collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Questions from WBA fans  (Read 17330 times)

Offline Liam_Baggies

Questions from WBA fans
« on: March 02, 2015, 07:21:39 PM »
Ayup folks

Would you mind answering these questions for our forum www.westbrom.com? A link with your answers will be provided on this forum on Wednesday.

1. What have you made of Aston Villa's season so far?

2. What are your thoughts on the appointment of Tim Sherwood & Tony Pulis?

3. How would you describe West Bromwich Albion football club?

4. Will Aston Villa be in the Premier League next year?

5. What is your favourite Aston Villa versus West Bromwich Albion moment?

6. Who will win both the league and cup match in this upcoming week?

Cheers for your time

Liam

Offline Damo70

Re: Questions from WBA fans
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 07:38:13 PM »
1. Painful to witness. Again.

2. I like Sherwood but I think even his biggest fan would admit he was a massive gamble. It will turn out to be a masterstroke or suicide. I wanted Pulis as our manager to replace Lambert before he went to Palace. Some people on here said some jolly rude things to me about that at the time.

3. I think De Matteo, Hodgson and Pulis were very good appointments. Clarke looked worth a shot. Mel seemed a big gamble. There does seem to be a 'short-termism' with managers and players contracts.

4. Heart says yes. Head says not convinced.

5. Not so much a moment but the 4-3 on the first day in '83 was great. Also my first trip to The Hawthorns in the Milk Cup (same season, I think) when Clive Thomas sent off Gary Owen and we won 2-1.

6. Honestly? F**k knows! I would take the three points out of the two. Neither Villa nor Albion will win the cup.

7. Oh, there is no seven.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 07:51:25 PM »
1. Fuck the Albion

2. Fuck the Albion

3. Fuck the Albion

4. Fuck the Albion, fuck the Albion

5. Fuck the Albion

6. Fuck the Albion

7. Fuck the Albion (there is always a 7th)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 07:53:10 PM by Ads »

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 07:54:13 PM »
Ayup folks

Would you mind answering these questions for our forum www.westbrom.com? A link with your answers will be provided on this forum on Wednesday.

1. What have you made of Aston Villa's season so far? Sh*t

2. What are your thoughts on the appointment of Tim Sherwood & Tony Pulis? Sh*t

3. How would you describe West Bromwich Albion football club? Deleted

4. Will Aston Villa be in the Premier League next year? Fingers crossed

5. What is your favourite Aston Villa versus West Bromwich Albion moment? Beating you

6. Who will win both the league and cup match in this upcoming week? Neither

Cheers for your time

Liam

Offline Godfrey Brian

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 08:00:57 PM »
1. Numbing
2.Pulis is the right man for you for now . Sherwood could be the right man for us in the future, but he might not get there.
3.As a reference point whenever I need to direct people to the 74 bus.
4.By the skin of our teeth and cosmic intervention.
5.I always enjoy a Brendan Batson back pass.
6.The honours (if that describes two lowly clubs) will be shared.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 08:01:17 PM »
1. There hasn't been a joyful moment all season - even the adrenalin buzz of Paul Lambert getting the sack didn't last, because of the shit we now find ourselves in. Up until he went it was, in all honesty, hell. But now he's gone, it doesn't look like being much better. Certainly the worst time to be a Villa fan I can claim to remember.

2. I am as underwhelmed as it's possible to be with the appointment of Sherwood, but he's here now and although he has a chance of keeping us up, it would be a miracle if he manages it. The rot goes to the roots of the club and he's the wrong appointment. Pulis is exactly what Albion needed but not at all what they wanted. It may be sour grapes that he's got you organised and confident, but I'll be watching with some interest how long it takes the purists of Sandwell to revolt at his big-dumplings-with-whining-winger sauce recipe.

3. Many would say deluded, but most Baggies fans I know aren't exactly convinced of their top level station. However, there's a fair proportion that confirm to the idea that it's all about besting Villa and not doing the obvious thing, which is to not care a jot what we're like compared to you. History will always be on Villa's side, and it drives you lot mad. My one main gripe is maybe you should learn to walk before you can run - Peace is an excellent chairman and you're not Real Madrid.

4. It would be an outstanding turnaround if we do stay up. Possible, but I wouldn't put a wooden halfpenny on it.

5. The 4-0 in the Cup in 1998. Others go back a lot further with the club, but I remember the atmosphere that day being fantastic.

6. I have zero confidence in Villa to win anything right now. My heart tells me there will have to be a reaction from Sherwood's input sometime and if he can't get them fired up for games like these then he may as well quit now. But my head says that honours will be even, and whoever wins the first will lose the second.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 08:02:59 PM »
Ayup folks

1. What have you made of Aston Villa's season so far? A small paper stork and a pirate's hat.

2. What are your thoughts on the appointment of Tim Sherwood & Tony Pulis? Hmmm & Huh?

3. How would you describe West Bromwich Albion football club? A festering turd hanging like a clinker off a tramp's beard.

4. Will Aston Villa be in the Premier League next year? I think the question should be, is the premier league good enough for Aston Villa?

5. What is your favourite Aston Villa versus West Bromwich Albion moment? Tomorrow night's game. I think our fourth goal was the best.

6. Who will win both the league and cup match in this upcoming week? No, Who's at first base.

Cheers for your time

Liam

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 08:04:20 PM »
Ayup folks

1. What have you made of Aston Villa's season so far? Unsurprisingly sh*t

2. What are your thoughts on the appointment of Tim Sherwood & Tony Pulis? The only positive Sherwood brought was that he wasnt Lambert, wont be at the club in 12 months. Pulis was a solid appointment but a strange one for a club that were so anti his Stoke side

3. How would you describe West Bromwich Albion football club? Fulham of the midlands

4. Will Aston Villa be in the Premier League next year? just about, will go down to last game

5. What is your favourite Aston Villa versus West Bromwich Albion moment? Cant remember too many, there was a good 2-2 draw between the teams last season.

6. Who will win both the league and cup match in this upcoming week? Draw in league, Villa in Cup

Cheers for your time

Liam

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 09:56:50 PM »
Ayup folks.

Have you moved to Noth East Midlands?

1. What have you made of Aston Villa's season so far? Crap. Utterly Crap.

2. What are your thoughts on the appointment of Tim Sherwood & Tony Pulis? You got the better deal. And timed it better. Pullism works.

3. How would you describe West Bromwich Albion football club? I bear the entity neither ill nor will.

4. Will Aston Villa be in the Premier League next year? Back in 2016-17 hopefully unless QPR Burnley and Leicester finish even more shite thsn us. Oh and Hull wither.

5. What is your favourite Aston Villa versus West Bromwich Albion moment? Singing we'll meet again FA Cup 1998.

6. Who will win both the league and cup match in this upcoming week? I have 2 free bets from Paddy Power. I will be sugfesting neither has more thsn 1 goal.

Cheers for your time

Liam

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 10:02:33 PM »
1. Beyond abysmal
2. Neither manager is a good long term appointment.
3. A club punching above it's weight
4. Yes , by a slither
5. Peter Withe goal via Batson back pass 81
6. 2 home wins

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 11:03:35 PM »

Worse than Hitler.

Underwhelmed, uninterested.

A side who, for some reason, seem content to obsess with their bigger local rivals. I suspect you'll be more excited if Villa go down than you were last time you got promoted which is fairly sad for a club who, unlike our other local "rivals", have actually got a decent history.

No.

Maybe the late Hitlzsperger winner as a late decisive goal is always fun. The four-nil cup game was enjoyable but as we were red-hot favourites to win, no individual moment stood out.

Not sure. One of the Greater Birmingham clubs.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2015, 11:12:32 PM »
. What have you made of Aston Villa's season so far?  Dreadful, can't believe that we're not cut adrift tbh. Scoring just 13 goals is a disgrace quite frankly.

2. What are your thoughts on the appointment of Tim Sherwood & Tony Pulis?  You did better unfortunately, also the timing of the appointments (regarding the transfer window) shows how engaged our respective Boardrooms are with our positions.

3. How would you describe West Bromwich Albion football club? A traditional club, our greatest historical rival but I just don't have the same animosity for you as I do Blose, but maybe that's because I grew up in South Bham. I also find your fans a sanctimonious bunch, a bit like the Geordies are and we all laugh at them.  But basically, you seem far more obsessed with us than we'll ever be about you.

4. Will Aston Villa be in the Premier League next year? My heart says yes, my head says probably not.  We can't score!

5. What is your favourite Aston Villa versus West Bromwich Albion moment? Daley's winner in the Cup in 1990. Great moment, great atmosphere, we were absolutely flying at the time.

6. Who will win both the league and cup match in this upcoming week?  Two draws with you lot winning the replay.  We need wins though now.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 07:02:53 AM by OzVilla »

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2015, 11:23:49 PM »

Like being stuck in a perpetual ground hog day.

Sherwood has a lot of potential but the ego and situation may stop him reaching it. Pulis I was just happy not to have at Villa. Any bloke who rushes from his mothers death bed to milk the applause at Stoke to turn a game against us is a wrong un. And he is a wrong un. Albion have jumped in bed with a bloke 18 months ago not 1 Albion fan I know would have pissed on if he was on fire, now he is the mesiah. And we are the fickle ones.

Never understand the fans obsession with Villa. We don't ever sing about Albion outside of the games with you, yet your lot can't wait to trott out the ever so original shit on the ..... Why? When did the inferiority complex start? And you can't deny Albion fans have that with Villa, as we are the club, with the history, the stadium, the stature that Albion fans think that you have. Realism is you are a small side doing well to stay up, and making a better job of it than us so fair play, but drop the stupid obsession, you are largely irrelevant to Villa fans.

No.

Simon Grayson bosh.... my mum was in hospital and quite poorly but felt better that day so I went to the game. That was a good day.

Probably Albion, but I have lost the will to give a shit, so it is pretty pointless to taunt fans who no longer give a shit. Enjoy your day in the sun. This is as good as it gets for Albion it would seem. Tony Pulis is what you have to live with.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2015, 11:28:31 PM »
1. Depressing.

2. Sherwood - meh (hope to be proved wrong). Pullis - annoyed (would have done well for us, had we sacked Lambert earlier). Neither good for the long run though.

3. Decent well run local club. Not as bi as Villa, never will be. But, a decent club with loyal fans. Have never had the hatred I feel for Birmingham city, and wish them well (so long as they stay below us). Used to watch them when Villa were away back in the day.

4. Heart says yes, head is very worried. On balance think and hope we will scrape it.

5. Daley goal in 1990.

6. Us of course. Season will turn around when we stuff you twice.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2015, 11:54:32 PM »
The four-nil cup game was enjoyable but as we were red-hot favourites to win, no individual moment stood out.

I don't remember us as red hot favourites as we were struggling at the time. They really fancied their chances in the run up and were giving it the big 'un. And then we smashed them a piece of piss. Anyone remember their fat twat with his shirt off in the Witton Lane? All bouncing around giving it the hand gestures at the start before vanishing as the goals went in and The Holte sang "Tango, what's the score" at him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal