collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Newcastle - the new Coventry?  (Read 6035 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Newcastle - the new Coventry?
« on: February 28, 2015, 08:59:24 PM »
I am not sure what the thoughts are of those who were at the game today, but it was a bit like a trip to Highfield Road.

A number of their fans below us spent most of the game turning round to gesture up at us, while after the game there was a good number of their fans waiting outside giving abuse and chucking things. This actually caused quite a bit of bother as Villa fans surged to try and get at them. Couple this with all the internet nonsense, their sad sack of a manager's comments, and I truly think we've found a new Coventry for one way obsession/hatred of the Villa.

Anybody else get this vibe from today?

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
Re: Newcastle - the new Coventry?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 09:02:16 PM »
After we took the piss when they were relegated, hardly a surprising reaction is it?

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 09:08:32 PM »
After we took the piss when they were relegated, hardly a surprising reaction is it?

They should move on. Life's too short.

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 09:12:33 PM »
There hatred off Mike ashley then all walk round with there sports direct gear on sums them up.
Never liked all that we aRe a big club because we get 40,000 every week fools you lot then for going to watch a club that have never won fuck all for "how many years"
"Wor Jackie " and all that shit if we was the only club for miles we would sell out ev week.
Takes a few ingredients to class yourself as as a big club and they are quite a few ingredients short.
Now fook off to sports direct to buy your slazenger polo shirts for £2.99

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 10:51:54 PM »
If only opposition supporters did give a fuck about Villa. I don't think any of them do to be honest.

Online The Man With A Stick

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 11:33:39 PM »
No chance.  Coventry is far more sophisticated and glamorous.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 12:13:55 AM »
Yeah I was quite disappointed in their lot today, sure we took the piss a few years ago but we gave great shows of respect to the two who died and also to Gutierrez, so I thought we deserved a bit better than to have all them lot waiting for us after the game. Surprised they were even bothered being as they created absolutely no atmosphere and it felt like we were at home! Sure, you can get over 48,000 fans to turn up but what's the point if they're all going to sit on their hands for 90 minutes?

Maybe we're better off in a relegation fight if that's what mid-table mediocrity's like...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 12:18:47 AM by Chipsticks »

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 12:29:05 AM »
Yeah I was quite disappointed in their lot today, sure we took the piss a few years ago but we gave great shows of respect to the two who died and also to Gutierrez, so I thought we deserved a bit better than to have all them lot waiting for us after the game. Surprised they were even bothered being as they created absolutely no atmosphere and it felt like we were at home! Sure, you can get over 48,000 fans to turn up but what's the point if they're all going to sit on their hands for 90 minutes?

Maybe we're better off in a relegation fight if that's what mid-table mediocrity's like...

That last sentence is what the Blues used to throw at us. Give me a season of mid-table nothingness over relegation drama any day of the week.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 12:29:45 AM »
I kind of feel bad for them. Some of their fans clearly think there is a "rivalry" between our clubs. Honestly I don't know a Villa fan who cares about Newcastle at all.

If any of them reading this want to feel better don't worry I understand. I have a similar thing with ManU. I hate ManU and remember cup finals and humiliations, I thirst for vengeance! The trouble is most ManU fans don't give a damn about Aston Villa.

Same with us and you. We just don't care.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 12:35:40 AM by ciggiesnbeer »

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 12:34:36 AM »
Look, loads of us took the piss when they went down at VP. Today was their chance to give it back. Our day will come again, and when it does we will take full advantage. Every dog etc etc

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2015, 12:40:46 AM »
Look, loads of us took the piss when they went down at VP. Today was their chance to give it back. Our day will come again, and when it does we will take full advantage.
But that's the point. When our day comes, we still won't really give a toss about them. We'll laugh at them when they deserve laughing at, but beyond that we'll barely even care that they exist.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2015, 12:40:59 AM »

That last sentence is what the Blues used to throw at us. Give me a season of mid-table nothingness over relegation drama any day of the week.

Very true, I'll take that back actually.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2015, 07:41:54 AM »
I think on the ptch we have been doing a great impressiin of 1990s Coventry for 4 years or so. Dire football and relegation scraps.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2015, 07:46:14 AM »
Who cares? Fuck em. Waste of space thread!

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2015, 07:59:29 AM »
If you give it out, make no mistake, you will have to take it back at some point. There are many who have waited a long time to celebrate our demise, some who are defined by that desire.
However, the season isn't over yet.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal