cabin, Mazeppa are no more
Oh maybe George V ?

The Sheldon is still there. One of those family jobbies nowadays. Thought Wheatsheaf was stil there. Or is it strictly hotel nowadays?  Not many mind.  Is St Bernads Grange still there?  Or is that now George V? Horseshoes on Cov Rd and that's ahout it.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2015, 07:11:08 PM »

cant you just say
Oh maybe George V ?

The Sheldon is still there. One of those family jobbies nowadays. Thought Wheatsheaf was stil there. Or is it strictly hotel nowadays?  Not many mind.  Is St Bernads Grange still there?  Or is that now George V? Horseshoes on Cov Rd and that's ahout it.

The Wheatsheaf's a Toby carvery now. In fact, from memory that, the New Inn, Old Bill & Bull and the Horseshoes are the only pubs still open on the A45 from Digbeth to Coventry.

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2015, 07:18:17 PM »
There is The Phantom Coach but that's technically Coventry I guess.
The Wheatsheaf is open but it's a Toby Carvery, The Lyndon went ages ago and has been a harry ramsdens and is now an eat til you explode buffet place with a bar, the St Bernard's grange is still open.
King George V is on Common Lane. The stirrup cup is a spar or similar, The Social Club is still open, the swan went decades ago, old bill and bull is in Hay Mills. 

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2015, 07:21:13 PM »
Because I live 150 miles away from Manchester it's a hotbed of Utd support

There is a pub in town that shows every man Utd match on live,
 it's always rammed when they play, I actually play darts for a team there and the landlord tells me it's the busiest the pub ever gets including fri/sat nights

Just shows you what a load of plastic bell ends they really are

Btw I was in there yesterday and made my presence known when we scored, I made sure I was standing with two of my biggest mates when I stood on a stool and and jigged about like a twat,
Short lived, but hey ho

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2015, 07:26:30 PM »

cant you just say
Oh maybe George V ?

The Wheatsheaf's a Toby carvery now. In fact, from memory that, the New Inn, Old Bill & Bull and the Horseshoes are the only pubs still open on the A45 from Digbeth to Coventry.

Blimey. 25 ywars ago there was 10 or 11 from Arden Oak to The Watering Hole by The Sty. Brighton Arms and George and Dragon gone too?

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2015, 07:29:34 PM »
There is The Phantom Coach but that's technically Coventry I guess.
The Wheatsheaf is open but it's a Toby Carvery, The Lyndon went ages ago and has been a harry ramsdens and is now an eat til you explode buffet place with a bar, the St Bernard's grange is still open.
King George V is on Common Lane. The stirrup cup is a spar or similar, The Social Club is still open, the swan went decades ago, old bill and bull is in Hay Mills.

Wasnt Harty Ramsdens Good Companions? That was 20 years ago. Pretty sure Lyndon is still there as drove past it a year or so ago.

Lyndon is in Olton not Sheldon
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 07:31:06 PM by rob_bridge »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal