collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Questions From Newcastle Fans  (Read 23353 times)

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
Re: Questions From Newcastle Fans
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 06:33:15 PM »
This term "busted flush" for Darren bent is quite ridiculous . We are crying out for a goal scorer , he's the clubs record signing and he's been sent to coventry following a fall out with the ex-manager and he's banging the goals in.
Ridiculous scenario.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 07:24:07 PM »
1 – Where do you think you’ll finish this season? What about Newcastle? Us 18th - you, about 11th, where you are now 4 pts behind Stoke and 4 above Everton
2 – What are your thoughts on Tim Sherwood? Not terribly impressed. 6 months managing an expensively assembled squad is not the experience we needed to dig us out of the shit
3 – Is your lack of goals due to not creating chances? Or just from being poor in front of goal? General all round ineptitude and lack of passion
4 – Do you think the club should have kept Darren Bent? No. Deflecting them in off your arse from a yard out in the Championship doesn't equate to a top PL striker. 3 goals in 24 games for Fulham tells a more realistic story.
5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why? Steve Hodge, possibly the most despised former Villa player. Not only would he be in my spare room, he'd be chained to the radiator while I devised and then inflicted extreme forms of mental torture on him
6 – Who do you think will be the three clubs to get relegated? And who will make up the top four? Leicester, QPR and, sadly, us for the drop. Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, and, sadly Man U top 4
7 – If your club was a biscuit, what biscuit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit? Jaffa cake. Is it a cake? Is it a biscuit? In the same way no-one's quite sure what Villa is these days but most people seem to like them regardless
8 – What is the general mood among Villa fans? Has it contributed to falling home attendances? Four years of dross has created a mood of general apathy. No matter how bad it gets I just don't get angry these days - just resigned to the inevitable. In many ways it's surprising attendances have held up to the level they are.
9 – Have Newcastle made a mistake by waiting until the summer to appoint a permanent manager? Don't think so as you're safely ensconced in mid-table so you can afford to take your time and hopefully get the right man for the long term
10 – Scoreline prediction? 3-1 to your lot

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2015, 10:08:44 PM »
1 – Where do you think you’ll finish this season? What about Newcastle?

Us 17th. You 13th

2 – What are your thoughts on Tim Sherwood?

Could potentially be a bit of a rent-a-gob but i won't care if he keeps us up.

3 – Is your lack of goals due to not creating chances? Or just from being poor in front of goal?

Ooo how i miss those shots on target.

4 – Do you think the club should have kept Darren Bent?

See loan at Fulham.

5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why?

One of those ones with a vagina. That seems to be the gist I'm getting.

6 – Who do you think will be the three clubs to get relegated? And who will make up the top four?

Leicester, QPR and Hull (ooo). Don't agree at all with most saying United will be in the top
4. They're crap even if currently 3rd. Chelsea, City, Arse, Lpool.

7 – If your club was a biscuit, what biscuit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit?

Rich Tea. Good biscuit but for fucks sake don't dunk it.

8 – What is the general mood among Villa fans? Has it contributed to falling home attendances?

Pure apathy. Oozing apathy from every orifice. Surprisingly still more go than I would expect.

9 – Have Newcastle made a mistake by waiting until the summer to appoint a permanent manager?

No, sensible. Although you have the juggernaut of bellends making the decision.

10 – Scoreline prediction?

1-2. Gil, and Benteke to knob one in.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2015, 10:40:15 PM »
1. Still in the game! (Both clubs)

2. Hoping he's the hero of the hour.

3. Midfield need a SatNav past the halfway line.

4. Who knows? Can't get him back from the loan and Fulham are set up for him. Strange he's at Derby.

5. Emile Heskey.

6. Not us.

7. Chocolate hobnobs. Excellent taste!

8. Living more hopefully now we have Tim. Before that, well, not so much.

9. No, more choice then and you are in a better place than we are so can afford to wait.

10. 1 - 7 ( We need it more than you do, especially decreasing the goal difference!)

« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 11:02:43 PM by Louzie0 »

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2015, 10:48:06 PM »
1 – Where do you think you’ll finish this season? What about Newcastle? The game against you will decide our fate, I reckon. So either 20th-18th or 17th for us. You: 12th
2 – What are your thoughts on Tim Sherwood? The best we could get, in the circumstances, but those circumstances should never have come about. Could well be too late. We should have got rid of Lambert last summer or, failing that, we could have least have got Sherwood in before the January transfer window closed but we don't seem to be doing the sensible management thing, at the moment.
3 – Is your lack of goals due to not creating chances? Or just from being poor in front of goal? Definitely the former. Probably the latter as well.
4 – Do you think the club should have kept Darren Bent? No. I'm grateful to him for keeping us up in 2010-11, but he's over the hill now.
5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why? Joey Barton. The door's very thick and I wouldn't tell him my wi-fi password.
6 – Who do you think will be the three clubs to get relegated? And who will make up the top four? Leicester and any two of Burnley, Sunderland, QPR or us.  :'( The top four are of no interest to me.
7 – If your club was a biscuit, what biscuit would it be? A Jammy Dodger if we manage to avoid the drop! Boom boom!
8 – What is the general mood among Villa fans? Resignation and apathy with occasional residual anger. That's going mostly by this site, mind, so the sample may be skewed!
9 – Have Newcastle made a mistake by waiting until the summer to appoint a permanent manager? No. You won't be in trouble, so it seems to make sense to wait until Summer and then shop around.
10 – Scoreline prediction? 2-3 in a thrilling end-to-end game!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 09:51:51 AM by German James »

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2015, 09:14:42 AM »

We will go down. You will get off at Gateshead. 15th

We do not need a gilet, we need a chasuble.

3 – Is your lack of goals due to not creating chances? Or just from being poor in front of goal?

I think all these players spend so much time being "on fire" in training that they have nothing left to give come Saturday (or Sunday or Monday...)

Yes, we should have loaned out the rest of our team and borrowed Derby's to supply him with tap-ins.

5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why?

Corine Franco. Ok She's not a keeper but she likes to score when she can.

6 – Who do you think will be the three clubs to get relegated? And who will make up the top four?

Burnley
Aston Villa
Leicester

Top Four: the ones who should bugger off to a Euro "Super League" and leave us mortals to create a fair competition.

7 – If your club was a biscuit, what biscuit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit?

We have been Jammie Dodgers in recent years so I hope that continues at least for this season.

8 – What is the general mood among Villa fans? Has it contributed to falling home attendances?

It ranges from dysthimia to mild resignation depending on whether it's a match day or not.

9 – Have Newcastle made a mistake by waiting until the summer to appoint a permanent manager?

I was going to say no because you will be able to conduct the interviews in short-sleeves but you are already in short-sleeves, aren't you?

1-3 to Aston Villa. (Nine times out of ten I predict that scoreline. I am bound to get it right one day. Maybe).

richtheholtender

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2015, 09:51:43 AM »
1 – Where do you think you’ll finish this season? What about Newcastle? 16th/12th
2 – What are your thoughts on Tim Sherwood? Potentially a good manager, just not what we needed now. Martin Oneill got us in this mess, and the irony is we need a Martin Oneill style manager now. Funny old world ain't it?
3 – Is your lack of goals due to not creating chances? Or just from being poor in front of goal? Both, but mainly the former. Still waiting for that Paul Merson replacement all these years later. The coaching has also been crap for too long.
4 – Do you think the club should have kept Darren Bent? Yes, I think people need a reality check that top strikers most of the time don't "work hard". Do Brazil and Argentina care if their strikers close down like Heskey? Or do they care that their stiker beats 3 players and puts the ball in the net?
5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why? Normally McGrath,but we really need a creative midfielder and a leader. Barry at 27 would be for me.
6 – Who do you think will be the three clubs to get relegated? And who will make up the top four? Leicester, Burnley and QPR. Chelsea, City, United and Arsenal.
7 – If your club was a biscuit, what biscuit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit? Any sort of crumble and far from a hobnob.
8 – What is the general mood among Villa fans? Has it contributed to falling home attendances? People are fast losing interest. Seeing clubs that really are championship clubs showing Villa up is just simply taking the piss.
9 – Have Newcastle made a mistake by waiting until the summer to appoint a permanent manager? No.
10 – Scoreline prediction? 1-2 Villa. Villa need to play a team that don't have a lot to play for, and away from home. The result of this game is crucial.

Offline remy

• Claret & Blue Flag ALWAYS flapping
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2015, 11:29:26 AM »
Hi lads, i'm from toonforum.co.uk and we like to ask opposition fans a set of questions to use in our pre match build up. I've been on here before and got a good response. Here are the questions:

Thanks in advance

1) In the bottom 3. Newcastle - midtable mediocrity.
2) I dont think he has it in him to save us from relegation.
3) Both.
4) HELL NO. Goal hanger extraordinaire. Championship is his level.
5) Pongo Waring - 50 goals in one season - record breaker - legend.
6) US, Burnley, Leicester.
7) A crushed, stepped on N-I-C-E biscuit, too broken and dirty to digest.
8) We'll I dont share everybody's 'we-can-stay-up-despite-the-odds' attitude, frankly I am distraught after walking home after Stoke. Still am. Resigned to relegation.
9) No, you will take your pick come the summer. Whatshisname is just keeping the bench warm.
10) 3-0 without breaking sweat for newcastle. TS to say "More work needs doing".

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2015, 11:35:48 AM »
1 – Where do you think you’ll finish this season? What about Newcastle?  19th (Villa) 14th (Newcastle)

2 – What are your thoughts on Tim Sherwood? Said and did the right things the first week he was here but badly needed a "New manager bounce" to have a chance of keeping us up.  The defeat to Stoke could be the killing blow I think

3 – Is your lack of goals due to not creating chances? Or just from being poor in front of goal?  Not creating chances which means that the strikers feel extra pressure when they do get a chance that in turn makes them more likely to miss

4 – Do you think the club should have kept Darren Bent? No. Did great for us the first season he was here but his time with us is through

5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why? Zinedane Zidane - made football an art

6 – Who do you think will be the three clubs to get relegated? And who will make up the top four? - QPR, Villa, Burnley Top 4 - Chelea, Man City and then any two out of Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs, Southampton, West ham

7 – If your club was a biscuit, what biscuit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit? Out of date saturated digestive, in other words a bit shit, like what we are

8 – What is the general mood among Villa fans? Has it contributed to falling home attendances? Gloomy, apathetic and yes

9 – Have Newcastle made a mistake by waiting until the summer to appoint a permanent manager? Depends who you end up with

10 – Scoreline prediction? Shock 6-0 away win.  I can dream can't I!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 11:39:54 AM by not3bad »

Offline Damo70

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2015, 11:44:11 AM »

We will go down. You will get off at Gateshead. 15th

We do not need a gilet, we need a chasuble.

I think all these players spend so much time being "on fire" in training that they have nothing left to give come Saturday (or Sunday or Monday...)

Yes, we should have loaned out the rest of our team and borrowed Derby's to supply him with tap-ins.

Corine Franco. Ok She's not a keeper but she likes to score when she can.

Burnley
Aston Villa
Leicester

Top Four: the ones who should bugger off to a Euro "Super League" and leave us mortals to create a fair competition.

We have been Jammie Dodgers in recent years so I hope that continues at least for this season.

It ranges from dysthimia to mild resignation depending on whether it's a match day or not.

I was going to say no because you will be able to conduct the interviews in short-sleeves but you are already in short-sleeves, aren't you?

1-3 to Aston Villa. (Nine times out of ten I predict that scoreline. I am bound to get it right one day. Maybe).

I prefer Laure Boulleau to Corine Franco. Ooh, shall we have a poll/vote?

Offline not3bad

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2015, 12:07:39 PM »

Offline HertsVilla

• I say telescopic dampers, I mean rigid stays...
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2015, 12:42:00 PM »
Sadly, I’m increasingly resigned to relegation. Having attended our awful game at Hull (believe me there’s been some bad ones over the past few years), I was convinced that we were doomed. The optimism of a new manager gives us some hope but I fear it is a case of too little, too late. I think Newcastle will finish mid-table. Beautiful, comfortable mid-table.

Underwhelmed. I think it could all end disastrously and, even if by some miraculous circumstances we retain our Premier League status, I’m not convinced longer term he is the person to take the club forward. Although, that said, the whole hierarchy at Villa needs to be completely overhauled. I do appreciate that our current predicament is in no way his fault though and would love nothing more than my pessimism to be proven unfounded! 

Sylvia Plath once said that ‘the worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt’ which I think is depressingly apt for us.

No, he is past it.

Ian Taylor. Not the greatest. But he loves the Villa and so do I.

Relegated: Leicester (20th), QPR (19th) and Villa/Burnley/Sunderland (18th).
Top Four: Couldn’t. Give. A. Monkeys.

Rich Tea. Once titled the ‘Lord of all Biscuits’, with an enviable and glorious heritage and prestige, but sadly usurped in recent times by gaudy pretenders of little substance like Oreos/Chelsea.

Apathy. Most definitely.

No, quite the contrary. Whilst your season will inevitably fizzle out, a comfortable mid-table berth is guaranteed affording you ample opportunity in the summer to diligently search for a successor to Carver. Handled well, longer term this will only be beneficial to the club.

Something I wish Villa had done last summer. Alas.

Heart: 2-1 Villa
Head: 2-0 Toon

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2015, 12:43:55 PM »
Laisa Andrioli wins. Especially her NSFW pics!

Offline not3bad

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2015, 01:00:53 PM »
Are these all French ladies?  If so France has the best football team.

Offline freethinker

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2015, 01:06:58 PM »
I’ve just had a look at the toonforum site. The original poster asked for suggestions for questions to ask us - here are some of the responses:
  • What are your thoughts on Tim Sherwood being a s*** manager and getting you relegated?
  • Which derby are you looking forward to most next season, Wolves or Birmingham?
  • Who's your next messiah, Stan Collymore or Richard Hammond?
  • Why is it that you are the biggest bunch of cronuts in football?
  • Why are your attendances so poor that they make Sunderland look like a well supported club?
  • Will there be many tickets left for the match on 24 May so we can come and watch you get relegated?
  • Sherwood said he would only consider a top job after leaving Spurs, what do you think made him change his mind?
  • What are your feelings towards Darren Bent after he took the step up to join Derby last month?

Another comment was "Horrific club, horrific fans. No club deserves relegation more."

Looks like they still haven't got over 2009!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal