collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Press-ing along  (Read 8310 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Press-ing along
« on: February 23, 2015, 12:05:21 AM »

Offline tomd2103

Re: Press-ing along
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 12:19:14 AM »
Haven't seen too about the SC AGM.  Did anyone there make the point to Tom Fox that all this work on the commercial side will be totally undone if we go down and that the staff he is currently hiring in that department will probably have to be made redundant if our stay in the second tier lasts more than one season?

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 12:33:21 AM »
That's the most downbeat piece I've read from you in a long time Dave.  Worrying times alright.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 12:53:45 AM »
What a depressing depiction of life at B6. We are danger of ending one disaster and starting on the path to another ultimately leading to relegation. I believe Sherwood when he says relegation isn't an option. I'm not convinced enough of the current staff see it the same way or are that worried about it.

Let's hope that in the days leading up to Newcastle some home truths are delivered and we are witness to a late season resurgence. Not that I'll be holding my breath.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 12:56:11 AM »
I think nearly all of the players give a shite, I think it's down to a total lack of confidence for most of them.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 03:07:00 AM »
I don't see any genuine leadership on the field, it isn't a case of not caring it's more a case of lack of aggression. if i see Gabby smiling on the pitch again i will scream, fine when Villa score but thats not very often.Whats happened to Delph and Benteke both of them should be dropped but who do you replace them with, they have no excuse they have the talent we all have witnessed that. A question, i believe Benteke needs another big man up front so the opposition can't double team him, can't see anyone who plays forward now so would you try Clark there.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 03:44:37 AM »
I hate what has happened to Villa in the last 5 years.

Not because we have had ups and downs. Mainly downs. But because we have become a by product. An irrelevance. We are doomed at this rate.

And we wont be coming back.

And I fucking hate it.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 04:34:37 AM »
I think nearly all of the players give a shite, I think it's down to a total lack of confidence for most of them.

I hope that you're right. Those of a certain age know what it is like when the players don't care enough. Really bad things happen.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 04:42:38 AM »

I hope that you're right. Those of a certain age know what it is like when the players don't care enough. Really bad things happen.

My conclusion is a bit more depressing. Thinking about it I just think the players are not good enough to keep us up in the league. They can try all they like and individually they might even have a decent game up to premier league quality, but on average their true talent level will reflect in the results. This season they have found their level.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 07:00:20 AM »
I still think we have a good group off players (I won't say team because that doesn't exist at the moment) and like Dave am 'clutching at straws' that the late goal will kick some arses into doing/feeling something.
Mind you, I thought that the drubbing by Arsenal, Lambert's sacking, the arrival of Sherwood, Roy Keane etc would've done that by now. I'm now of the belief that only a specific threat by Beatle John and ISIS will provoke our players into putting on a decent performance or ten and saving our season.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 07:20:09 AM »
Saturday was a real reality check.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2015, 11:03:00 AM »
He (Tom Fox) "wouldn’t commit to paying all club staff the Living Wage". What did Tom Fox say? And which staff at Villa Park don't get a living wage? Is it catering contracted match day staff? Or someone else? Ticket office, ground staff?

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2015, 11:52:47 AM »
Spot on Dave.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2015, 11:56:45 AM »
He (Tom Fox) "wouldn’t commit to paying all club staff the Living Wage". What did Tom Fox say? And which staff at Villa Park don't get a living wage? Is it catering contracted match day staff? Or someone else? Ticket office, ground staff?

He said something about government policy and two-thirds of club employees receive above minimum wage. So a third, presumably mostly casual matchday staff, don't get paid enough to buy a ticket. That's not right.

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2015, 12:04:33 PM »
The owner and boardroom staff at the club may have had good intentions, but their complete lack of understanding or care at this stage makes me angry and bewildered in equal measure.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal