collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: FA Cup semi-final - vs Liverpool Sunday 3pm  (Read 131899 times)

Offline DeKuip

Re: FA Cup semi-final - vs Liverpool Sunday 3pm
« Reply #1215 on: April 13, 2015, 12:17:39 PM »
What I've not really thought of up until now is that we have 2 days rest over Liverpool.
So we can drink more?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1216 on: April 13, 2015, 12:37:19 PM »
At the start of last week I surprised my thirteen year old son son with tickets for Wembley. I'm not well enough to go but his mum is taking him. At the end of last week his nan and grandad surprised him and his sister with tickets for Disneyland Paris in August. It's his birthday next month. The way his luck is going he is probably expecting a car.

He actually started the year by inheriting a couple of grand off an old lady he used to visit with my dad when he was a little kid. I'd known her for forty years and used to visit her with my dad when I was a kid and got f**k all. I will have to give him a Father's Day gift list to rival one of his Christmas lists.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #1217 on: April 13, 2015, 01:05:26 PM »
I have had an insight into what being a Chelsea, Manchester United fan feels like. I work in Manchester and every single fan of all teams up here are telling me they will be supporting Villa come Sunday and if we win and play Arsenal in the final supporting Villa again

It seems "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" is alive and well

Or maybe just about everyone hates Liverpool

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #1218 on: April 13, 2015, 01:09:00 PM »
I have had an insight into what being a Chelsea, Manchester United fan feels like. I work in Manchester and every single fan of all teams up here are telling me they will be supporting Villa come Sunday and if we win and play Arsenal in the final supporting Villa again

Shallow fuckers. Glory Hunters. Why aren't they supporting Reading?

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #1219 on: April 13, 2015, 01:12:47 PM »
What I've not really thought of up until now is that we have 2 days rest over Liverpool.

We do, but it's not like they are playing on Wednesday or even Thursday.  They have almost a week themselves.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #1220 on: April 13, 2015, 01:14:30 PM »
At the start of last week I surprised my thirteen year old son son with tickets for Wembley. I'm not well enough to go but his mum is taking him. At the end of last week his nan and grandad surprised him and his sister with tickets for Disneyland Paris in August. It's his birthday next month. The way his luck is going he is probably expecting a car.

He actually started the year by inheriting a couple of grand off an old lady he used to visit with my dad when he was a little kid. I'd known her for forty years and used to visit her with my dad when I was a kid and got f**k all. I will have to give him a Father's Day gift list to rival one of his Christmas lists.

This is fantastic. I was only thinking earlier how important it is we give the next generation of Villa fans something to cling onto like semi-final appearances so they don't all go off and support the classless chavs, Manure and the like. Otherwise, we are in danger of losing a whole generation of supporters who see us as some sort of mid to lower table, small team who just don't feature in anything of importance except the end of season scramble to avoid relegation. It was very telling that both my daughters, 16 and 21, were amazed when I told them we were at Wembley next weekend, as if Aston Villa never gets involved in anything like that. They just glaze over when you try to regale them with tales of 75, 77, 81, 94, 96 and the like...

Offline glasses

« Reply #1221 on: April 13, 2015, 01:17:43 PM »
I sit by two plastic Liverpool fans at work (although one lad, up until a few seasons ago went to his fair share of home games each season, so can't knock him too much. His Dad was a scouser too, but he is a brummie. The other is a west country never been)

I proudly boasted I'd got a ticket and was looking forward to it, to be greeted with 'Ah well, we're so well supported we'd have to pay through the nose for a ticket'. Shame, Wankers. That's another insight to the world of a 'Glory Hunter'. When your team gets to a big match you won't ever have a chance of getting a ticket without open wallet surgery. Still, it's what you sold your soul for I guess.

Anyway, all season they have been taking the piss out of myself and my boss, along with the Albion fans. They got theirs a few weeks ago, and I sincerely hope it's the turn of the other two come Monday morning.

They aren't confident, either

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1222 on: April 13, 2015, 01:36:13 PM »
That isn't strictly true, for personal reasons I hardly went to any games in 2010 and went down to Wembley in the hope of buying a ticket for the final. Touts wanted twice as much, or more, for Villa tickets than they did Manure tickets as their fans didn't give much of a toss about it. I ended up watching the game in Danny's place.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1223 on: April 13, 2015, 01:39:36 PM »
That isn't strictly true, for personal reasons I hardly went to any games in 2010 and went down to Wembley in the hope of buying a ticket for the final. Touts wanted twice as much, or more, for Villa tickets than they did Manure tickets as their fans didn't give much of a toss about it. I ended up watching the game in Danny's place.

with me

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1224 on: April 13, 2015, 01:41:30 PM »

with me

And a good job you and your lad left when you did, we ended up locked in for a couple of hours. I'm still not sure it's legal for the police to refuse to let anyone leave for so long.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1225 on: April 13, 2015, 01:49:00 PM »

I'd rather they wanted us to lose.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1226 on: April 13, 2015, 02:33:59 PM »

with me

And a good job you and your lad left when you did, we ended up locked in for a couple of hours. I'm still not sure it's legal for the police to refuse to let anyone leave for so long.

funny thing happened when we got out,
we were walking around the back of the end where all the utd fans were , and loads of them were coming out before they had even seen their team lifting the cup

I was a bit pished and completely lost it, I mean really lost it and started having a go at anybody and everyone that had left early, calling them all the wanking names under the son, bearing in mind I'm not that tall and was knocking on 50 at the time, it was a bit silly

anyway a bloke didn't take kindly to my shouting and came across the car park with 2 or 3 of his  mates to argue his case, I thought here we go, my lad in his 20's was getting ready for the showdown

hilariously when he got to me he was another Villa fan, so we just carried on abusing the twats

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal