collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa and The FA Cup  (Read 5414 times)

Offline Gregorys Boy

Villa and The FA Cup
« on: February 19, 2015, 09:03:30 AM »
So we have gotten to the exciting stage where we can all start dreaming of our first final in 15 years, and maybe actually winning the damn thing for the first time since 57!  But given all our problems and the other teams still left in just how far do you think we get this season.  The West Brom game is a bit of a coin toss.  They are looking much better under Pulis, its a derby, and think they will be just as fired up to get to wembley as us.  But with a near packed Villa Park and a bit of momentum from the league fingers crossed then I think we can edge this one.  Think I will go for a semi-final defeat to Liverpool who I think will win the whole thing this season.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

Re: Villa and The FA Cup
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 09:12:38 AM »
So we have gotten to the exciting stage where we can all start dreaming of our first final in 15 years, and maybe actually winning the damn thing for the first time since 57!  But given all our problems and the other teams still left in just how far do you think we get this season.  The West Brom game is a bit of a coin toss.  They are looking much better under Pulis, its a derby, and think they will be just as fired up to get to wembley as us.  But with a near packed Villa Park and a bit of momentum from the league fingers crossed then I think we can edge this one.  Think I will go for a semi-final defeat to Liverpool who I think will win the whole thing this season.

If beating the Albion to reach the semis isn't incentive enough for us this season, the prospect of pissing on Stevie Gerrard's farewell to Liverpool ( the final is on his birthday, according to just about every article written about the FA cup this season). Beat Liverpool at Wembley, Stevie G blarting his eyes out, beautiful.

To think, this time last week I had us down as relegation certainties, now I'm planning my cup final weekend. I think I'm bi-polar

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 09:52:19 AM »
I can't imagine winning the damn thing. It's been my greatest wish to see it happen, and I refuse to get over excited at the possibility.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 09:57:06 AM »
I feel like under Sherwood we'll go back to being one of these teams that aren't necessarily that good but can beat anyone on the day. Which just so happens to be perfect for cup football - good timing!

Offline nigel

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 09:58:09 AM »
I have to admit the I always liked Gerrard, as a player, but once he was fixed with 'Stevie G' and then the media insisted on calling him 'Stephen' I went off him.
If Liverpool do get to the final the media will be over them like a rash. Then just before kick off they'll mention the other team.

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 10:03:16 AM »
I feel like under Sherwood we'll go back to being one of these teams that aren't necessarily that good but can beat anyone on the day. Which just so happens to be perfect for cup football - good timing!

This. Although if Liverpool do get to the final I'm leaving the country for a month to escape the wankfest Stevie G love-in.

Offline peter w

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 10:16:22 AM »
"No-one would begrudge this Fa Cup win for Liverpool and in particular for one Stephen Gerrard..."

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 10:19:21 AM »

If beating the Albion to reach the semis isn't incentive enough for us this season, the prospect of pissing on Stevie Gerrard's farewell to Liverpool ( the final is on his birthday, according to just about every article written about the FA cup this season). Beat Liverpool at Wembley, Stevie G blarting his eyes out, beautiful.

To think, this time last week I had us down as relegation certainties, now I'm planning my cup final weekend. I think I'm bi-polar

one of the greatest things I have ever seen in all my footballing years is Gerards slip against Chelsea last season, I think this may just eclipse that

everybodies favourite other team my arse!!!

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2015, 10:26:23 AM »
I never want to see Liverpool win anything again. I despise them and love it when they fail.

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2015, 11:18:03 AM »
I couldn't give a monkey's about Liverpool or Gerrard. Villa to win the FA Cup, please.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2015, 11:23:47 AM »
We won't win the FA Cup. Even if we were good enough to win it, which all the evidence suggests we're not, I doubt we'd be allowed to win it. Certainly not if Liverpool are the other finalist (should we manage to get that far). Losing another FA Cup final, to Liverpool, by a Stevie G free kick or a dodgy penalty would be the stuff of nightmares. I doubt it'll come to that, though. Liverpool / Arsenal final. Hope Arsenal spoil the Stevie G Jism-Jamboree. 

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2015, 11:25:06 AM »
I've gone for losing in the final, as I can't believe I'll ever see us win the bloody thing, but we must have a win over one of the remaining rich kids to get to the final.  (No way we'll be lucky enough to draw the winner of Reading/Bradford.)

Be interesting to see how the 11% who say that the quarter finals are the end of line for us match up with the predictions in the pre-match thread when we get there.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2015, 11:26:04 AM »
The thread title should be:-

Tim Sherwood's Villa and the FA Cup

Offline bob

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2015, 11:26:45 AM »
I'll be gobsmacked if we don't win it.

Offline bob

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2015, 11:27:58 AM »
"No-one would begrudge this Fa Cup win for Liverpool and in particular for one Stephen Gerrard..."

*pukes*

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal