collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stewarding at the Villa  (Read 5735 times)

Offline nuninho

Stewarding at the Villa
« on: March 21, 2015, 07:25:30 PM »
Away fans on the pitch after a goal again. Can't remember too many other sides where fans are seen spilling on to the pitch so often. (Ignoring Albion game)

Do we have a problem?

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
Re: Stewarding at the Villa
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 07:29:17 PM »
Stewards were trying to take one Swansea fan off when a woman went to his aid and attacked the stewards who got the police involved. Not sure what happened after.

Online Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 08:22:13 PM »
Why are the first 3-4 rows occupied - would make getting on much harder with the aisles then fully stewarded ?

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 09:04:07 PM »
I didn't actually see any of them reach the pitch.
You can understand the wild celebration. We'd have done the same.

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 10:09:01 PM »
It is a problem. It pisses me off no end. I think in general our stewards and policing are shit.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 12:26:41 AM »
Why are the first 3-4 rows occupied - would make getting on much harder with the aisles then fully stewarded ?

indeed, especially if it's not sold out, not sure how it was today, but sell those seats last?

It is a problem. It pisses me off no end. I think in general our stewards and policing are shit.

they did get on the pitch.
Yes we have an issue in poor management of the stewards.

As a student in London I was a regular steward on the side of the pitch at milwall, & have also worked chelsea, charlton, edgbaston, wembley occcasionally + work in psychology.
If anybody knows who to talk to i have some strong advice/opinions as to where we went went wrong for the West Brom cup game, but, you don't really need any experience to be able to point out the obvious!

It needs nipping in the bud before it becomes more regular, and banning orders publicised.

Offline jon collett

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 08:33:19 AM »
I wonder if it is something to do with witton lane stand. The ad hoardings are very low anyway but there are also gaps to allow supporters onto pitch presumably as an emergency exit.

The problems at Albion game were albio fans surged through one of these gaps to get at villa fans. All police and stewards were then preoccupied with stopping them and that's why there were no stewards in front of villa fans.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 12:30:04 PM »
We should do more to stop teams scoring against us at that end.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 12:30:23 PM »
It's self fulfilling unfortunately. Fans get on to the pitch, the press publicise it and question why it happened so easily, other fans/idiots see how easy it is and decide to do the same. Repeat ad nauseum.

We can't defend our own fans for invading the pitch then criticise others for doing the same.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 01:09:28 PM »
Away fans on the pitch after a goal again. Can't remember too many other sides where fans are seen spilling on to the pitch so often. (Ignoring Albion game)

Do we have a problem?

there are often fans climbing over the advertising boards when away teams score at Villa park.

the only slightly different thing yesterday was the woman steaming in after the stewards tried to cart someone off.

if the stewards/police had dragged away the fans who climbed over the boards after Villa's first goal against WBA, people might have been reluctant to enter the field of play. instead the first offenders were just allowed back into the stand.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2015, 02:01:45 PM »
We should do more to stop teams scoring against us at that end.

Hahaha

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2015, 04:09:04 PM »
stewards are there to watch the match, simple, stopping fans getting on the pitch, "what the fuck"

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2015, 04:13:31 PM »
stewards are there to watch the match, simple, stopping fans getting on the pitch, "what the fuck"

That idea's about twenty years out of date. Our stewards might not be perfect but they're about the best there is.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2015, 04:13:45 PM »

The stewards in my section don't watch any of the match. They face the crowd.

The club must be worried by the hardcore ultras behind the dugout........ Shout out to the LTR massive

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2015, 04:15:38 PM »

That idea's about twenty years out of date. Our stewards might not be perfect but they're about the best there is.

Totally agree, they cant be blamed if people want to be arseholes

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal