collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stewarding at the Villa  (Read 5725 times)

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
Re: Stewarding at the Villa
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2015, 04:22:46 PM »
I wonder if it is something to do with witton lane stand. The ad hoardings are very low anyway but there are also gaps to allow supporters onto pitch presumably as an emergency exit.

The problems at Albion game were albio fans surged through one of these gaps to get at villa fans. All police and stewards were then preoccupied with stopping them and that's why there were no stewards in front of villa fans.

Just allocate the upper tier section of the Witton Lane for away fans, problem solved.

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2015, 04:23:49 PM »
I wonder if it is something to do with witton lane stand. The ad hoardings are very low anyway but there are also gaps to allow supporters onto pitch presumably as an emergency exit.

The problems at Albion game were albio fans surged through one of these gaps to get at villa fans. All police and stewards were then preoccupied with stopping them and that's why there were no stewards in front of villa fans.

Just allocate the upper tier section of the Witton Lane for away fans, problem solved.

And have them throwing objects onto the Villa fans below them........

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2015, 04:25:47 PM »

And going in and out of the ground via the entire length of the stand.

Online Exeter 77

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2015, 04:28:11 PM »
stewards are there to watch the match, simple, stopping fans getting on the pitch, "what the fuck"
y

That idea's about twenty years out of date. Our stewards might not be perfect but they're about the best there is.
Stewards now are usually private security (G4S etc.) who cover several grounds. Those at Villa one week will be at the Sty or Hawthorns the following week.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2015, 04:30:45 PM »
stewards are there to watch the match, simple, stopping fans getting on the pitch, "what the fuck"
y

That idea's about twenty years out of date. Our stewards might not be perfect but they're about the best there is.
Stewards now are usually private security (G4S etc.) who cover several grounds. Those at Villa one week will be at the Sty or Hawthorns the following week.

They're directly employed, not from private firms.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2015, 04:41:11 PM »
I went to a match yesterday which kicked off at 5, most of the 80,000 crowd were drunk and yet there was no segregation, trouble or fans on the pitch. It's not as if the game wasn't important either. It can be done.

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2015, 04:45:53 PM »
I went to a match yesterday which kicked off at 5, most of the 80,000 crowd were drunk and yet there was no segregation, trouble or fans on the pitch. It's not as if the game wasn't important either. It can be done.

You cant compare a rugby crowd to a football crowd I am afraid

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2015, 04:46:59 PM »
I'd move away fans to the north upper and hoarde off say the front 10 rows . Do as Newcastle / Sunderland do and give them the crap seats up in the gods.

Offline Mortimer's Bear

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2015, 04:50:35 PM »

Dave I didn't mean the entire tier, I meant as there are now just extend the upper section a bit.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2015, 04:54:23 PM »

Dave I didn't mean the entire tier, I meant as there are now just extend the upper section a bit.

You'd have to give them most of the top tier to provide the 3,000 needed and that impacts on the facilities below.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2015, 05:00:42 PM »
What about some steel fencing and barbed wire?

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2015, 05:13:00 PM »
Just covering up the first two rows of seats would stop most of the invasions

Offline Mortimer's Bear

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2015, 05:41:03 PM »
What about splitting the allocation between upper Witton and upper North Stand?

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2015, 05:47:19 PM »

Upper North Stand holds about 4,000 so that would give away fans a massive chunk of seating.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2015, 05:48:51 PM »

Upper North Stand holds about 4,000 so that would give away fans a massive chunk of seating.
Split it down the middle home and away

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal