collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The positive impact of the pitch invasion?  (Read 9688 times)

Offline Pat McMahon

Re: The positive impact of the pitch invasion?
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2015, 02:17:10 PM »

All that said, the more I watch Man United, the more I am convinced that they're utter shite. How are they 4th?

The rest of us this season have been abysmal. It is a very average league.

Offline somec

• GM : 01.08.2020
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2015, 02:31:15 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

All that said, the more I watch Man United, the more I am convinced that they're utter shite. How are they 4th?
[/quote]

Unfortunately, no matter how shite they are they always seem to beat us.

Let's hope we can loosen that hold they have over us starting with the game at Old Trafford in April.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2015, 02:34:31 PM »
some quality quote fails there chaps :)

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2015, 02:38:53 PM »
more than anything else we now need something from the game at Sunderland. I don't think we need to win, we just need to come away from every game with at least a point. None of the home games should be significant cause for concern so we need to look to win those. Villa Park is a magical place and with the excitement of the upcoming FA Cup SF on the horizon maybe we can get close to 40k every week to see us safely over the line.

I really think we need to beat Sunderland.   It would put us above them for a start, and bring them back into sight goal difference-wise.  It would also potentially give us a six point buffer, which would be a massive psychological boost.  Don't forget that after that, we're then away to Spurs and Man U in two of the next three games.

Sunderland is probably our last realistic opportunity to get something away from Villa Park so a win there would be very welcome indeed.

I generally agree, but think that the game at Southampon will likely be a dead rubber for them, and maybe even ourselves. We may well get a point at Spurs too.

You don't have to be good to be effective I guess.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2015, 02:41:24 PM »
I just don't think you need to be that good this season to be much better than most of the teams in the league. And given their spending they should be in the top 4-6 positions. They are just mind numbingly boring to watch. Like a very, very, very expensive Lambert Aston Villa

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2015, 03:10:38 PM »
I just don't think you need to be that good this season to be much better than most of the teams in the league. And given their spending they should be in the top 4-6 positions. They are just mind numbingly boring to watch. Like a very, very, very expensive Lambert Aston Villa

That was what I said to the missus yesterday. They play like we did but with a few world class players chucked in to dig them out.

Funnily enough, with all this 80's throwback talk, Yanited are doing a more than passable impersonation of themselves in the 80's.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2015, 04:10:04 PM »

I've been enjoying casually referring to them as "a long ball outfit" as if it's a generally accepted fact whilst conversing with Man United supporting acquaintances.

Offline Gaztonniller

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2015, 10:08:45 PM »
Maybe the pitch invasion will rank along side with this famous one. 
Amazing how views now differ.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z-ze42I6NEo[/url
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 10:31:09 PM by Gaztonniller »

Offline Damo70

« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2015, 12:14:31 PM »

I've been enjoying casually referring to them as "a long ball outfit" as if it's a generally accepted fact whilst conversing with Man United supporting acquaintances.

If I ever talk to a United supporter I steer the conversation to football in general. They are so one eyed.  Any talk of non United related footballing matters completely throws them. They desperately try to turn the conversation back to United like a drowning man clutching for a branch.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2015, 09:04:40 PM »
Have been in London for a few days and got talking to some chelsea fans on their way to the game last night. They said they watched the villa game in the pub on saturday and the atmosphere came across as fantastic..They were actually envious of how much the whole of the ground seemed to celebrate..They reckon only pockets of Chelsea fans would have been that bothered by a result like that for them.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2015, 03:52:01 AM »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal