collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Cameron on Sherwood  (Read 7276 times)

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
Re: Cameron on Sherwood
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2015, 04:10:15 PM »
I may not agree with his politics but I find his comments about Villa always pretty funny.

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 04:16:17 PM »
If he wants to remain a Villa fan the least he could do is include; the introduction of the standing areas and reverse the draconian law of being unlawful to have a drink whilst in sight of the playing area, in his next manifesto.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 04:31:52 PM »
If he said he was a Man U fan then he'd be getting slagged for that too. This really isn't a big deal, and is completely separate to his political position. Villa fans come in all shapes and sizes, colours and creeds etc etc. The more the merrier is what I say.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 06:13:09 PM »
If he wants to remain a Villa fan the least he could do is include; the introduction of the standing areas and reverse the draconian law of being unlawful to have a drink whilst in sight of the playing area, in his next manifesto.

Consider yourself lucky.  I was up in Scotland at the weekend and there was a bit on the news about them trying to overturn the law that does not allow them to drink in grounds up there!

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 06:23:01 PM »
Give him a break.  Politicians get enough shit (maybe rightly so) for their day job.  He has a liking for Villa & makes a few innocuous humorous comments when asked about it.  What's wrong with that?

I'd certainly give him a break. Maybe several. After all he deserves all the crap he gets for what he and his 1980's tribute government have put people through the last 5 years.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2015, 07:41:17 PM »
Give him a break.  Politicians get enough shit (maybe rightly so) for their day job.  He has a liking for Villa & makes a few innocuous humorous comments when asked about it.  What's wrong with that?

well if his villa, then why dont he change the snories colour from shitty blue to a rather nice claret, CHEERS.

like what i did with that.

Offline Mossie Hennebry

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2015, 08:03:04 PM »
From the comments.

Cameron is a fan as he is related to William McGregor; a former Villa director and founder of the football league; there is a statue of him outside the ground.

ha ha,
I suppose if you go back far enough we are all related to each other
Muhammad and Charlemagne apparently:
http://theatln.tc/1G8TFpU

Offline myf

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2015, 08:31:41 PM »
I'll never understand parents who let their kids become glory hunters. Another sad reflection of modern society

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2015, 08:58:57 PM »
I'll never understand parents who let their kids become glory hunters. Another sad reflection of modern society
What would you suggest? Beating them until they like the same things that you do?

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2015, 11:36:25 PM »
If he said he was a Man U fan then he'd be getting slagged for that too. This really isn't a big deal, and is completely separate to his political position. Villa fans come in all shapes and sizes, colours and creeds etc etc. The more the merrier is what I say.

Fair enough.  I think the only question mark is whether he is a proper fan (whatever that means?) he could make more of an effort to get to some games, and I don't want to hear any of this 'he's running the country' bollocks!  Because we all know he isn't really...

Offline myf

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2015, 11:45:01 PM »
What would you suggest? Beating them until they like the same things that you
What would you suggest? Beating them until they like the same things that you do?

I'd suggest teaching them the importance of supporting their local team

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2015, 12:16:58 AM »
That's a perfectly sensible thing to do.

And if they choose to completely ignore you (as children are wont to do), then that's also fine.

*incidentally, by local, presumably your lesson only works in your favour if they are growing up within a seven mile radius of Witton? Otherwise won't your lesson be about how being a Villa supporter would be wrong and that they should be West Brom, Walsall or Tamworth supporters?

Offline myf

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2015, 12:30:54 AM »
Yep it's fine but don't encourage it by buying them expensive replica shirts for the usual suspects.

Perhaps I should have said local teams. I'd rather my son's supported blues than Chelsea

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2015, 12:52:17 AM »
Perhaps I should have said local teams. I'd rather my son's supported blues than Chelsea

So would I, by a factor of 100.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2015, 01:19:02 AM »
What would you suggest? Beating them until they like the same things that you

I'd suggest teaching them the importance of supporting their local team

That's what Coops did and look how that turned out.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal