collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Expectations of Sherwood....  (Read 7560 times)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Expectations of Sherwood....
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2015, 01:11:13 PM »
Our players can keep the ball comfortably and we can defend. So If the new boss can create that extra tempo like today and improve on the final ball or like today get the ball forward quicker we are going to be absolutely fine.

Under Lambert we could only keep the ball comfortably in our own half, as soon as we tried to play it forward either the passing was crap, the build up too slow, we never had enough off the ball movement, or we lost it in a tackle.

I'm hoping Sherwood will improve these aspects.

I doubt anybody could get it more wrong than Lambert. As yesterday showed, once we were free of Lambert's castrating 'tactics' we looked like a different team. It wasn't brilliant but with confidence so low, it was as good as we could have hoped for. A few more wins and we may start to see the real potential this side has. It's a very decent squad, they just need to be allowed to show it.

Offline el león Benidorm

• GM : 28.05.2015
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2015, 04:46:20 PM »
My expectations are simple, keep us up at all costs and improve year on year.

Having read some of the negative posts on here I am surprised anyone would want the job.

I am all for being realistic, but for some people the glass isn't only half empty, some fucker has a straw in it and stealing the contents.

I think he will instill some confidence and flair into a fragile team and will eke some results that will get us over the line with two matches to spare... at least.

He may not have been everyone's choice, but I think he could be the breath of fresh air that we have needed for some time.

My biggest fear is that the whingers will be out before the first ball is even kicked under his stewardship and the air of doom and gloom will continue at B6.

We all have passionate opinions about football and these are divided, however writing him off before he has begun is just ridiculous. Get behind him and see what he can do.

Even if we lose every game 5-4 this season, we can at least say that the team had started to play attacking football and discovered where the back of net is.

Which is a damn sight more than can be said for TSM 2

UTV

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2015, 04:59:29 PM »
Simple

Keep us up this season

Build over the next 3 years so we improve each season

Have a playing style that shows us not stinking out the league for a change.

Offline Crispy B

« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2015, 05:05:51 PM »
First time poster, I've looked at the board as a guest and thought I'd better sign up, even more so because of our new manager.

I really like Tim already, he has got me feeling hope and excitement about our great club once again with his strong words and that second half team talk must have been Churchill like because our players came out of the dressing room and looked energised with a bit more fight and bite.

I welcome Tim and really hope he succeeds with us.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2015, 05:13:14 PM »
A lively last 13 games in a similar way to the latter part of the 97/98 season would be good, but without the noble exit in the cup competition.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2015, 05:14:08 PM »
In Sherwood, we haven't got some jaded coaster who thinks its just another job or that they are too big for us.  The more I think about it, we've got a young manager who will be doing everything that he can to prove himself.  I'm sure he's still pinching himself that he's got this opportunity and will be very determined to make it work.

What I want to see is some semblance of a playing style, motivated players playing to their potential and young players such as Grealish and Robinson given a proper chance.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2015, 05:17:13 PM »
A lively last 13 games in a similar way to the latter part of the 97/98 season would be good, but without the noble exit in the cup competition.

We've never looked as exciting over a sustained period of time since that spell in my opinion.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2015, 05:20:01 PM »
Assuming Lerner doesn't find a buyer, but invests say £15-£20m in transfers:

This season:  Keep us up + have a good go at the Cup.

Next season: Solid mid-table, no relegation fight.

After that:  Top 8 and a cup challenge.

Crickey I have trouble predicting the next fixtures scoreline let alone what will happen in two seasons time.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2015, 07:55:36 PM »
In Sherwood Lambert, we haven't got some jaded coaster who thinks its just another job or that they are too big for us.  The more I think about it, we've got a young manager who will be doing everything that he can to prove himself.  I'm sure he's still pinching himself that he's got this opportunity and will be very determined to make it work.

What I want to see is some semblance of a playing style, motivated players playing to their potential and young players such as Grealish Clark and RobinsonWeimann given a proper chance.

Sound familiar?

Not saying he can't prove to be very good for us, and I think he can keep us up, but I'm definitely aa bit sceptical about what comes after.

Offline Rancid custard

« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2015, 08:31:52 PM »
To not extort the city of San Francisco for lucrative amounts of money...

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2015, 08:51:52 PM »
Beat the Yam Yams twice

Offline dl9

• It all began vs Eintracht Frankfurt......
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2015, 09:04:57 PM »
To be able to understand what the f*ck he's saying post match after another loss @ midnight on a Sat eve/Sun morning after we've been on last on MoTD again.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2015, 09:10:41 PM »
To stablise us.  To turn into at least a solid mid-table side with the promise of more.  Much will depend on who we hold onto in the summer and if we there is money to spend.  But for now there is a fight just to be in the top flight next year and I can't really think beyond that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal