collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Accounts Show Reduced Loss  (Read 18135 times)

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
Re: Accounts Show Reduced Loss
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2015, 07:12:35 PM »
But we don't . Therein lieth the problem.
Which is completely different to what you have been saying.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2015, 07:15:49 PM »
Not really. Lerner cannot run this club remotely. It worked when he was over here and involved and living out beyond coleshill and attending games . It set the tone and the vibrant culture at the club during the MON halcyon era.
Ever since he's retreated further and further it's been a steady decline.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2015, 07:18:42 PM »
Not really. Lerner cannot run this club remotely. It worked when he was over here and involved and living out beyond coleshill and attending games . It set the tone and the vibrant culture at the club during the MON halcyon era.

So it has nothing to do with him giving MON an open cheque book but then having to reign the spending in since MON wasted all his money?

Online Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2015, 07:20:09 PM »
You do realise that the losses built up during the time it was "working" while he was attending more often is the main reason we're in the mess we're in now? So no, it didn't really work when he was over here either.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2015, 07:20:14 PM »
The club have done the same thing that they've in the last couple of years of releasing snippets of the accounts before the actual results are available to download online.  It's quite mind boggling that they've still made a loss, albeit a greatly reduced one, even after all the cost cutting and with the increase in TV money as well.

Robin Russell said: "Compliance with Financial Fair Play continues to be a key component of our planning and we remain focused on growing the club in a responsible and sustainable way".

I have to say, what we're going through now doesn't feel very responsible or sustainable, and if we go down this season, that's really going to undo everything.  Be interesting to see what the figures for non-TV income are, and what the wages figure looks like.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2015, 07:22:10 PM »

No, you said it's 'not possible to run a club from the other side of the Atlantic'.  It is, as proven by other clubs, as long as you have the right people in place. We haven't had. Hopefully now Tom Fox seems to be completely in charge of all parts of the club this will change.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2015, 07:27:31 PM »
Tom Fox from what I've heard is a good commercial man but in terms of his football knowledge ?

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2015, 07:33:46 PM »
Tom Fox from what I've heard is a good commercial man but in terms of his football knowledge ?

If he appoints the right people around him, it doesn't matter does it?

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2015, 07:38:01 PM »
I am pleased that the club finances are on the mend.   However, we are in the football business and I fear that future finances have been prejudiced by excessively short term solutions.   We are, in my opinion, like a dairy farmer who had a big herd of under producing cows.   Half of the cows have gone to the abattoir and the food bill has fallen dramatically.   However, the cows which remain are still underproducing and the milk cheque continues to get smaller.   In my rural homespun non accountant way I think we are locked into the theory of diminishing returns.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2015, 07:44:00 PM »
He could be the greatest commercial guru ever to walk the earth.
But if we are not in the prem next year he may as well be a tramp off the street.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2015, 07:59:28 PM »
Brum Mail

Aston Villa still made a loss - but a much improved one - in latest set of financial accounts

I am soooooo pleased.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2015, 08:01:51 PM »
Well thank goodness for that. For a moment there I thought we were in trouble.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2015, 08:07:15 PM »
Well it has been five years worth of torture, but when you see that shiny new balance sheet in the trophy cabinet it makes it all worthwhile.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2015, 08:08:31 PM »

If he appoints the right people around him, it doesn't matter does it?

and there is an open advert for a DoF so he clearly sees that same weakness himself.

That's really the point, lets put the last 4 1/2 years behind us, we have 12 games to stay above Leicester and get a point more than QPR and Burnley.  Do that and the new board, etc can start to show that we're now trying to do things properly.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2015, 09:10:10 PM »
Well it has been five years worth of torture, but when you see that shiny new balance sheet in the trophy cabinet it makes it all worthwhile.

I am buying the commemorative video. Sleepless night tonight as I drive around town celebrating with Villa scarfs flying from the windows. What a time to be alive!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal