collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dave
[Today at 02:06:00 PM]

John McGinn - signed (Captain) by chrisw1
[Today at 02:05:53 PM]

NSWE Investment by eamonn
[Today at 02:01:12 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:52:38 PM]

Ollie Watkins by eamonn
[Today at 01:52:28 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Dave
[Today at 01:49:10 PM]

The Running thread by Richard E
[Today at 01:42:41 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by dalians umbrella
[Today at 01:37:23 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dave
[Today at 02:06:00 PM]

Re: John McGinn - signed (Captain) by chrisw1
[Today at 02:05:53 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:03:35 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by eamonn
[Today at 02:01:12 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by paul_e
[Today at 02:00:53 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:52:38 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by eamonn
[Today at 01:52:28 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 01:50:16 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Questions from WBA fans  (Read 17325 times)

Offline DeKuip

Re: Questions from WBA fans
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 12:25:25 AM »
Ayup folks

Would you mind answering these questions for our forum www.westbrom.com? A link with your answers will be provided on this forum on Wednesday.

1. What have you made of Aston Villa's season so far? I've been a little bit disappointed to be honest

2. What are your thoughts on the appointment of Tim Sherwood & Tony Pulis? They can both count themselves very fortunate the decent managers already had jobs at the time.

3. How would you describe West Bromwich Albion football club? Bolton Wanderers

4. Will Aston Villa be in the Premier League next year? Possibly only during the latter half of the year

5. What is your favourite Aston Villa versus West Bromwich Albion moment? The 1887 cup final at Kennington Oval. We travelled down on a barge and one of my kids fell overboard.

6. Who will win both the league and cup match in this upcoming week? They could both be goalless. I'm really looking forward to the excitement.

Cheers for your time

Liam

Offline supertom

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 06:35:09 AM »
1. What have you made of Aston Villa's season so far?
Absolute toss. I didn't think a regression was possible from last season but it's happened. We didn't exactly set the world alight with signings, but we brought in more experience which has had no effect at all. Young and hungry, or been there and done that. It's been no different under Lambert. The result is always the same. No discernible game plan.

2. What are your thoughts on the appointment of Tim Sherwood & Tony Pulis?
I quite like Sherwoods frankness. Is he the right man? I'm not convinced either way. We should have canned Lambert months ago and gone for Pulis. I think we're seeing just what he can offer. You lot looked dead and buried under Irvine. Now you'll finish comfortably lower mid-table and probably progress next season.

3. How would you describe West Bromwich Albion football club?
Not always the most stable club. Often some strange decisions made (Irvine) but Pulis was a good call and you'll get a couple of years of stability. I think generally Baggies fans are more obsessed with what the Villa are doing than vice versa. Even when you're ahead of us in the pecking order you act like the smaller club, if I'm being honest.

4. Will Aston Villa be in the Premier League next year?
Flip a coin. I think it's 50/50.

5. What is your favourite Aston Villa versus West Bromwich Albion moment?
I think it was the 2-2 last season. We were 2-0 down and absolutely bloody awful. You were loving it, and we then snatched a couple of goals to ruin your day. Other than that a few Agbonlahor inspired wins in recent years.

6. Who will win both the league and cup match in this upcoming week?
I think we've more chance winning the cup match. The pressures off us a little. We can't hack it in the league right now. I'd snatch the hand off anyone offering a draw.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 10:04:24 AM »
Shit x 6

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 10:17:53 AM »

FI$*_R*DRgHUDGOEI$£+_)$^%$*FHSG&G$V)SJ

If you swap round the timings of the sackings, and swap round the replacements, I think you can swap our league positions too.

Maybe this is because I live outside the region now, but I never had the animus towards Baggies which some on here have (and have expressed hilariously well). I also have Baggie relatives, whereas I have no Blues relatives. When Blues won the League Cup it ruined my day - when Baggies stayed up dramatically that time I was mildly pleased.

Yes. Oh the men's Premier League? Oh right, then no.

Literally any win. We sometimes have decent games, but the funny moments don't happen as much between us as they do in other derbies.

I can't shake the impression that we'll either win both or lose both. Probably a draw tonight, then.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 10:36:39 AM »
Ayup folks

Would you mind answering these questions for our forum www.westbrom.com? A link with your answers will be provided on this forum on Wednesday.

About as painful as expected, with even less goals than I expected.

Tim Sherwood was appointed as we could get him straight away, can't blame him if he doesn't keep us up. I wasn't thrilled by the appointment though. That said I couldn't think of any available manager that I really wanted either. Knew Pulis would pick you up, he always organises well and makes teams hard to beat. His football isn't pretty, but he does the job.

Technically local rivals, but they don't feel like it. There's not the aggro you get from Bluenoses. Had a great history and a few spells in the 1960s and 1970s, but after that a bit of a yo-yo club.

Odds against us I think.

I think the home win after being 2-0 down last year was the best, maybe Delph's goal for the individual moment though.

Can see it being a draw tonight and I'll go for us to edge it in the Cup.

Cheers for your time

Liam

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 10:40:59 AM »
1. What have you made of Aston Villa's season so far? A lot worse than I expected.

2. What are your thoughts on the appointment of Tim Sherwood & Tony Pulis? Sherwood has a bit too much to say, needs to get his team's football doing the talking. Pulis is a great appointment for any bottom half team. A few Villa fans turned their nose up when he was available, but he doesn't do relegation, Sherwood might well.

3. How would you describe West Bromwich Albion football club? Started to dislike them a bit more in the last 4-5 years, before that wasn't bothered by them at all.

4. Will Aston Villa be in the Premier League next year? 60/40 against us.

5. What is your favourite Aston Villa versus West Bromwich Albion moment? Equalising from 2-0 down a couple of seasons back.

6. Who will win both the league and cup match in this upcoming week? Both win one, dunno which way round. We need to win the league game more.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2015, 10:48:08 AM »
When composing your answers, most of you seem to be forgetting that Albion supporters can only understand words of no more than one syllable.

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2015, 10:52:22 AM »
Woeful. I've lost count of the number of times I've thought that we should now pick up a few points and everything will look better, only to see things get worse. It's the result of years of deliberately financially shrinking the club, though. It's not something that has happened by chance. We should have picked up more points over Christmas, while Hull was the real turning point, for me.

Pulis is a good appointment. We all know what he does and he'll have you mid-table for a while. Who knows with Sherwood. If he keeps us up, we could be reasonably well set. He'll certainly have a groundswell of support.

I've got nothing against the Albion. I was one of the few Villa fans at a school just outside of Wolverhampton and one of my best mates was - and still is - a Baggies fan. We were forced into a kind of self-preservation alliance. Most of the other WBA supporters I've met have been really decent people, too.

If we don't win tonight we are in big trouble. We are now down to our last few chances.

I reckon it was seeing big Cyrille Regis pulling on the claret and blue.

The Villa. The alternative doesn't bear thinking about.

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2015, 11:58:00 AM »
There's been so many highlights I don't know which one to pick out.

West Brom did the sensible thing to get Pulis. As others have said, I like some of what Sherwood says, but he does come across a bit John Gregory. Still, Gregory had us a lot higher up the league than we are now so maybe I shouldn't complain.

I've never really had too much against them, but they do seem to have an almight chip on their shoulder.

I think we probably will be, but ultimately if we go down it will be thoroughly deserved.

I enjoyed the mentalness of last year's 4-3 at Villa Park. (Did we really score four real goals in one match?!)

One each: not sure which way round.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2015, 01:18:28 PM »
Ayup folks

1. What have you made of Aston Villa's season so far? - A veritable Smorgasbord of mediocrity
2. What are your thoughts on the appointment of Tim Sherwood & Tony Pulis? - ]Sherwood doesnt have enough time, Pulis is a solid appointment who will give you some stability.
3. How would you describe West Bromwich Albion football club? - ]A club of good heritage and stature, who like us, long for past glories that - as it stands - we`ll probably never see again
4. Will Aston Villa be in the Premier League next year?. My heart says yes, my head sa.........next question.

5. What is your favourite Aston Villa versus West Bromwich Albion moment? -Without any hesitation, Withey chipping Tony Godden from Batsons back pass, i`m sure you know the rest.

6. Who will win both the league and cup match in this upcoming week? - two draws

Cheers for your time

Liam
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 01:42:05 PM by martin o`who?? »

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2015, 03:48:11 PM »
The four-nil cup game was enjoyable but as we were red-hot favourites to win, no individual moment stood out.

I don't remember us as red hot favourites as we were struggling at the time. They really fancied their chances in the run up and were giving it the big 'un. And then we smashed them a piece of piss. Anyone remember their fat twat with his shirt off in the Witton Lane? All bouncing around giving it the hand gestures at the start before vanishing as the goals went in and The Holte sang "Tango, what's the score" at him.

We were struggling as but they were just as bad one league below. Once Taylor showed Sean Murphy (I think) who was boss in the 1st minute and Grayson sparked one in a couple of minutes later, the upstarts were well and truly put in their place.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2015, 10:48:42 PM »
Sorry. Missed this one.

5. That last minute penalty and 3 points in the bag when Pulis thought he had got his draw.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2015, 11:07:35 PM »

Tear inducing shit that has stunk out the whole league.

Sherwood.  Not what we needed, but he might keep us up on enthusiasm alone.
Pulis - can't do better than this quote from Danish commentator at the final whistle tonight.  "Justice for football. You know what you're getting when you hire Pulis and it isn't pretty."

Sad and embittered. And the quicker you stop with that "We know what we are" bollocks the better.  The whole country knows what you are!

50/50. which is better odds than 2 weeks ago.

Brendon Batson helping us win the League.

Half way to the double.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 11:57:52 PM by Villa in Denmark »

Offline glasses

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2015, 11:54:37 PM »
I'd like to pose some questions to the baggies fans.

1. Why were your team time wasting at corners and free kicks at 1-0 down?

2. What pocket did Lescott have Agbonlahor in?

Anyone else have any questions they'd like to ask?

Offline FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2015, 12:01:56 AM »
Where are all the sad f*cking w@nkers who sign up (on this site) a week before we  play them to post about the Villa.What's a matter, an albion site not good enough for them.  F*CKING KARMA !

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal