collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Three positives of Tim Sherwood being our manager....  (Read 20958 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Three positives of Tim Sherwood being our manager....
« Reply #150 on: February 22, 2015, 05:44:05 PM »
The bloke in frot of me was bellowing how clueless Sherwood is by the 50th minute. That must be some sort of record.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #151 on: February 22, 2015, 06:01:44 PM »
Westwood and Cleverley first to be axed according to the press.

Not sure it's already been asked but how the hell did the press know about this 24 hours before the game?

Roy Keane obviously thought cleverly had form for it!

Cleverly was the first name that came to my mind too. I hope Sherwood at least tries to find out who it was and hopefully rips them a new one.
Someone said on one of the many threads that story was posted (might have been the pre-match one) that the article was written by somebody who got a lot of the Spurs exclusives when Sherwood was manager there.

So that would suggest that it was Sherwood himself.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #152 on: February 22, 2015, 06:15:40 PM »
One of the main concerns I have with the players right now is they don't seem to sense the urgency of the situation. That's where I hope Sherwood gets into them this week. There's almost a complacent "we'll get out of this ok" feeling about the place right now. Even Sherwood was saying it this week. However now he's had a chance to watch a full game maybe he won't be so confident about us getting out of this without some real fight and desire. Yesterday will have been a punch in the nuts for him yesterday but maybe he needed it.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #153 on: February 22, 2015, 07:33:54 PM »
I worry about the 4-4-2 approach. His Spurs side were wide open with that system, and we don't have the quality they did to make up for it.

It is a worry particularly as the Villa park pitch is a bit bigger than WHL aswell.

I'm not convinced for example that Sanchez can dominate in a middle two like he did in some games as a trio and reports say he had a poor game yesterday.

It will also mean our defence will be a lot more exposed and put on one on ones so with not great goalscoring that isn't a good idea.

Whenever we played 4-4-2 with MON we always looked unconvincing against top half teams and indeed we went on winless runs with that formation. That was with a much better set of players and feel around the club.

I was never against Lambert playing 4-3-3...just when our front players started to get found out playing that system there was no Plan B or alternative.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #154 on: February 22, 2015, 08:06:26 PM »
I'm not convinced for example that Sanchez can dominate in a middle two like he did in some games as a trio and reports say he had a poor game yesterday.
Sanchez is effective between the D and centre circle and 10 yards to left and right therefore he needs a man to the left and right. These should be Delph and Cleverley/Westwood or better.  Yesterday he was asked to cover far too much ground and he struggled badly in the second half to the point of  liability in the last 20 minutes. He should have been subbed but  we had 4 potential subable players on the pitch in the second half.

This will work (I think)
                                                       Cleverley   Sanchez    Delph
                                                  Gil                                         Sinclair

Benteke

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #155 on: February 22, 2015, 09:22:37 PM »
The bloke in frot of me was bellowing how clueless Sherwood is by the 50th minute. That must be some sort of record.

Some were expressing that concern before he was appointed.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #156 on: February 22, 2015, 10:28:21 PM »
It is amazing how often a player goes up in people's opinions when they don't play. In this case, Cleverley.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #157 on: February 22, 2015, 10:38:45 PM »
It is amazing how often a player goes up in people's opinions when they don't play. In this case, Cleverley.

To be fair to Cleverley, I think he struggled to make an impact in the formation Lambert used him in. 

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #158 on: February 22, 2015, 11:28:41 PM »
Westwood and Cleverley first to be axed according to the press.

Not sure it's already been asked but how the hell did the press know about this 24 hours before the game?

Roy Keane obviously thought cleverly had form for it!

Cleverly was the first name that came to my mind too. I hope Sherwood at least tries to find out who it was and hopefully rips them a new one.
Someone said on one of the many threads that story was posted (might have been the pre-match one) that the article was written by somebody who got a lot of the Spurs exclusives when Sherwood was manager there.

So that would suggest that it was Sherwood himself.

Heaven help us.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #159 on: February 22, 2015, 11:30:56 PM »

I'm no fan but if we continue to play 4-4-2 in home games I think it has to be him alongside Delph purely as they're the two most energetic and mobile central players we have.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal