collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The positive impact of the pitch invasion?  (Read 9691 times)

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
Re: The impact of the pitch invasion?
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2015, 07:42:34 AM »
If sherwood can keep the positive energy , vibe and organisation going we can get 6 points from the next 2.

My observation is we are still playing in 45 minute bursts.
it beats not playing at all.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2015, 08:01:48 AM »
If sherwood can keep the positive energy , vibe and organisation going we can get 6 points from the next 2.

Even the best teams in the world rarely play good for a full on 90 mins, every game involves two teams and the so called  weaker team can often have a good period during a match

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2015, 11:20:32 AM »
Away from the effect that the game has had on the team, the club and the fans, I think it's been interesting to see after the dust has settled how positive the exuberant reaction to Saturday's win has been. The media has largely calmed down and acknowledged that it wasn't anywhere near as bad as was initially reported. Also, it was quite nice to see fans of teams like Chelsea and Man City who have gone irretrievably over to the dark side speaking wistfully of the pleasure in seeing another club's fans actually enjoying a game.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2015, 11:45:15 AM »
more than anything else we now need something from the game at Sunderland. I don't think we need to win, we just need to come away from every game with at least a point. None of the home games should be significant cause for concern so we need to look to win those. Villa Park is a magical place and with the excitement of the upcoming FA Cup SF on the horizon maybe we can get close to 40k every week to see us safely over the line.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2015, 12:37:17 PM »
more than anything else we now need something from the game at Sunderland. I don't think we need to win, we just need to come away from every game with at least a point. None of the home games should be significant cause for concern so we need to look to win those. Villa Park is a magical place and with the excitement of the upcoming FA Cup SF on the horizon maybe we can get close to 40k every week to see us safely over the line.

I really think we need to beat Sunderland.   It would put us above them for a start, and bring them back into sight goal difference-wise.  It would also potentially give us a six point buffer, which would be a massive psychological boost.  Don't forget that after that, we're then away to Spurs and Man U in two of the next three games.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2015, 12:47:18 PM »

I really think we need to beat Sunderland.   It would put us above them for a start, and bring them back into sight goal difference-wise.  It would also potentially give us a six point buffer, which would be a massive psychological boost.  Don't forget that after that, we're then away to Spurs and Man U in two of the next three games.

Sunderland is probably our last realistic opportunity to get something away from Villa Park so a win there would be very welcome indeed.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2015, 12:48:41 PM »

Totally agree. If we start to think about taking a point from every game, it'll backfire. Too many tough remaining fixtures to be thinking that way.

Lambert's problem wasn't losing to the likes of Man United or Liverpool, it was repeatedly losing to the dross around us - like Palace doing the double on us last season.

If Sherwood is going to improve us with any consistency, that's where he needs to start. Unless we begin to win matches we go in to fancying our chances, we're never going to get very far.

Offline jeowje

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2015, 12:49:21 PM »
I really think we might get something at Tottenham and Old Trafford this year- would be so like us to choke at Sunderland then get something there... Would hate to have to get points from those games though.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2015, 12:50:51 PM »
I can see us getting something at Spurs this year for some reason, obviously Sherwood will be really fired up for that one. On the downside we have a terrible record there in the PL era and they are chasing the top 4.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2015, 12:55:49 PM »

Even the best teams in the world rarely play good for a full on 90 mins, every game involves two teams and the so called  weaker team can often have a good period during a match

There are very few games where I can remember us playing well for the full 90 going back to the MON days or even further to DOL and GT Mk II.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2015, 12:59:33 PM »

Sunderland is probably our last realistic opportunity to get something away from Villa Park so a win there would be very welcome indeed.

It would be then nice to see us replicating one of the really good performances Villa gave under Lambert at home to Swansea.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2015, 01:01:11 PM »

No, it would be great to beat them, there's no doubt there, but we simply cannot afford to lose. What I meant was to keep things ticking over we need to get a point at minimum from all of our away games and then look to win out at home. To be honest with us, I can't tell you what's an easy game or a tough game as we have done a fabulously shit job against most opposition, so Spurs away and Man U don't fill me with any more fear than Sunderland away. I just hope that after the last week, Sherwood a bit more settled in, that maybe things have started to tip a little more in our favour and that we feel as though we can go into any game with a chance of winning it.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 01:16:13 PM by Toronto Villa »

Offline badluckeric(gates)

Re: The positive impact of the pitch invasion?
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2015, 01:11:31 PM »
I agree with the opening post. My overwhelming feeling after the game on Saturday was that someone had stuck one too many pins in the giant, and it is starting to stir!

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2015, 01:21:45 PM »

I generally agree, but think that the game at Southampon will likely be a dead rubber for them, and maybe even ourselves. We may well get a point at Spurs too.

All that said, the more I watch Man United, the more I am convinced that they're utter shite. How are they 4th?

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2015, 01:23:49 PM »
Was the pitch in much of a state after the final fans were cleared off it? can't imagine a couple of thousand "mindless hooligans" will have done much for the grass?

Grows by the inch, ruined by the foot.

It will be nothing compared to September after back to back days of egg chasers on it

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal