collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: F.A. Cup Tickets  (Read 60057 times)

Offline nodge

• GM : 23.02.2024
Re: F.A. Cup Tickets
« Reply #600 on: April 16, 2015, 09:00:09 PM »
That's 26000 in club Wembley.  What a loada nonsense.

What percentage of them will be red 'The Mighty Reds YNWA' day trippers , 70% ?

I reckon a good percentage of those seats will actually be empty.

I'll be in there!!  Shall I casually drop some prawns over the front to you peasants below?!

I'll be in the Club Wembley Gold seats. I imagine we'll be fenced off from the sheer poverty of the silver and bronze CW seats. I certainly hope so, anyway.

We were in Club Wembley for the 2010 final.  Apparently, even though you've paid £250, those fridges that you see dotted around full of bottles of beer aren't included in the price and you can't just help yourself to the beer.  Took us ages to work that one out.

Offline Cleybrooke

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #601 on: April 17, 2015, 11:15:51 AM »
Nodge - Question about the dress code for Club Wembley - It says no "REPLICA CLUB SHIRTS" Does that include all club colours or stuff with Villa badges on? What was your experience?

With my 10 year old boy and and don't want hassle on the door or with any bin dipper - but clearly want to be associated with the mighty AV. Scarfs and hats? may be a purple AV rain coat..

And yes I know it's Club Wembley and not with the fans - a) I give my brother a ticket in block 127 and b) It was very very nice of Nike to give me two tickets for block 143. Very nice.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #602 on: April 17, 2015, 11:24:09 AM »
Club Wembley folks let me know where  you are sitiing and hopefully I can pee on you from the upper tier?

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #603 on: April 17, 2015, 12:14:34 PM »
Heading to The Churchill Arms for a nice few ales and to catch Arsenal v Reading

Chelsea man United kicks off at the same time. Given the location of the Churchill Arms, they might be showing that game instead?

We've got a posse heading in to Wembley via Kilburn

This posse is getting bigger by the day. We may have to get to the pub before it opens at 10 to secure a seat....

I've taken the liberty of checking the website of The Churchill Arms pub. They're showing Arsenal v Reading.

Offline teamvillage

« Reply #604 on: April 17, 2015, 01:18:50 PM »
I am now sorted, and shall be sitting on my hands very firmly and not saying anything other than "calm down, calm down"...

Offline nodge

« Reply #605 on: April 17, 2015, 01:51:26 PM »
Nodge - Question about the dress code for Club Wembley - It says no "REPLICA CLUB SHIRTS" Does that include all club colours or stuff with Villa badges on? What was your experience?

With my 10 year old boy and and don't want hassle on the door or with any bin dipper - but clearly want to be associated with the mighty AV. Scarfs and hats? may be a purple AV rain coat..

And yes I know it's Club Wembley and not with the fans - a) I give my brother a ticket in block 127 and b) It was very very nice of Nike to give me two tickets for block 143. Very nice.

Don't really remember taking much notice Cleybrooke (I'd had a couple of Sherries) but I'm sure there were people with colours on.  None of us had colours on but then we don't anyway so I don't know what they would say on the door if you turned up in a Villa shirt.  I can't imagine they would stop an 10 year old especially if it was under a jumper just in case :-).
I'm sure you can spot the different ends in Club Wembley by colour when you watch a game on TV?  Sorry that's not much help, hopefully someone else will have an idea.

Offline exigo

« Reply #606 on: April 17, 2015, 02:57:48 PM »
I am now sorted, and shall be sitting on my hands very firmly and not saying anything other than "calm down, calm down"...

Got to be worth trying to swap tickets with a tout at the stadium.

Offline Cleybrooke

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #607 on: April 17, 2015, 03:40:49 PM »
Thanks Nodge - And top tip to stay of the sherry

Offline teamvillage

« Reply #608 on: April 17, 2015, 03:47:39 PM »

Got to be worth trying to swap tickets with a tout at the stadium.

Thought had crossed my mind, but I know this ticket is kosher and am a bit wary of the risk of not seeing the game at all!

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #609 on: April 18, 2015, 12:11:54 AM »
Heading to The Churchill Arms for a nice few ales and to catch Arsenal v Reading

Chelsea man United kicks off at the same time. Given the location of the Churchill Arms, they might be showing that game instead?

We've got a posse heading in to Wembley via Kilburn

This posse is getting bigger by the day. We may have to get to the pub before it opens at 10 to secure a seat....

I've taken the liberty of checking the website of The Churchill Arms pub. They're showing Arsenal v Reading.

Churchill Arms is a cracking pub with good Thai food, but we stopped watching football there years ago as they just had (have?) a fairly average tv. If you want to watch in the background you will be fine but if you really want to watch it may be worthwhile scouting a different boozer.

Offline nodge

« Reply #610 on: April 18, 2015, 07:34:41 AM »
Tickets didn't turn up yesterday so I've gone on the duplicate list just in case.  I did find out though that I'm in the same block as Leeg in row 13! What could possibly go wrong!  The plus side is if the tickets do turn up eventually, my son will have a couple of mint condition momentos of our famous win.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal