collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fantastic Mr Fox  (Read 11951 times)

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
Fantastic Mr Fox
« on: March 16, 2015, 05:04:21 PM »
Forgive me if anyone has said this but I think the credit for our upturn in fortune is probably due to him.
I have a feeling he backed Lambert as any incoming CO would be expected to do and when this seemed like it was going to take us down persuaded Randy that a change was necessary and had a plan in mind.
No more drawn out affairs to pick a new guy, tied up very quickly-he must have spoken in advance with Timmy for him to visit so publicly. Yes something of a gamble, but seems to have picked the right character of person that was needed.
A lot of people have said many of the problems were compounded by the inexperience of our Board and management. I sense this is now rapidly going to change. We still have a long way to go and might still suffer the drop, but it is the first time we have seen positive actions translated to results on the pitch.
Keep up the good word Foxy.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Fantastic Mr Fox
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 05:08:29 PM »
Not sure how much can be attributed to him just yet. I think given that we had dropped into the bottom 3, that even Randy figured it was time to act on Fox. I'm glad things with Sherwood have worked out so far and his gut instinct so far has been proven correct. Let's hope in the summer he completes some great commercial deals in addition to building the boardroom structure at the club. He's certainly come across as very smart and quite astute so far.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 05:10:57 PM »
Forgive me if anyone has said this but I think the credit for our upturn in fortune is probably due to him.
Let's wait till we are clear of relegation and have won the FA cup before we hang garlands around his neck!

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 05:14:25 PM »
Who's the big fella with glasses on the bench next to Tim? Maybe everything is down to him. He looks like a boss.

As for Tom and his false narratives, keep sweating for us buddy.

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 05:18:06 PM »
Who's the big fella with glasses on the bench next to Tim? Maybe everything is down to him. He looks like a boss.

Tony Parks

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 05:18:44 PM »

Tony Parks innit?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 05:55:29 PM »
Ta, must have missed news of his appointment. Goalkeeping coach then. Couldn't work out what his function was.

Offline richl

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 06:03:16 PM »
Ta, must have missed news of his appointment. Goalkeeping coach then. Couldn't work out what his function was.

Seems to be more than that, possibly chief cheer leader

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 06:50:06 PM »
Was Fox here when we gave Lambert the ridiculous contract extension? 

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 07:18:32 PM »

Yep. Which is why I'm giving it a little while to judge. It could have been an hangover of deals in the summer, (Lambert survived for a reason,) and out of Fox's hands but lets see how the next year and a bit pans out.

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 07:23:34 PM »

he was, but then again he was new in his job. The big boss comes out and says he wants to give his mate a new deal, the new boy in the office isn't going to have a ton of pull so early on. I imagine over time though Fox was able to convince Lerner to "rethink" the decision and made easier as we slipped quietly and conveniently into the bottom 3.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 07:59:36 PM »
Fox had only been there a month or so and contracts aren't usually an overnight thing. It wouldn't surprise me if the club had been working on the contract before Fox officially joined. When the relevant accounts come out, it will be interesting to see what compensation Lambert gets because there might have been a clause about being in the bottom 3.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 08:53:30 PM »
We'll never know for sure, but given how the timings around Faulkner's departure, Foxes arrival and Lamberts new contract fit together it doesn't seem beyond the realms of possibility that
Faulkner left because he wanted Lambert out and Lerner had decided to stick by him.
Fox arrives with a list of things to take care of waiting on his desk including a message from his boss to sort out the new contract for Lambert
Contract gets sorted.
Fox spends the next 6 months wondering what Lerner was smoking when he gave the instruction for the new contract or checking to make sure that he hadn't missed "Under no circumstances" from the message that said "give Lambert a new contract"

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2015, 08:53:50 PM »
I'm absolutely convinced there was a clause about being in the bottom three, duly triggered then boom!

Online tomd2103

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2015, 11:56:45 PM »

he was, but then again he was new in his job. The big boss comes out and says he wants to give his mate a new deal, the new boy in the office isn't going to have a ton of pull so early on. I imagine over time though Fox was able to convince Lerner to "rethink" the decision and made easier as we slipped quietly and conveniently into the bottom 3.

It's easy to speak with hindsight, but I still think the decision to sack Lambert should have come earlier. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal