collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Newcastle United v Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread  (Read 32471 times)

Offline villan from luton

Re: Newcastle United v Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #240 on: February 27, 2015, 10:31:21 PM »
Carver is playing to the crowd there, maybe they will get him to do a rendition of "shit on the villa" before the game as not sure he is suited to managing a football team. Their fans are bitter, it was humour and they would have done the same thing if it was the other way round. I really really hope we beat these wankers

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #241 on: February 27, 2015, 10:33:35 PM »
I used to regard them with bemused semi-pity, like you would a clapped-out circus sideshow, but now I'm really beginning to think they're a bunch of fucking self-indulgent, thick, prissy twats. Who the fuck do they think they are? What did they expect us to do - weep along with them? The whole nation was willing their demise. We dispatched them with a lesson in dry Brummie wit. Fuck them.

Heh heh

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #242 on: February 27, 2015, 10:40:34 PM »
Standing on my corner for all those years gave me an insight into supporter mentality. Liverpool fans were blatant gloryhunters, even more so than Manchester United. Chelsea and Sours were arrogant Cockneys, Arsenal less arrogant but with added Tarquinism. They all thought their witty asides about Brummies and accents were hugely original. And every year Newcastle supporters would say how big their club was and how small we are. Not more successful, not better, but always bigger. They are as obsessed with size as Small Heath are with us. 

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #243 on: February 27, 2015, 10:52:17 PM »
There is no point packing a big one if you never get it wet.

Do I win a prize for crudest analogy?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #244 on: February 27, 2015, 11:11:15 PM »
I used to regard them with bemused semi-pity, like you would a clapped-out circus sideshow, but now I'm really beginning to think they're a bunch of fucking self-indulgent, thick, prissy twats. Who the fuck do they think they are? What did they expect us to do - weep along with them? The whole nation was willing their demise. We dispatched them with a lesson in dry Brummie wit. Fuck them.

Well said.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #245 on: February 27, 2015, 11:43:25 PM »
I know Paulie thinks this Newcastle squad is on a par with what they had in the 90s but really I look at what they played v Man. City..Williamson....Anita....Abeid....Obertan....Dummett....I just think how badly we've been run these past these years that we're in constant relegation battles year in year out and yet Newcastle with their  Pardew out demos and Mike Ashley running the show are safely tucked in mid table.

Yes they have good players like Sissoko and Cisse but so do we so it is very depressing to see them a good 10 points clear which will probably be the difference at the end of the year.

« Reply #246 on: February 27, 2015, 11:47:59 PM »
There is no point packing a big one if you never get it wet.

Do I win a prize for crudest analogy?

They have not always packed a big one, far from it tbh

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #247 on: February 28, 2015, 12:30:26 AM »
Overlooking the stalled hill start against Stoke last weekend, I'm really hoping this is where we ram raid the jewellers and then floor it up the street tyres screeching and smoking this weekend at St. James's. We have to get 3 pts. Don't care how we do it - 0-1 or 0-5, just badly, badly need a win to stop the rot and turn things around. Even a draw won't be good enough. The players need to give the full Ron Saunders 110% and show they are up for this scrap and willing to justify their daft salaries.

This match will give us a clear direction as to whether we are going to stay up or go down. I'm willing to predict (predictions aren't really my strong point, mind) win it and we'll stay up. Lose it and I fear we will be heading for the championship. There is so much riding on this match. They have to get the belief and the confidence back into this group of players and get them absolutely fucking fired up for this. Every header, every 50/50, every corner and free kick has to count. Run like they've never run before, provide the options, make the chances and get the bastard ball in the net as many times as they can!

Come on Villa, it really is shit or bust now- you have to step up and do it for the club and the supporters.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #248 on: February 28, 2015, 01:05:39 AM »
2-0 Newcastle.

« Reply #249 on: February 28, 2015, 01:12:48 AM »
Having a little wager on 1-2 and Benteke scoring

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #250 on: February 28, 2015, 01:20:17 AM »
I know Paulie thinks this Newcastle squad is on a par with what they had in the 90s but really I look at what they played v Man. City..Williamson....Anita....Abeid....Obertan....Dummett....I just think how badly we've been run these past these years that we're in constant relegation battles year in year out and yet Newcastle with their  Pardew out demos and Mike Ashley running the show are safely tucked in mid table.

Yes they have good players like Sissoko and Cisse but so do we so it is very depressing to see them a good 10 points clear which will probably be the difference at the end of the year.

It sadly just highlights that Pardew is a much better, but still very mediocre manager, than Lambert.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #251 on: February 28, 2015, 01:40:28 AM »
lol every season it does cheer me up when Newcastle fans (and now coaches) embarrass themselves by reminding everyone how they relegated themselves at our place and the whole league laughed.

Good times, good times.

Offline gnrpoison

« Reply #252 on: February 28, 2015, 01:43:19 AM »
Funny thing is, if some of their players that day and that season had shown as much passion and distaste of what happened like their fans have in 6 years. I don't think they would have gone down as would have probably done enough to get the results they needed. I remember being there that day and the game was dull, it is only us taking the piss that was a highlight and that an own goal sent them down. Still think the 'Only One Kevin Keegan chants' in the 4 -1 game the season before was funnier.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #253 on: February 28, 2015, 01:51:04 AM »
Its probably much more comforting for them to blame a couple of little signs from the opposition fans than their players being shite.

When we go down again (and I think it will be this season) I hope we will have the good grace to blame nobody but ourselves and take in good humour the fact that most of the rest of the league will find it richly amusing.

Offline VancouverLion

• GM : 24.01.2016
« Reply #254 on: February 28, 2015, 03:37:26 AM »
Hard earned 1-1 Benteke in the last 10

UTV

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal